NorrinRadd

Texas legislature dressed down

rushmc

How does it feel being someone who is preoccupied with the reproductive organs of women he doesn't even know?

How does it feel being a supporter of the unrestricted murder of babies? (this comment is meant to be as stupid as the one you made here. As I dont really think you support murder)

anyway

Just so you know
The TX law does not outlaw abortion
It requires the procedure be done in a certified surgical hospital and not a back closet slaughter house
Why are you against the best situational procedure for women?

He's too busy dancing with glee.

It requires the procedure be done in a certified surgical hospital and not a back closet slaughter house

That's a bunch of crap, and everyone knows it. It sounds sanctimonious and good, right up there with "if you're not breaking the law then you shouldn't worry about police surveillance."

There were 5 abortion deaths in Texas since 2002 (source). In 2011 alone, there were 116 deaths in mothers giving birth. If you assume a relatively stable number of births, increasing at 3% per year (yeah, I just made up the increase percentage, but it's probably not off by all that much), then abortion has about 2% of the death rate of birth, for the woman.

The current rules are designed to impede access to abortion, and not to improve the health of the women. Anyone who says otherwise is disingenuous or just plain lying.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

...The current rules are designed to impede access to abortion, and not to improve the health of the women. Anyone who says otherwise is disingenuous or just plain lying.

Wendy P.

Bingo. If they were at all interested in "Health & Safety" as they claim, then why don't the add these requirements to any surgery or procedure that is similar to an abortion? There are a lot of outpatient procedures that are as risky if not more so, but they don't put these requirements on them.

Go figure.

If there aren't safe and legal options for women, then the women will find other options. Not necessarily safe and probably not legal.

That is where the "back alley butchers" will come in.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

kallend

How does it feel being someone who is preoccupied with the reproductive organs of women he doesn't even know?

I'm not. But I do have a belief system that is important to me. I will not intentionally pay for the killing of a life that has just started living.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

rushmc

It then is also a lie stating this is about womens rights

Cause it is not

You're all talking past each other.

It's BOTH.

It IS about a woman's legal right to choose what the fuck to do with her own body without a traditionally male-dominated society dictating otherwise.

It IS, at least past a certain stage of gestation (which, technologically, will always be a moving target), about the fact that a human life-in-being, which had no say in the fact or circumstances of his/her conception exists inside that woman's body.

Each side tries to deny the other fact, and that is intellectual dishonesty on the part of both sides.

I'm sorry this makes people uncomfortable, but: factually, it's BOTH.

Andy9o8

***It then is also a lie stating this is about womens rights

Cause it is not

You're all talking past each other.

It's BOTH.

It IS about a woman's legal right to choose what the fuck to do with her own body without a traditionally male-dominated society dictating otherwise.

It IS, at least past a certain stage of gestation (which, technologically, will always be a moving target), about the fact that a human life-in-being, which had no say in the fact or circumstances of his/her conception exists inside that woman's body.

Each side tries to deny the other fact, and that is intellectual dishonesty on the part of both sides.

I'm sorry this makes people uncomfortable, but: factually, it's BOTH.

I can go with this
This argument as least includes the life of an unborn
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

wmw999

The current rules are designed to impede access to abortion, and not to improve the health of the women. Anyone who says otherwise is disingenuous or just plain lying.

Wendy P.

+1

Once again we see who the bigots are on here. This time it's anti-woman. 2 weeks ago it was anti-gay.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

rushmc

[

Why do you think you know better than the woman what that is in her case?

Unbelievable Arrogance! (Well, not really, it's just your lame excuse for your busibodying into the reproductive organs of women)

turtlespeed

I'm not. But I do have a belief system that is important to me. I will not intentionally pay for the killing of a life that has just started living.

But you're perfectly happy supporting a military that bombs civilians.

turtlespeed

How would it make you feel knowing that your money goes toward abortions everyday?

I've had a donation to Planned Parenthood withdrawn from every paycheck I've earned in the last 7 years. I think it's safe to say that I'm fine with supporting women's right to make their own medical decisions.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

kallend

But you're perfectly happy supporting a military that bombs civilians.

The key word here is Intentionally.

I have never heard of a baby human being aborted defined as collateral damage.

I don't believe that killing a baby is likely to do anything toward protecting our troops as they do the Presidents bidding over seas.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

OK. An abortion is collateral damage to the woman's right to choose whether to carry the pregnancy forward.

Is that better :|

As far as the access to cheap labor, there aren't enough jobs for the current cheap labor that we have -- that's why welfare is a large problem. How is it supposed to get better?

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

kallend

***You calling someone else a busybody is the funniest juxtaposition ever

You need a new dictionary. The one you're using has some incorrect definitions.It also spells words strangely.

Don

>You need a new dictionary. The one you're using has some incorrect definitions.

To him that's a feature, not a bug. Why argue about riots, for example, when you can just change the definition of "riot" and win the argument that way?

Gravitymaster

***>You need a new dictionary. The one you're using has some incorrect definitions.

To him that's a feature, not a bug. Why argue about riots, for example, when you can just change the definition of "riot" and win the argument that way?

He learned it from you.

Maybe not leanered it but, I learned to apply things differently

But the application of used exampled what my point very well
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln