davjohns

Dubious information

I received an email that gave the information below. That makes it suspect immediately. I can't find anything on the internet, but I'm feeling lazy. Thought I would put it here and see if anyone else found anything. dwj

Original email:

Why is it that none of the disturbed and evil men, who steal guns, then go and kill movie-goers and children in school, has ever been identified as a conservative NRA member?

Ft. Hood~~~ Registered Democrat ~ Muslim

Columbine ~~~ Too young to vote; both families were registered Democrats and progressive liberals

Virginia Tech ~~~ Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff ~ Registered Democrat

Colorado Theater ~~~ Registered Democrat; staff worker on the Obama campaign; Occupy Wall Street participant; progressive liberal

Connecticut School Shooter- ~~~ Registered Democrat; hated Christians

The common thread is that all of these shooters were progressive, liberal Democrats.

Interesting, isn't it?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

>Why is it that none of the disturbed and evil men, who steal guns, then go and kill
>movie-goers and children in school, has ever been identified as a conservative NRA
>member?

IIRC, Anders Behring Breivik - a conservative Christian who fancied himself a religious warrior - had a higher body count than all those incidents combined. Most of them were kids.

A quick search found a discussion thread on Snopes.

Seems to be at least partly false. Laughner was a registered independent. Cho was a green card alien, not eligible to be a registered anything.

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?p=1705071

I've found that the vast majority of those "authoritative" e-mail chain letters are at least partly false.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>Why is it that none of the disturbed and evil men, who steal guns, then go and kill
>movie-goers and children in school, has ever been identified as a conservative NRA
>member?

IIRC, Anders Behring Breivik - a conservative Christian who fancied himself a religious warrior - had a higher body count than all those incidents combined. Most of them were kids.

Was Anders Breivik an NRA member?!

Adolf Hitler - registered Republican and NRA member.

Hey who are the cute kids in the avatar?

Twin grandsons. Grandchildren are wonderful. All the fun time and none of the drudgery. :D

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

laughner and cho aren't listed on the email, though.

Cho was the Virginia Tech shooter.

Laughner was listed in the version that I found on Snopes, which was almost identical.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I think you meant that for Jerry. He's shooting blanks now. And I am too. The mother of those boys was born the day before my vasectomy. lol