ryoder

"Thar He Blows: Trump Tussles With Scots Over Wind Turbines"

Just another blowhard asshole who doesn't want them where he can see them. No different than the Cape Wind Project in Mass. Public or Private, right or left, it's a bunch of rich assholes (some hypocrites) screaming "NIMBY!"
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I'm not really rich, but I don't want them in my neighborhood either. You want to put one up to run your own home and/or business facility, that's one thing, but to run them commercially to power hundreds of homes, that's an industrial usage, and should be on industrially-zoned property.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

They will be a mile and a half out to sea.

Very little sympathy for trump for a couple of reasons.

1. He's an idiot.
2. as someone else said, he's basically just a nimby, which is especially ironic given he doesn't even live there. I have wind turbines about as far away from me as is being proposed here, and you basically don't even see them, let alone hear them.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Shouldn't have any effect. There's only one distillery nearby, Glen Garioch, (many in the area, but not close) and no significant growth or preproduction activities in the area. The spoiled fuckwits visiting trump's course may drive up the douchebaggery at the Aberdeen whisky festival, but it's worth braving the crowds for the tastings.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Stumpy

They will be a mile and a half out to sea.

1. He's an idiot.
2. as someone else said, he's basically just a nimby, which is especially ironic given he doesn't even live there. I have wind turbines about as far away from me as is being proposed here, and you basically don't even see them, let alone hear them.

. . . and you are so much more intelligent and show that by your success that out shines the Don, right?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***They will be a mile and a half out to sea.

1. He's an idiot.

. . . and you are so much more intelligent and show that by your success that out shines the Don, right?

Successful =! not an idiot

HTH

turtlespeed

***They will be a mile and a half out to sea.

1. He's an idiot.

They're measuring intelligence by money in the bank now?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

******They will be a mile and a half out to sea.

1. He's an idiot.

They're measuring intelligence by money in the bank now?

Seems pretty simple to me. If you were intelligent enough to ridicule him, it seems you would be intelligent enough to compete financially with him.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

Seems pretty simple to me. If you were intelligent enough to ridicule him, it seems you would be intelligent enough to compete financially with him.

How much intelligence does it take to be born into a very, very rich family?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

How much intelligence does it take to be born into a very, very rich family?

What percentage has he increased his wealth and holdings compared to those of you that are claiming he's an idiot?

> If you were intelligent enough to ridicule him, it seems you would be intelligent enough
>to compete financially with him.

By those standards John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are a LOT smarter than you are.

And you thought you were intelligent enough to ridicule them . . ..

turtlespeed

It is deeply, deeply sad that you would assume material wealth is the only thing that an intellect should be used to gain.

I hope that's not how you really think, and that your view of the world is not that shallow.

jakee

***Seems pretty simple to me. If you were intelligent enough to ridicule him, it seems you would be intelligent enough to compete financially with him.

It is deeply, deeply sad that you would assume material wealth is the only thing that an intellect should be used to gain.

I hope that's not how you really think, and that your view of the world is not that shallow.

In other words you aren't qualified to pass judgement.

Gotcha.

jakee

***Seems pretty simple to me. If you were intelligent enough to ridicule him, it seems you would be intelligent enough to compete financially with him.

I don't think he said it's the only thing. But I'll bet donald trump would laugh at you and others, just as much as you and they seem to despise him, and he would be at least just as justified in that.

as far as I'm concerned he has as much if not more right to fight these wind turbines as anyone else has to support them.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to see your latest tax filing before I can give your argument any credibility:|

(I'm really not one of those who think the modern world is going to hell in a handbasket, but if I was looking for an example of the warped sense of priorities in todays society I'd probably use this thread.)

I don't think he said it's the only thing.

Then he should recognise wealth is not the measure of intellect. But he doesn't.

But I'll bet donald trump would laugh at you and others,

About what?

just as much as you and they seem to despise him,

I do? Did I say that?

and he would be at least just as justified in that.

In what? This has all been very vague.

as far as I'm concerned he has as much if not more right to fight these wind turbines as anyone else has to support them.

Yeah? It's my country, he's just visiting to play a game.

And investing millions of pounds - but then, if you don't need the economic activity, feel free to buy him out...

skypuppy

And investing millions of pounds - but then, if you don't need the economic activity, feel free to buy him out...

I probably have an awful lot more invested in the US than most people here. Does that make my opinion more relevant?

ETA - quoting functionality seems broken.

skypuppy

And that gives him more right to make him opinions heard than someone who doesn't have millions of pounds*?

And what about the economic activity involved in the wind farm? The investment in Scottish energy companies isn't important?

* In reality, yes. Money does buys influence. But the right, democratically and morally?

jakee

And that gives him more right to make him opinions heard than someone who doesn't have millions of pounds*?

And what about the economic activity involved in the wind farm? The investment in Scottish energy companies isn't important?

* In reality, yes. Money does buys influence. But the right, democratically and morally?

investment in wind power actually costs jobs to the economy, since the number of jobs created are very small, heavily toward the 3 year construction phase, and the increased costs of power cause businesses to close or move to cheaper power jurisdictions.

Trumps resort would increase jobs in construction, maintenance and tourism for a much longer period than the supposed wind farm would.

So the economic investment in wind farms is not really that meaningful.