richravizza

Congess and Obomacare

richravizza

Gotta Love this,
Obama Care is Good for You, But we have other Plans.
Befor Vacation Congress and staff need not worry about No Stikin Heathcare Bill they're Exempt.Thank you for the Vote of Confidence not.

72% is a lot to wait for the government to pay you back. But hey, at least the fed gets to keep the Interest.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

richravizza

Gotta Love this,
Obama Care is Good for You, But we have other Plans.
Befor Vacation Congress and staff need not worry about No Stikin Heathcare Bill they're Exempt.Thank you for the Vote of Confidence not.

Your understanding of the issue appears to be limited, you really should research it some more.

Obama Care is Good for You, But we have other Plans

The "Obama care" you are referring to is the insurance pool that the uninsured can purchase from. If you have a job with insurance, as I do, Obama care does not affect you. The congressional staffers already have insurance, why should they have to give it up and purchase from a different provider? Why should they be treated any different from anyone else?

richravizza

if that were the case WHY pass a LAW to be Exempt?

You simply don't know what you are talking about. They are the only group who CURRENTLY has insurance who would be forced to give that up and buy out of the pool for the uninsured. There was a special bill passed by the GOP, that signaled out congressional staffers, that force them to give up their current coverage, this new law merely treats them as everyone else in the country.

jclalor

***if that were the case WHY pass a LAW to be Exempt?

You simply don't know what you are talking about. They are the only group who CURRENTLY has insurance who would be forced to give that up and buy out of the pool for the uninsured. There was a special bill passed by the GOP, that signaled out congressional staffers, that force them to give up their current coverage, this new law merely treats them as everyone else in the country.
WOW THANKS FOR THE INFO.
Your last line sumed it up.LOL
Con us and their staff will be be treated as everyone else , U GOT ME Hysterical:DHelp I cant Breathe

67 million tax dollars to hire navigators to help poor people buy insurance the gov't will pay for. Equals= higher taxes and healthcare cost for tax payers. In addition, the feds are circumventing state insurance sales people who are licensed to sell insurance via the hiring of navigators with use of Fed tax dollars.

richravizza

***if that were the case WHY pass a LAW to be Exempt?

WOW THANKS FOR THE INFO.
Your last line sumed it up.LOL
Con us and their staff will be be treated as everyone else , U GOT ME Hysterical:DHelp I cant Breathe

Con who?

'Obamacare' as mentioned was designed to allow uninsured people access to the market.....there is no subterfuge.

If you have your own insurance, and have held it for a long enough period prior to the passage of the law, you are also grandfathered in.

I hold private health insurance through Blue Cross since I also am self-employed. My premiums will increase $12 a month....from $214 to $226 a month. OHH THE HUMANITY.

Also as mentioned, Congress, like all Federal employees already have access to employer provided healthcare. As such if there had not been some retarded caveat passed in the bill that would strip employer healthcare from Congress, there would never have been a need to grant them the exception to remain covered like every other employed American with healthcare.

Iago

And how is this 'access' for the uninsured any different from them picking up the phone and calling BCBS themselves?

Now a person with pre-existing conditions can buy insurance without having to pay $1,500 a month. People who cannot afford insurance will receive help from the Government, this will also keep them from going to the ER for the flu and save everyone money.

Obamacare was an invention of the right, personal financial responsibility they told us was everyone's business. The Last GOP presidential candidate loved it before Obama was elected.

It's really not rocket science, the US has the lowest life expectancy in the western world, while spending more of our GDP on healthcare than anyone else.

There will be some snags and flaws along the way, there always are, but as people start getting use to the benefits, their gonna like it. The provision now in place that allows children up to the age of 26 to stay on their parents policy seems to be popular. I have yet to see one Republican say they will not insure their child to make a political statement.

richravizza

Typos Suck.
, and my spelling sucks
I'm self employed, the only Policy I can afford,I can't afford to use.

Yes, and maybe if you took more care with details (like spelling), your business would be more successful and you wouldn't have to whine so much.

You remind me of Mary Brown.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Iago

Oh good. Now I can wait until Im actually sick before getting insurance. Thats alit of extra money I can spend on strippers abd beer.

What a concept! We're all saved!

Lol.

How to even approach this nonsense....

Lots of ways I suppose.

Firstly, no you won't be able to wait. Obamacare will force you to get insurance or pay a penalty. So you will have it before you 'get sick'

If you mean people like my father, who had 4x bypass while employed and under his employers health insurance, and then when he retired had to go shop for his own insurance.....his rates are insane because he has a pre-existing condition.....he can only get insurance because they are forced in Missouri to offer it.....for an insane price.....

then yes you are correct....they are sick first, and then need some insurance, those fucking freeloading assholes. I'm going to go throat punch my dad right now for trying to game the system.

If you mean after Obamacare takes effect you can just opt out and wait until you get sick....No.

https://www.healthcare.gov/what-if-someone-doesnt-have-health-coverage-in-2014/

"It's important to remember that someone who pays the fee won't get any health insurance coverage. They still will be responsible for 100% of the cost of their medical care.

After open enrollment ends on March 31, 2014, they won't be able to get health coverage through the Marketplace until the next annual enrollment period, unless they have a qualifying life event."

It is always good to know what's really happening so you can prepare.

Might want to re-budget the stripper money

kallend

***Typos Suck.
, and my spelling sucks

Yes, and maybe if you took more care with details (like spelling), your business would be more successful and you wouldn't have to whine so much.

Whining ya,That's what the largest employer in the US is doing.Not hiring, not expanding,whining and waiting to find out how much this will actually cost me to hire a FULL TIME Employees to expand.
Stiring the Pot ya,
Shaking my head at a Law that's two feet thick.
Thinkn they've done such a good job, with 15% of my Income for SSI. I'm sure they will manage my health care System equally as well..
typos from being awake ,not being able to sleep,worryin about the economy and the future of my business, Call me Mary.

If you have a job with insurance, as I do, Obama care does not affect you.

False, my plan and my wife's plan has changed. Several other people who had insurance had their plans change. So your claim that it has no effect is false.

The congressional staffers already have insurance, why should they have to give it up and purchase from a different provider? Why should they be treated any different from anyone else?

The people who voted for it and the people that support them should be subject to it, not exempted from it. Same with the unions that supported it.

Well now, who is really the dumb one?

The one who gets a job he cannot be fired for (as you put it anyway)

or

The one who knows about that job, and gets a different one instead, and then bitches about it not being the same as the other one he didn't even try to get.

Not sure what that has to do with Congress getting the same thing as everyone else though.

DaVinci

If you have a job with insurance, as I do, Obama care does not affect you.

False, my plan and my wife's plan has changed. Several other people who had insurance had their plans change. So your claim that it has no effect is false.

***The congressional staffers already have insurance, why should they have to give it up and purchase from a different provider? Why should they be treated any different from anyone else?

The people who voted for it and the people that support them should be subject to it, not exempted from it. Same with the unions that supported it.

You have a false notion of what 'it' is.

No one who has health insurance is "forced" to drop that coverage and get into a new policy.

Period.

Seriously, don't take my word for it. Go check it out.

https://www.healthcare.gov/what-if-i-have-job-based-health-insurance/

That addresses the point about employer coverage, and there are many other questions you can find answers to.

Everyone in the United States is 'subject to it' as you put it. No one is exempted, including Congress.

Congress already has health insurance provided by their employer. (See above link as to why they will be within the new law)

Can your premiums increase as a result of the new laws, yes. Will they? Probably.

Mine increased $12 a month.

The level of propaganda surrounding this thing is mind blowing. You guys claim to be so upset with how its going to affect you, and yet have absolutely no idea what it is actually going to do.

Congress isn't exempt from premium increases any more than you or I, and they aren't exempt from Obamacare, whatever that would even mean....

That they could be uninsured without penalty? Why a rich ass Congressman would be uninsured is a mystery....but even granting that they would want that for some reason....no they are not exempt.

You have a false notion of what 'it' is.

No one who has health insurance is "forced" to drop that coverage and get into a new policy.

Period.

You have a false notion of market forces.

Can your premiums increase as a result of the new laws, yes. Will they? Probably.

And others lost coverage, other had their coverage change. That is NOT the same as 'you can keep it'

The level of propaganda surrounding this thing is mind blowing. You guys claim to be so upset with how its going to affect you, and yet have absolutely no idea what it is actually going to do.

What is funny is I know EXACTLY what it is going to do since it has already started. The funny thing is how YOU claim to know what it is going to do to me..... You have no idea, yet you claim to know about my insurance.

DaVinci

And others lost coverage, other had their coverage change. That is NOT the same as 'you can keep it'

What is funny is I know EXACTLY what it is going to do since it has already started. The funny thing is how YOU claim to know what it is going to do to me..... You have no idea, yet you claim to know about my insurance.

I dont claim to know what it is going to do to you. In fact I encouraged you to go read up and make sure you understand exactly. I mentioned my premiums have increased by $12, since I have held my policy for so long, I am grandfathered in and my policy itself will not change, but I was subject to a small premium increase.

I claim to know that if you have employer based health insurance, you will not be forced to drop it and purchase a new policy.

As far as if employers can opt to stop offering insurance to their employees thereby forcing them into the new marketplace.....that is possible. The employer will be forced to pay a fine associated with doing that, and that does not take effect until 2015

http://www.sba.gov/content/employers-with-50-or-more-employees

I dont claim to know what it is going to do to you.

False: "The level of propaganda surrounding this thing is mind blowing. You guys claim to be so upset with how its going to affect you, and yet have absolutely no idea what it is actually going to do." From you....

So you claim I don't know what it is going to do.

Then you claim:

I claim to know that if you have employer based health insurance, you will not be forced to drop it and purchase a new policy.

But the you claim:

As far as if employers can opt to stop offering insurance to their employees thereby forcing them into the new marketplace.....that is possible.

So you just contradicted yourself.

Iago

*********Typos Suck.
, and my spelling sucks

Whining ya,That's what the largest employer in the US is doing.Not hiring, not expanding,whining and waiting to find out how much this will actually cost me to hire a FULL TIME Employees to expand.
Stiring the Pot ya,
Shaking my head at a Law that's two feet thick.
Thinkn they've done such a good job, with 15% of my Income for SSI. I'm sure they will manage my health care System equally as well..
typos from being awake ,not being able to sleep,worryin about the economy and the future of my business, Call me Mary.

Yep, that's about right. He's a prof at a big University with TENURE.

TENURE means they can't fire him.

Incorrect. Facts can be so inconvenient, can't they.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

DaVinci

I dont claim to know what it is going to do to you.

False: "The level of propaganda surrounding this thing is mind blowing. You guys claim to be so upset with how its going to affect you, and yet have absolutely no idea what it is actually going to do." From you....

So you claim I don't know what it is going to do.

Then you claim:
***I claim to know that if you have employer based health insurance, you will not be forced to drop it and purchase a new policy.

But the you claim:

As far as if employers can opt to stop offering insurance to their employees thereby forcing them into the new marketplace.....that is possible.

So you just contradicted yourself.

Well yes I do claim you don't know what it is going to do.....but I don't claim to know what it is going to do to you either.....

And yes, you will not be forced to drop your employer based coverage.

Your employer may choose to drop any and all health coverage they offer..... not that they were required to provide access to it pre-Obamacare.......

but you aren't forced to drop anything.

Well yes I do claim you don't know what it is going to do...

And you are wrong. It has already started to happen.

It amazes me how you think you know more about me and my life than me. :S

And yes, you will not be forced to drop your employer based coverage

I'll lose it if they drop it. If they quit offering it, I am forced to drop it.

Your logic... Isn't