rushmc

A Bery Big Difference?

Obama

Obama: "Unimaginable" That Congress Would "Defy" Americans And Not Pass Gun Control

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/04/16/obama_unimaginable_that_congress_would_defy_americans_and_not_pass_gun_control.html

Defy what???
Defy who???

Gallup: Only 4% of Americans Think Gun Control is an Important Problem

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/gallup-only-4-americans-think-gun-control-important-problem

I guess a good crisis is slipping away so truth be damned
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Majorities favor all kinds of things. It's why there is a republican form of Government and a Constitution that limits what the majority can get the government to do.

and how does that invalidate my response to rushmc?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Majorities favor all kinds of things. It's why there is a republican form of Government and a Constitution that limits what the majority can get the government to do.

and how does that invalidate my response to rushmc?

mainly because liberals are not allowed to quote "Faux News..."

Since that is where your source came from, it's obviously wrong...;)B|
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

>"Unimaginable" That congress would "Defy" Americans and not pass gun control.
>Defy what?
>Defy who?

I do not know what it's like in other parts of the country,but where I am, very,very,very few people feel the need for more gun legislation,but would rather see better enforcement of the present laws.
The very,very,very few who are in favor of more gun control do however make the most noise it seems,and will use insults against anyone who disagrees with their views,and will also twist words, and use them out of context as well.

>"Unimaginable" That congress would "Defy" Americans and not pass gun control.
>Defy what?
>Defy who?

I do not know what it's like in other parts of the country,but where I am, very,very,very few people feel the need for more gun legislation,but would rather see better enforcement of the present laws.
The very,very,very few who are in favor of more gun control do however make the most noise it seems,and will use insults against anyone who disagrees with their views,and will also twist words, and use them out of context as well.

I agree

But Obama seem to think he knows otherwise
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>The very,very,very few who are in favor of more gun control do however make the most noise

Most Americans support more gun control. Gun nuts make the most noise. Most people don't make much noise - they just don't care all that much,

>Saying this does not make it true.

:D:D:D you use a liberal minded news source like CNN as an example of objective reporting:D:D
Thats like saying fox news will give objective reporting embracing both conservative and liberal views:D:D:D
Just because the news reports it,doesn't mean it's completely true.
It's like showing photo's of Trayvon Martin when he was 10 years old and insinuating that he was just a cute little skinny black child and model student that was shot by a big bad evil racist,when in fact Trayvon was 6'2" and 215 pounds with a history of criminal behavior,and Zimmerman is not what I would call a big bad racist.
Just one example of twisted facts spewed forth from the media.

>Are you making insulting insinuations that I might be a nut,because I disagree with you?

No. Gun nuts make a lot of noise. So do their extremist counterparts, gun banners. The vast majority of Americans don't care as much.

>Were you yelling with your keyboard when you typed at me?

??

>Saying this does not make it true.

:D:D:D you use a liberal minded news source like CNN as an example of objective reporting:D:D
Thats like saying fox news will give objective reporting embracing both conservative and liberal views:D:D:D
Just because the news reports it,doesn't mean it's completely true..

:S

Gallup poll. That neutral enough for you?
91% want background checks.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/160085/americans-back-obama-proposals-address-gun-violence.aspx

The only polls I believe are polls run by big business trying to find ways to make more money off of the masses.
Like fast food consumer polls,or polls from producers of soft drinks,ect...
When it comes to making money you need the truth about what will sell.
Otherwise it might just be propoganda to get more sheep to follow the rest of the herd and drink some crappy koolaid.

The only polls I believe are polls run by big business trying to find ways to make more money off of the masses.
Like fast food consumer polls,or polls from producers of soft drinks,ect...
When it comes to making money you need the truth about what will sell.

OK, so cutting thru all the blather, you summarily dismiss the Gallup Poll. Got it.

>You got that right,they are more worried about dancing with the
>stars,survivor,and other unreality reality television.

Yep. Or getting a job, or paying their rent, or getting through the week. Political activism is for people with a lot of time on their hands.

I am distrustful of any entity that tries to tell us what we all think.
I do not know one person personally who has been polled by the way.
They use these polls all the time as a political lever to try and sway the trends.

That kind of thinking is paranoid and irrational.