skinnay

GOD Cured HIV Yesterday

Thank you religious people for your prayers, it is the only way society can achieve miracles like this.

http://i.imgur.com/eAtWzk2.png

What?

Sarcasm. Doctors apparently cured a baby that was born with HIV. They can praise God all they want, but this was the work of doctors and researchers.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Sarcasm. Doctors apparently cured a baby that was born with HIV. They can praise God all they want, but this was the work of doctors and researchers.

Who's skills came from God
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Nonsense. By that logic god is responsible for lazy people too.

God lets people make their own choices. All are what they need.
Abraham Lincoln

So wait, God is responsible when something good happens, but when it's something bad then 'oh, it's a choice thing' :S

Silly.

I understand that people tied to religion are going to make circular logic arguments to justify things - but sometimes I'm astounded at the inability to see faulty logic for what it is (note: not saying being religious is faulty logic, but rather that some of the logic used to justify things is).

Still - if you want to believe that, go right ahead. I'm going to give credit where it's due, and that's the hard working scientists/doctors/etc

Performance Designs Factory Team

So wait, God is responsible when something good happens, but when it's something bad then 'oh, it's a choice thing' :S

Silly.

I understand that people tied to religion are going to make circular logic arguments to justify things - but sometimes I'm astounded at the inability to see faulty logic for what it is (note: not saying being religious is faulty logic, but rather that some of the logic used to justify things is).

Still - if you want to believe that, go right ahead. I'm going to give credit where it's due, and that's the hard working scientists/doctors/etc

I am not saying what I think one way or the other

I am just enjoying the reactions that I knew would and are coming from the article

People CANT let that stand

You it seems, are in that crowd
Abraham Lincoln

Yes you are. Your statements cannot be read any other way than you believe God is the reason this cure exists. That or you're trolling.

As for your good old "I'm rubber and you're glue" argument...Man up buddy. Own your beliefs, it's OK if not everyone shares them.
Performance Designs Factory Team

Yes you are. Your statements cannot be read any other way than you believe God is the reason this cure exists. That or you're trolling.

As for your good old "I'm rubber and you're glue" argument...Man up buddy. Own your beliefs, it's OK if not everyone shares them.

I lean that way but I am not that into it

But here is what I really believe

Those who say there is no God are practicing a religion just as much as those say there is a God

If not true, you would not feel compelled to respond

Can’t let it stand you see

And you supported my beliefs

And your post to me was very childish
Abraham Lincoln

I think this line from Evan Almighty pretty much explains it:

"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"

It's a state of mind. You can choose to believe in God and strive to do all that you are capable, but only if you take the opportunities. Even then, plenty of people have been very successful without making God be a part of their psyche.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

God also created HIV then. So loving of him.

He also caused the great flood that the ark was built for, rained fire on the city of Sodom, caused the 6 or 7 plagues on Egypt to help free the slaves. Just off my memory of the bible stories. So?

Another post that demonstrates the point I am making
Abraham Lincoln

>And your post to me was very childish

God made him post it

:D:D

From what I have leaned

Everything is a choice
Abraham Lincoln

It's a state of mind. You can choose to believe in God and strive to do all that you are capable, but only if you take the opportunities. Even then, plenty of people have been very successful without making God be a part of their psyche.

It's kinda funny ~ wife & I have been really getting into astronomy & the cosmos etc. for the past year and a half. We're reading books, going to lectures, visiting observatories...It's pretty fascinating set-up this whole universe thingie.

The spousal unit, who believes in God but isn't a religious fanatic by any stretch - thinks because of the vastness, the complexity, the billion trillion to one shot that 'we' particles of self-aware star dust have made it 'this far' ...means there has to be a higher power giving guidance to a plan.

I never have bought into the whole fisherman's dad had a week off & made 'everything' so we could sing praise & throw money.

In fact I'm the guy quoted as sayin' 'Hey buddy cross your feet, we're about outta nails'. :)

The more I learn of the universe's creation the more I'm convinced some really smart guys made up the whole 'God' story as a way to keep the 'unwashed masses' of society in line at a time of few laws, little mass communication & slow travel times.

Respect yer folks, quit takin shit that's not yours, nailin' the next-door buddy's bimbo is out, Killin' ain't cool...all common sense stuff that peppered up with 'or you will burn in hell forever' was probably a good idea at the time!

So yeah I agree with your post Billy - we believe what we believe & make what we see around us, fit into & justify THAT belief.

THAT's the REAL truth...'so help me God!' ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Well said. My view is God, religion, etc... was created by the powerful to control the weak (or weak minded) and it has exploded from there.

I always joke about the "old bearded man in the sky"
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

I am so glad to be a Jedi - don't have to bother with all the burn in hell crap. The universe encompasses both good and evil and each individual makes a choice whether to do what is morally right or succumb to the baser urges and follow the path that leads to the Dark side.
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

I am so glad to be a Jedi - don't have to bother with all the burn in hell crap. The universe encompasses both good and evil and each individual makes a choice whether to do what is morally right or succumb to the baser urges and follow the path that leads to the Dark side.

:D Nice analogy.