brenthutch

Evil Green

Today green policies are pushing hundreds of thousands into fuel poverty. Mostly only the relatively rich can afford to buy electric cars, private wind turbines or solar panels. Yet they have no compunction in claiming tax breaks and public grants – paid for by society’s poorest through their energy bills. How many pious green moralists grasp who is being burdened to pay for their ‘quaint’ life accessories? Such is the moral wickedness inherent in bureaucratic green policies that underwrite this modern day ‘Robin-Hood-in-reverse’ arrangement.

Thank god the gas/oil energy companies have everyone's best interests at heart to offset this travesty :)

Third post and we are to evil companies

Well, solar and wind are companies too
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Today green policies are pushing hundreds of thousands into fuel poverty.

I've heard! People are being forced to buy slightly more efficient vehicles. This holocaust is driving hundreds of thousands into fuel poverty; they can no longer buy massive quantities of gasoline at one time to fill their equally large gas tanks. Well, then can, but they don't because it doesn't fit in the tank. But it's just like Hitler.

>Mostly only the relatively rich can afford to buy electric cars, private wind turbines or
>solar panels.

And the poor buy the smaller, more fuel efficient cars made necessary by CAFE - which are now cheaper due to how CAFE works. Why do you hate the poor? Why o why do you want to crucify a mother of 4 trying to make ends meet by ramming your greedy wasteful vehicle costs down her throat?

Today green policies are pushing hundreds of thousands into fuel poverty. Mostly only the relatively rich can afford to buy electric cars, private wind turbines or solar panels. Yet they have no compunction in claiming tax breaks and public grants – paid for by society’s poorest through their energy bills. How many pious green moralists grasp who is being burdened to pay for their ‘quaint’ life accessories? Such is the moral wickedness inherent in bureaucratic green policies that underwrite this modern day ‘Robin-Hood-in-reverse’ arrangement.

I'd again generalize this to the whole problem with incentives and tax breaks as a means to try to force social behavior.

It's a zero sum game, and until we are able effectively cut SPENDING, any so called "break" or grant just means someone else has to pay for those services that the smug Prius driver just avoided paying for (or the rich guy that installed solar panels, or that bank you want to keep open, or that poor guy you want to help buy a house, etc etc etc.)

In the long run, it just drives UP the cost and delays the onset of affordability of those very things that the government is pretending to 'encourage'. ((though we all know it's just a show to garner votes from the fanatics and slow witted))

government is like golf - aim left and the ball curves right; aim right and it curves left; relax and don't force it and things work out sooner

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

> Why o why do you want to crucify a mother of 4 trying to make ends meet by ramming your greedy wasteful vehicle costs down her throat?

absolutely, her plight is already bad enough since she had to subsidize her neighbor's Prius and solar panels.

(nice though, you could write for the DNC - same message, same attitude, same open mindedness)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>absolutely, her plight is already bad enough since she had to subsidize her neighbor's
>Prius and solar panels.

Good thing her car is so efficient.

and she can bury the batteries in her back yard when they burn out

And the poor buy the smaller, more fuel efficient cars made necessary by CAFE - which are now cheaper due to how CAFE works. Why do you hate the poor? Why o why do you want to crucify a mother of 4 trying to make ends meet by ramming your greedy wasteful vehicle costs down her throat?

the poor buy the used 10 year old fuel inefficient cars because that's what they can afford.

we're sorry your so out of touch with your solar plant on your roof and your positive cashflow.
--
Rob

>the poor buy the used 10 year old fuel inefficient cars because that's what they can afford.

They did 20 years ago. Now they are buying the 10 year old fuel efficient cars, because under CAFE, they're the cheapest.

>we're sorry your so out of touch with your solar plant on your roof and your positive cashflow.

I'm sorry you were ignorant about what CAFE meant. Google is your friend.

>the poor buy the used 10 year old fuel inefficient cars because that's what they can afford.

They did 20 years ago. Now they are buying the 10 year old fuel efficient cars, because under CAFE, they're the cheapest.

>we're sorry your so out of touch with your solar plant on your roof and your positive cashflow.

did you just call me ignorant?

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1155892

While I don't take the use of the word "ignorant" as a personal attack, you, as a moderator of this forum, have codified the use of that was to indicate a personal attack.

Thank you for the perfect example.

I expect you'll be giving yourself a 2 week break now?
--
Rob

>did you just call me ignorant?

No more so than you called me out of touch.

If you think that CAFE increases prices for cheap cruddy cars then that is an ignorant position to post. I am aware that you may well not believe that, and are just posting to piss people off; that's a common trick around here.

I am ignorant about the policies and processes behind CAFE. I didn't google it.

I post sometimes to piss people off. That makes me a troll. Calling someone else a troll has been defeined as a PA. As has calling someone ignorant.

The point of my post was not to piss anyone off, but to point out the idiocy of the PA rules here when they are codified in a specific manner.

People know what personal attack is. You don't have to codify what it is.

I got a 2 week break for using a term meaning "a state of being uninformed" -- ignorance. As a moderator, it's ok to ignore your own rules about what a PA is.

Just pointing out that there is more than a double standard here. Those disagreeing with moderators, those agreeing with moderators, and moderators. All have a variable (approaching zero) enforcement of forum rules.

This post will be deleted as it is about to be determined as complaining about moderator action and such posts can be deleted without notice or justification.
--
Rob

You are right. Your post was ignorant but that doesn't mean that you are ignorant - and although it was clearly meant to be an personal attack against me that doesn't give me the right to make such an attack on you. My apologies.

"Needless to say, these cars are not for everybody. The Kelley Blue Book 2012 list of the top 10 vehicles with the lowest cost of ownership includes just one compact, the Hyundai Elantra: the nine others are subcompacts.

The cars are marketed largely for young people and, with most of them, "for anyone with pets or kids, it's tough to cram in," KBB analyst Alec Gutierrez says"

Yes Google is my friend, but apparently not yours. :)
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/10-cheapest-cars-for-2012.html

>Today green policies are pushing hundreds of thousands into fuel poverty.

I've heard! People are being forced to buy slightly more efficient vehicles. This holocaust is driving hundreds of thousands into fuel poverty; they can no longer buy massive quantities of gasoline at one time to fill their equally large gas tanks. Well, then can, but they don't because it doesn't fit in the tank. But it's just like Hitler.

>Mostly only the relatively rich can afford to buy electric cars, private wind turbines or
>solar panels.

What's a women having 4, 5, 6, 7 kids when she can't afford 1. No one forces anything down her throat that she doesn't bring upon herself. So how often do you give her a few hundred to help her out while you're telling us we should help her.

Phooey.