ianmdrennan

Shooting - MIT, details still coming

Reports are that the first person taken into custody is deceased at the hospital, and that it was black hat suspect from marathon bombing. Reports only ATM.

EOD is continuing to detonate anything and everything that looks remotely out of place. Video all over.

Well, that's ridiculous because I saw footage of the naked suspect very much alive handcuffed and being put into a squad car. They had stripped him to ensure he didn't have any sort of grenades or detonators on him. The footage ran on CNN. And it was trustworthy.

I saw that too, on foxnews and another channel. (I'm a horrible channel flipper, never watch just one thing). But later there were reports of suspect being in an ambulance. Dunno.

...Yep, right this second news channels are reporting that PD representatives are telling them the suspect in custody is deceased.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I've been saying that since the "he's in custody, no he isn't" with the Saudi at the hospital and the reports of PMCs on scene before a the blast at the finish line.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

press conference occurring now on local news, they confirmed that suspect 1 (black hat dude) was shot during the vehicle chase and was apprehended, but they didn't say he was dead. Suspect 2 (white hat dude) is still at large, tactical teams are searching a neighborhood in Watertown, Mass,

Telling folks to stay in their homes and cars, call 911 if they see anything/anyone that isn't a cop.

Police kind of dodged the question when asked if suspect 1 was dead or not
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Makes sense (in teh fucked up way the world is going tonight).
Explains the ambulance story and deceased suspect.

They just held a presser. Nothing useful. But they also just released a picture of #2 in a grey hoodie, maybe from tonight at the aforementioned gas station (site of auto theft/car jacking)

Yeah, this is the marathon bombers. One dead, one at large, hopefully inside a SERIOUS perimeter.

I'm out.
witty subliminal message
1*

NPR just had the Mass Governor's statement live.

1 suspect dead, one at large. Both are the suspects who's pics were released. They are brothers, 19 and 20. Both Chechen nationals in the US legally. The naked guy is a "suspected accomplice" who is in custody but not yet named.

1 cop dead.

The suspect is not inside of any perimeter, and the entire city of Boston and all it's suburbs are under a "shelter in place" order.

Holy Fuck!
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

NPR just had the Mass Governor's statement live.

1 suspect dead, one at large. Both are the suspects who's pics were released. They are brothers, 19 and 20. Both Chechen nationals in the US legally. The naked guy is a "suspected accomplice" who is in custody but not yet named.

1 cop dead.

The suspect is not inside of any perimeter, and the entire city of Boston and all it's suburbs are under a "shelter in place" order.

Holy Fuck![/reply

Well, it's beginning to appear they are not Right Wing American born extremist. Islamist, very possible. MSNBC must be pissed with this news, as it goes against all their hopes of a white American.

Well, at least they can rest easy it wasn't an illegal Mexican.

But the main stream media is totally crestfallen as the bombers were not middle aged white tea party activists
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

???

Really, you guys are pathetic. The media has been filled with speculation (equally pathetic, but I guess a product of a 24 hr news cycle. When all has been said, start wildly guessing).

Me, I don't give 2 shits who did it - as long as they capture them and bring them to justice (not gonna happen for at least 1 person now).

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Neither do I

There are dozens more examples out there

but you cant make this stuff up

NPR: Hitler's Birthday Might Have Motivated Right to Bomb Boston Marathon

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/04/18/NPR-Hitlers-Birthday-Might-Have-Motivated-Right-to-Commit-Marathon-Bombing

Salon.com: Americans Should Hope The Boston Bomber Is A White Domestic Terrorist

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/04/16/Salon-com-Americans-Should-Hope-The-Boston-Bomber-Is-A-White-Domestic-Terrorist
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Actually, you did.

You guys are being no better than the people you're complaining about. Who cares if the media outlets hurt your feelings. They do stupid stuff all the time, but making comments like "they must be crestfalling if 'x' is untrue" is no better than their wild speculation.

You're as much a part of the problem as they are. The difference is you can actually fix it - they're always going to be a sensationalism (not necessarily fact) driven outlet.

Ian

Well Ian, it's good to know you don't have the same values as those reporting the news from MSNBC. Just an observation of a segment of people with a political point of view were willing and hoping for a completely different out come. Damn those Islamist for screwing up the narrative.

No doubt, our media is in a total shambles (a whole other discussion on that topic I could go on for days :)
It just really gets under my skin when people are more concerned with their political agenda, 'saving face', whatever instead of nailing this assholes regardless of their motivation. Turning this into a game of "I told you so", "neener neener, it was him" distracts from the real issues.

Apparently this particular situation has me a little more riled up than usual :)

Then please explain what you think the point is. The "you don't know what I'm thinking" game is kind of stupid.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)