Kennedy

Tango #2 is Down

Yep, in custody and alive is infinitely better than dead. Maybe, just maybe, he'll share why the heck they did what they did.

Wendy P.

Charlie Manson said the devil made him do it. This 19 yr old blew people up. Who cares why. And why better alive than dead. He certainly didn't give his victims any choice. In fact, they were planning on even more killing but plan got interrupted due to being spotted. It was good Feds got him, as if MA got him he'd only get life. MA doesn't have state death penalty for murder, only life without parole.

First, take your hate and bloodlust and shove it. I don't like yours any better than his. Second, his motivations are important because you need to know your enemy. Dismissing his motivation is doing your security a disservice. Third, alive there is a chance he will answer questions which could lead to other involved parties or information that will help predict or prevent other bombers. Fourth, you have no idea whatsoever what they were planning. I'm really freaking sick of you just making shit up. Fifth, it's still possible he will only get life. Sixth, don't act like it was a race to see who would catch him; state, local, and federal agencies were working together to catch him, and I'm sure they discussed in advance who would take him once he was caught. Seventh, do you wonder why it is that people here would be happier if you would just go away? Does that ever impact your train of thought?

The perp was previously investigated by authorities as a terrorist potential, then the investigation was ended. The authorities used videos to attempt to learn who did this, instead of just checking records of people who lived in Boston who had been investigated. If I'm angry, I'm angry at our government for not keeping eyes on these guys to prevent them from doing what they did do.

But I'm concerned about people such as yourself who seem this guy is just a nice little kid who ran astray. What is up with that?

The perp was previously investigated by authorities as a terrorist potential, then the investigation was ended. The authorities used videos to attempt to learn who did this, instead of just checking records of people who lived in Boston who had been investigated. If I'm angry, I'm angry at our government for not keeping eyes on these guys to prevent them from doing what they did do.

OK, he found a nut there: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2311953/FBI-interviewed-Boston-Marathon-bombing-suspect-Tamerlan-Tsarnaev-26-possible-extremist-ties-years-ago-incriminating-information.html

Something else I learned today is that Tamerlan also had a wife and kid, (but she lived with her family): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/19/tamerlan-tsarnaev-wife-family_n_3119679.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Yep, in custody and alive is infinitely better than dead. Maybe, just maybe, he'll share why the heck they did what they did.

Wendy P.

Charlie Manson said the devil made him do it. This 19 yr old blew people up. Who cares why. And why better alive than dead. He certainly didn't give his victims any choice. In fact, they were planning on even more killing but plan got interrupted due to being spotted. It was good Feds got him, as if MA got him he'd only get life. MA doesn't have state death penalty for murder, only life without parole.

First, take your hate and bloodlust and shove it. I don't like yours any better than his. Second, his motivations are important because you need to know your enemy. Dismissing his motivation is doing your security a disservice. Third, alive there is a chance he will answer questions which could lead to other involved parties or information that will help predict or prevent other bombers. Fourth, you have no idea whatsoever what they were planning. I'm really freaking sick of you just making shit up. Fifth, it's still possible he will only get life. Sixth, don't act like it was a race to see who would catch him; state, local, and federal agencies were working together to catch him, and I'm sure they discussed in advance who would take him once he was caught. Seventh, do you wonder why it is that people here would be happier if you would just go away? Does that ever impact your train of thought?

Manson was a life-long criminal, in alcatraz for a spell long before he got out to lead the cult. One of his mentors in alcatraz was Alvin Karpis of the Ma Barker gang.

I think right now it's pretty clear why this happened. Other cases have shown jihadists can be formed in less than a year from disaffected -- we just had a group here in canada, fresh out of high school, two of whom wound up dead in those gasfield in africa and one in jail for terrorism.

It's typical that as they transform to radicals they drop out of other relationships they'd formed, so it's not unusual that people who went to high school with them, or distant family members, wouldn't remember them being particularly religious...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

The canadian-resident aunt of the perps stated that the older brother had married into a Christian family yesterday when denying his links to jihad, however other media here were reporting she had converted to islam herself...

OK, he found a nut there: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2311953/FBI-interviewed-Boston-Marathon-bombing-suspect-Tamerlan-Tsarnaev-26-possible-extremist-ties-years-ago-incriminating-information.html

Something else I learned today is that Tamerlan also had a wife and kid, (but she lived with her family): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/19/tamerlan-tsarnaev-wife-family_n_3119679.html

If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.

I just want to say my hat's off to all the LEO involved in this since the bombings (and maybe, before).

I've been glued to the arfcom site since it was referenced, here a couple of days ago, and to the police scanner shortly after.

Amazing job, Blue!

I thought it a bit of overkill, but maybe locking everyone into their homes resulted in no civilians shot up the way they were in dorner's pursuit.

I just want to say my hat's off to all the LEO involved in this since the bombings (and maybe, before).

I've been glued to the arfcom site since it was referenced, here a couple of days ago, and to the police scanner shortly after.

Amazing job, Blue!

I thought it a bit of overkill, but maybe locking everyone into their homes resulted in no civilians shot up the way they were in dorner's pursuit.

However, they were about to give up and had lifted the curfew. The homeowner then went outside to inspect his property. That's the main reason he was discovered in the boat. I wonder if he would have escaped if the curfew had been continued?

[to Kennedy:] But I'm concerned about people such as yourself who seem this guy is just a nice little kid who ran astray. What is up with that?

As I told you (in response to your asking me) in another thread just a few days ago, this is exactly the kind of trolling - deliberately getting personal with (and misrepresenting) someone, not just to misdirect the subject, but to provoke them to an angry or defensive response - that really, really, really makes practically every single person here utterly sick of your shit.

You apparently haven't even made a single skydive, yet here you are. (That's the truth, I promi5e!). And you have just come off a banning for your chronic, deliberate misbehavior. When are you going to get the message?

My wife showed me this pic on her phone last night. If it IS of the subject, and not some mis-appropriated pic, it's very interesting to me. Specifically, the blue thing in the hands of the guy at his head is a King Airway. Without going into too much medical-speak, it's used to maintain a patient's airway when they aren't able to do it themselves and when they have no gag reflex. SO, to the first order of approximation, at the time this picture is taken, that dude is closer to dead than he is alive.

Elvisio "King airways are sweet" Rodriguez

What was the situation with the teams doing "door to door" searches? I've heard mention of teams clearing homes room by room. Were the teams just knocking on doors and "hey is everything OK?" and moving on unless the home owner wanted their place checked out? Or was it really a "we're coming in and you can't say no" kind of thing?

Elvisio "coming back to the high points" Rodriguez

There is a picture of someone (looks to me like the suspect) climbing out of the boat under his own power. Also, the suspect was definitely alive enough to try to poke through the boat wrap liner. I'm fairly sure he was injured in the shootout before the big perimeter, and I'm guessing he caught at least one round in the flurry of shots when he was found. The Feds on site were not going to let the die once he came out alive.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

What was the situation with the teams doing "door to door" searches? I've heard mention of teams clearing homes room by room. Were the teams just knocking on doors and "hey is everything OK?" and moving on unless the home owner wanted their place checked out? Or was it really a "we're coming in and you can't say no" kind of thing?

I've wondered about that, too. I don't know the way it actually went down, but legally I think there's a pretty fair argument that the immediate exigency of the situation probably made either consent or a warrant unnecessary, at least w/i a certain perimeter, for a certain time period. Obviously some grey area there.

Andy "eh, what do I know?" 9o8

this is where i would normally point out that the boat was spotted because of a tear in the cover and some bloodstains around it to point out that he must have been wounded during the shootout the night before, but due to all the other misinformation, i am leaving it at speculation.
http://kitswv.com

what I've been wondering is if they were searching homes, did they confiscate legally owned weapons from the owners like in New Orleans>? what if you had a gun in your hand when you opened the door?

this is where i would normally point out that the boat was spotted because of a tear in the cover and some bloodstains around it to point out that he must have been wounded during the shootout the night before, but due to all the other misinformation, i am leaving it at speculation.

IIRC, the owner noticed the shed door open, found the blood, and called LE..
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Hi 912,

And it is a local company that makes those cameras.

http://www.flir.com/US/

We might be the 3rd most liberal state in the union but we can still do our part.

:P

JerryBaumchen

Cool. I used one of their cameras to look at hot bearings on a nuke waste pump in a hot cell at Hanford. One shot deal. The camera was radwaste due to contamination when we got done.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

FLIR isn't the only manufacturer. Draeger, MSA, and other good ones are out there, as well as a bunch of junk. I used MSA with a local volunteer fire dept, and it was high quality. I also used Samsung junk with a pelco system (admittedly years ago) that made me think only DOD had anything worth having. It seems like NV gear advanced faster than IR, though I don't have the back ground to know why.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*