regulator

Rioting over the zimmerman case should be an embarrasment to blacks

Bignugget

You can defend yourself after any of those, when I come chase you down in a truck with a gun and start doing them.

Until then you can't.

Oh, and if you are the one in the truck with the gun following me.....Well then I have a right to defend myself against your aggression.

It must suck that after hearing ALL of the testimony any seeing ALL of the evidence that the jury does not agree with you.

I guess we should just trust you rather than the people that saw every piece of evidence and heard every word of testimony.

Bignugget

You can defend yourself after any of those, when I come chase you down in a truck with a gun and start doing them.
Until then you can't.

Oh, and if you are the one in the truck with the gun following me.....Well then I have a right to defend myself against your aggression.

It is not an assault or crime to walk behind someone. TM didn't know he had a gun. TM broke Z's nose. It was not until after TM broke Z's nose that Z defended himself. Jury had no other course but to acquit. TM attacked Z. Z did not fire a bunch of bullets at TM killing him. Had not TM broke Z's nose the case would have been more difficult to decide, especially if Z had shot TM in the back.

And if following someone is a crime why are not all the liberals demanding OBAMA not to follow the general public around the internet and on the phone.

Bignugget

Until then you can't.

Thank you for such wonderful proof that you have no idea what you're talking about. If you do any of the things listed, and I'm not the one who started the violence, then I can defend myself, regardless of whether either of us has a gun, is in a truck, or is following the other.

You really need to understand that doing legal things cannot be used to infer intent to cause harm. Carrying a gun does not mean you want to shoot someone. Following someone while talking to 9-1-1 does not mean you want to stalk or injure them.

If I'm in a truck following you (while on with 9-1-1 and waiting for a cop) and happen to be legally carrying a firearm, THAT IS NOT AGGRESSION. You have no right take any violent action against me, just as I don't have any right to take violent action against you. If you continue on your way, neither of us is injured or committing any crime. You can walk away, run away, stop and watch me, call 9-1-1 and tell them some guy is watching you, or ask me what's up. You can't attack me, and I can't attack you. If you do take violent action against me, that's not defending yourself, that's being the aggressor and attacking me.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

daily caller

Trayvon protester strikes woman pleading to bring granddaughter to hospital

Trayvon Martin demonstrators reportedly struck a woman who pleaded with them to let her pass so she could get her granddaughter, who was suffering from an allergic reaction to some medication, to a Houston hospital on Monday.

The girl’s grandmother, who asked Click2Houston.com to identify her only as Georgia, said hundreds of protesters spilled onto a bridge and highway, shouting, “No justice, no peace,” blocking all traffic.

“One of them was hitting the windshield and I was just screaming, ‘We’ve got to get to the hospital,’ and they were screaming and chanting,” Georgia said. “All I could think of was, I got to get my granddaughter to the hospital.”

Georgia’s daughter, who was driving the car, said Georgia rolled down the window to beg the demonstrators to let them pass, but a man reached into the window and “just started hitting her.”

Video footage of the incident shows a man grabbing Georgia as her car, one in a line of many trying to pass the crowd by driving on the grassy shoulder, tries to pass through. Protesters also held up an ambulance trying to navigate around stalled cars and the crowd.
snip

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I like Morgan Freeman as an actor. I like this idea on ending racism.

"Stop talking about it. I am going to stop calling you a white man and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man." - Morgan Freeman
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

DaVinci

***You can defend yourself after any of those, when I come chase you down in a truck with a gun and start doing them.

Until then you can't.

It must suck that after hearing ALL of the testimony any seeing ALL of the evidence that the jury does not agree with you.

I guess we should just trust you rather than the people that saw every piece of evidence and heard every word of testimony.

Charles Barkley and Bill Cosby commented on all of this yesterday

Two classy individuals in my book
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

davjohns

"Stop talking about it. I am going to stop calling you a white man and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man." - Morgan Freeman

ding ding ding ding
We have a winner

but we all know it is the media and the race baiters (sharpton, jackson et, al) who keep this going

both make money from it
and the Dems keep a voting base intact while lying about what is really going on and not helping anyone but themselves

(yes, this can be said about the republicans too)
Abraham Lincoln

davjohns

Except that he believes that anyone that didn't vote for Obama did so because they are racist.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

More no riots

I think you missed this part of your story:

According to LAPD Commander Andy Smith, the group coordinated beforehand via social media, believing that police presence was distracted by the anti-George Zimmerman protests in Crenshaw. “What we’re thinking is these youngsters took advantage of our redeployment of officers down to the Crenshaw District last night and decided that this would be a good night to come up to Hollywood and act a little crazy,” said Smith. Overall, the police arrested 12 people, 11 of them juveniles.

- Dan G

DanG

More no riots

I think you missed this part of your story:

According to LAPD Commander Andy Smith, the group coordinated beforehand via social media, believing that police presence was distracted by the anti-George Zimmerman protests in Crenshaw. “What we’re thinking is these youngsters took advantage of our redeployment of officers down to the Crenshaw District last night and decided that this would be a good night to come up to Hollywood and act a little crazy,” said Smith. Overall, the police arrested 12 people, 11 of them juveniles.

Didn't miss it at all. Riot has its roots in GZ.

DanG

I think it's rather telling that certain people are so desperate to show black people behaving badly.

Really?:D:D:D

that quite the statement given how this case even got to trial:D:D

Thanks for the laugh

Really out there:D
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

I think it's rather telling that certain people are so desperate to show black people behaving badly.

I think some people are just showing that "people behaving badly" was a justifiable concern, despite many people saying it will never happen.

It's mostly the poor and disenfranchised that are kicking up dust. The majority just so happens to be black.... zimmerman/trayvon are just code words....

"They said it was for the black man,they said it was for the mexican,and not for the white man.But if you look at the streets it wasn't about Rodney King,It's bout this fucked up situation and these fucked up police.It's about coming up and staying on topand screamin' 187 on a mother fuckin' cop.It's not written on the paper it's on the wall.National guard??!Smoke from all around,"

rushmc

***I think it's rather telling that certain people are so desperate to show black people behaving badly.

Really?:D:D:D

that quite the statement given how this case even got to trial:D:D

Thanks for the laugh

Really out there:D

Is it possible you're both more or less right? They're not mutually exclusive.

Arguably, the prosecution may have been desperate to show non-black people behaving badly toward blacks. Then the verdict was followed, quite predictably, by people desperate to show black people behaving badly.

DanG

Wow...... How many whites rioted over the Zimmerman verdict?
It is not racist to point out facts.... No matter how much you personally dislike the facts presented.

How many whites rioted over the Zimmerman verdict?

All those whose families have had a history of being presumed to be criminals as they walked on a public street solely due to their pasty, freckled complexions while wearing pastel Izod shirts and khakis.

Andy9o8

All those whose families have had a history of being presumed to be criminals as they walked on a public street solely due to their pasty, freckled complexions while wearing pastel Izod shirts and khakis.

Care to answer the question now? And I have been judged buy my race more than once, and actually attacked twice over it. When the attacker was questioned why he attacked me, his answer was 'Little white guy'.

So I ask again... Care to actually answer the question?

DaVinci

Care to answer the question now? And I have been judged buy my race more than once, and actually attacked twice over it. When the attacker was questioned why he attacked me, his answer was 'Little white guy'.

So I ask again... Care to actually answer the question?

I did answer the question, albeit sarcastically; you just refuse to see it. I generally don't play the game of re-answering a question I've answered; but ok, I'll re-phrase it, once.
Whites didn't riot because - unlike black people in America - whites in America generally don't have a family- and racial-group history of being presumed to be criminals as they walked on a public street solely due to their race, or perhaps their race combined with their choice of clothing.

Now if that still doesn't "answer the question", you're just going to have to figure it out for yourself. Or not.

But, they choose to hang on to their victim status. It's easier than being held responsible for your situation, and the government pays. BTW, I profile in my neighborhood as well. If a thug looking guy is walking down my street you can be pretty sure he doesn't belong there, unless he's cutting the grass. Oh, and he doesn't have to be black to fit the profile.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

a thug looking guy

Oh, stop. I addressed this silliness several times in that other thread you started. Your little for-the-record disclaimer notwithstanding, he wasn't "thug looking"; he was a young black male who was casually dressed; and it's asinine on multiple levels to describe wearing a hooded sweatshirt as "thug looking".

Andy9o8

a thug looking guy

Oh, stop. I addressed this silliness several times in that other thread you started. Your little for-the-record disclaimer notwithstanding, he wasn't "thug looking"; he was a young black male who was casually dressed; and it's asinine on multiple levels to describe wearing a hooded sweatshirt as "thug looking".

Where did I say anything about a hoodie?

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

a thug looking guy

Gosh, you're right; that wins the day! I surrender. :S

Andy9o8

a thug looking guy

Gosh, you're right; that wins the day! I surrender. :S

Well clearly you're projecting your version of things onto mine. Good idea to give up. BTW, there was an 18yo black kid shot and killed in my town last night; wonder when CNN and MSNBC will get around to reporting it.

Destinations by Roxanne

Imagine being born into a society where, solely because of your race, 87% of the rest of the population thinks you're thug-looking if you're dressed in anything more casual than a business suit.

Eh, but that's just science fiction. Never mind.