toolbox

If Biden feels the double barel shotgun is the best weapon for defense,then why doesn't the secret sevice carry them?

If you would have asked me a couple years back, on what the best home defense weapon is, I'd have picked a shotgun. After shooting a pistol a lot recently, I'd rather have that.

Don't get me wrong, a shotgun is still a good choice, but we all have our druthers.

Most home, shootouts are up close and personal. A pistol would be better for that, in my mind. You can hold your pistol out in a supported position or you can shoot with it up close to your body.

With a long gun, I feel it could be swatted to one side or even be taken away from you if someone is up close.

A shotgun with buckshot, would definitely stop an attacker more quickly than a pistol. It might take multiple hits from a pistol to do that. With birdshot there would be less chance of shooting through walls. It's easier to point and shoot a long gun. So, there are pluses to a shotgun too.

I'd never trust something like rock salt for home defense. It isn't much of a fight stopper. It might just make someone madder than they already are.

If I have a Meth-head in my house, someone who has every intention of killing me, or my family, I want something that is going to put them down. The racking sound of a shotgun may have little effect on someone who is out of their head on drugs.

One more draw back of a shotgun is that it may not have the big pattern that everyone wants a shotgun for. If a perp. is up close, it may have no bigger pattern than a rifle.

So, these are all things that need to be considered.

I do have a short barrelled 870 in my closet. I plan to attach some slugs to the outside of it. Since it has sights I could shoot out to a hundred yards if need be. No, my house isn't that big, but it might be good to have, if the fight went outside, and a longer shot was needed. Buck shot, or bird shot isn't worth much at longer ranges. A slug would also penetrate a heavy baricade if needed.

When the Zombies attack, I'm going to be ready.

The moral to the story is this. There is always going to be people who think they know all the answers. Many of these people are college professors and media magnates like George Soros. These people are so arrogant they don't care about people...they just want to control them. Like many in the past have indicated...Gun Control isnt about guns...its about CONTROL.

The moral to the story is this. There is always going to be people who think they know all the answers. Many of these people are college professors and media magnates like George Soros

And others are conservative or religious types -- that's another quality that pretty much cuts across the board.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I know it's his fault, but can we just stop mentioning Biden and Shotgun in the same thread??? I've been drooling over the dude for the last four or five years now - yes it's some sort of mental derangement that I can't explain - but this is just unnecessary torture.

:P

I have almost identical reasons for my preference of a pistol over a shotgun.
The close quarters reason is the main one,and being able to quickly draw and shoot a pistol from the hip is actually a technique that firearms instructors teach to both both private citizens and LE.
It really pisses me off when idiot politicians and professors with little to no experience,or real knowledge of the subject, tell people what is best for them.

In reply to post #84,I can't speak for Shotgun,but thinking about Biden,Fienstien, Pelosi,Obama,and all the other hard left idiots trying to drive the nanny state down our throats,makes me more prone to drinking to much which also make me prone to drooling in my beer.
I also find myself wanting to drink two litre bottles of soda and smoke heavily.
The funny thing is that I do not like smoking or heavy sugar beverages,but feel like I should get as much of them as I can before the nanny state outlaws them like Bloomberg is doing in new york :D:D:D

>I also find myself wanting to drink two litre bottles of soda and smoke heavily.

Gain 80 pounds, add a gun and an anti-gay bumper sticker and you'd be well on your way to being the GOP's target demographic!

I'm not sure if those characterizations are productive in any way, and I suspect only the most childish take humor and satisfaction out of it.

But since we're wallowing in stupidity, let's do it up right (posted before)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Interesting to consider the "option packages" you get with the two parties, and the courting of swing voters.

Do democratic politicians want "any 'ol" gun control measures so badly that they're willing to risk driving voters towards opponents who want to repeal universal healthcare laws? Or do the politicians see fit to assert their viewpoint on firearms is "obvious" and to hell with the people whose votes they lose?

Do republican politicians want to stop abortions and gay marriage so badly that they'll drive people into power that want to dredge up useless weapon bans? Or do these politicians see their viewpoint as "fundamental" and to hell with the people whose votes they lose?

I just hope when either party in control of a portion of the government conforms to their party stereotype, right down the line of issues, that they do so to their own peril. Because neither party has a monopoly on issues they should really just back away from.

>add a anti-gay bumper sticker and you'd be well on your way to being the GOP's target demographic!

:D:D:D:D#1,I am not anti-gay so why would I sport an anti-gay bumber sticker?
#2,I know alot of republicans and democrats,and from my experience niether group has more or less fat,or fit members than the other.
#3,On the rare occasions that I go to walmart,I always see alot of fat and rather dull eyed people using their state issued foodstamp cards to buy cheesey poofs and soda along with the other crap in their carts.I can't say for sure,but I bet many are Obama supporters,since many,not all,but many are of minority groups. Once again not saying there are no dull eyed fat white,or minority republicans,but rather both sides seem to be equal in that regard.
#4 I am not republican,nor democrat,but I must say that at least the republicans are not trying to tell us what we can eat and drink.
The republicans are also not trying to stomp on the 2nd amendment.
I do not share alot of the hard line right views on womens reproductive rights,,and am actually more in agreement with democrats on those isuues.
I find it amusing that you always paint anyone who refuses to drink your koolaid as hard right,anti-gay,anti-child safety,anti-womens rights,as religious godbots, or as fat and stupid.
If you want to paint me,then get it right. Paint me as pro 2nd amendment and the bill of rights, pro equal rights,and pro freedom.

>I am not anti-gay so why would I sport an anti-gay bumber sticker?

Sorry, wasn't saying that you were anti-gay or 80 pounds overweight. You'd just be closer to the GOP's target demographic. Being on Social Security would help too.

>On the rare occasions that I go to walmart,I always see alot of fat and rather dull eyed
>people using their state issued foodstamp cards to buy cheesey poofs and soda along
>with the other crap in their carts.I can't say for sure,but I bet many are Obama
>supporters . . .

If they're in Wal-Mart I'm guessing they're republicans. Probably lecturing the people in line about how the government is reaching into their wallets to steal their welfare. You generally see the democratic bums in local mom and pop stores telling everyone how they won't take _their_ welfare checks to the evil conglomerate Wal-Mart.

> I must say that at least the republicans are not trying to tell us what we can eat and drink.

Right, they just tell us who we can love and who we can worship.

>If you want to paint me,then get it right.

Again, not trying to paint you as anything. You'd have to change quite a bit to be either party's ideal demographic.

>I also find myself wanting to drink two litre bottles of soda and smoke heavily.

Gain 80 pounds, add a gun and an anti-gay bumper sticker and you'd be well on your way to being the GOP's target demographic!

Ooohhhhh

a wide brush insult

Taking lessons from Amazon now?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>I am not anti-gay so why would I sport an anti-gay bumber sticker?

Sorry, wasn't saying that you were anti-gay or 80 pounds overweight. You'd just be closer to the GOP's target demographic. Being on Social Security would help too.

>On the rare occasions that I go to walmart,I always see alot of fat and rather dull eyed
>people using their state issued foodstamp cards to buy cheesey poofs and soda along
>with the other crap in their carts.I can't say for sure,but I bet many are Obama
>supporters . . .

If they're in Wal-Mart I'm guessing they're republicans. Probably lecturing the people in line about how the government is reaching into their wallets to steal their welfare. You generally see the democratic bums in local mom and pop stores telling everyone how they won't take _their_ welfare checks to the evil conglomerate Wal-Mart.

> I must say that at least the republicans are not trying to tell us what we can eat and drink.

Right, they just tell us who we can love and who we can worship.

>If you want to paint me,then get it right.

Again, not trying to paint you as anything. You'd have to change quite a bit to be either party's ideal demographic.

Now you stero type people?

And here I though you was going to get your liberal card a stamp

But not after this one
Abraham Lincoln

>Now you stero type people?

Heck yeah! Wanted to get in on the fun. I can't leave it all up to you!

>And here I though you was going to get your liberal card a stamp But not after this one

Sorry, couldn't parse that one.

As a card carrying liberal, getting a stamp on the care is a real bragging point

But now you did sterotyping

Cant get a stamp after that
Abraham Lincoln

http://freebeacon.com/biden-just-fire-the-shotgun-through-the-door/

Biden wants to use Shotgun to hit it through the door.

Now that we're done poking shotgun's psychoses with a stick, let's get back to just how stupid this guy is. I mean did he give Pistorius lessons? This fuckwit provides a never ending supply of asshattery.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*