CarpeDiem3

No more Twinkies?

In this case, unions.

What? You don't think it is a good idea to call a strike when your employer has filed for bankruptcy? Who knew?:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Seriously?
:S

How many companies have we seen file for "bankruptcy" over the years simply as a union busting tactic? Happens all the time and it's pure management bullshit to attempt to get out of contracts the unions previously agreed to in good faith and are then reassigned in bankruptcy court without negotiation.

Just read the first paragraph of the article.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Seriously?
:S

How many companies have we seen file for "bankruptcy" over the years simply as a union busting tactic? Happens all the time and it's pure management bullshit to attempt to get out of contracts the unions previously agreed to in good faith and are then reassigned in bankruptcy court without negotiation.

Just read the first paragraph of the article.

I read this paragraph:

“If Hostess emerges from bankruptcy under its present plan, it will still have too much debt, too high costs and not enough access to cash to stay in business for the long term,” the union says in a fact sheet on its website

Sounds like the union itself acknowledged the company is hosed but STILL wanted some bits. So the union offered to sink the ship by making costs even higher.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Yet, somehow, it's the union's fault...not management for how the company has been run.

Okay...uh...I guess that makes sense if you're a blame shifting pussy who happens to be the head of a company.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Yet, somehow, it's the union's fault...not management for how the company has been run.

I'm not suggesting that. Sure, the company could be run better. Charging $1.79 for six donettes is pretty steep.

I guess that makes sense if you're a blame shifting pussy who happens to be the head of a company.

Could be played that way. I compare it, however, to a shoddily constructed building. You know the think is not solid, you expect the thing to crash sometime soon. But just to show you mean business, you decide to hack away at a few headers and king studs.

My wife is hotter than your wife.