RonD1120

More on BHO & Benghazi

RonD1120

Kallend was the first and the only one I've heard come up that the TX takeover scenario. However, most everyone is scared about something. Our country is in shambles. What will it take to get us pulling together again?

Only in your dreams.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***Kallend was the first and the only one I've heard come up that the TX takeover scenario. However, most everyone is scared about something. Our country is in shambles. What will it take to get us pulling together again?

Only in your dreams.

Not sure what your response means. Do you have an answer to my question?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

What will it take to get us pulling together again?

For people like you to stop being so selfish?

You talk and talk about unity but then you refuse point blank to compromise any tiny part of your own position. What makes you think there's a hope in hell of the whole country uniting behind you ideals?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

Which of my American ideals do you object?

What do the people who aren't with you object to?

you aren't willing to make one iota of compromise, you're more interested in belittling than convincing those you see as your oponents - where is it that you hope this unity will come from?

jakee

***Which of my American ideals do you object?

you aren't willing to make one iota of compromise, you're more interested in belittling than convincing those you see as your oponents - where is it that you hope this unity will come from?

why dont you answer his question?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You have to tell me what you specifically find objectionable and what you are willing to give up to reach a compromise.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

rushmc

******Which of my American ideals do you object?

It's a "when did you stop beating your wife" kind of question. Only an idiot would expect an answer.

There is the fact that I was born in America and raised by American parents during WWII when America was defeating YOUR aggressors.

RonD1120

There is the fact that I was born in America and raised by American parents during WWII when America was defeating YOUR aggressors.

Your memory might be failing you, but the US didn't get involved until after Pearl Harbour and they had war declared against them. Fair to say at that point they were your agressors as well.

kallend

*********Which of my American ideals do you object?

It's a "when did you stop beating your wife" kind of question. Only an idiot would expect an answer.

Only the same would classify this question that way
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

RonD1120

1. The USSR had more to do with defeating the Nazis than all other allies combined.

2. When Britain's need was greatest, in 1940, the USA sat on its metaphorical hands.

3. After Sept. 17, 1940 Hitler made no further plans to invade Britain. This was 14 months before Pearl Harbor.

4. Rommel had been defeated at El Alamein before a single US soldier landed in N. Africa.

5. The US provided 47% of the troops, 33% of the aircraft, and 25% of the naval vessels used on D-Day. Guess where the rest came from.

6. Your knowledge of history appears to be derived from Hollywood and is as poor as your knowledge of what are "American ideals".

cvfd1399

So the outcome would be the same if the U.S. would have just kept sitting "on their hands" as you say. Got it.

Hitler's fate was sealed on June 22, 1941. After that it was just a matter of time.

Why would you expect continued sitting on hands after Germany had declared war on the USA, Dec 11, 1941. (You are aware that Germany declared war on the USA, right? Or are you another Hollywood Historian?)

RonD1120

You have to tell me what you specifically find objectionable and what you are willing to give up to reach a compromise.

That's not important, is it? I have no role in uniting your country, and I'm not continuously lamenting it's discord.

You are though. You call for unity, but you're not willing to compromise on anything in the name of unity, and you mock the people who aren't united with you instead of trying to persuade them of your cause.

So tell me, where is unity going to come from? What is it that you are doing to try and foster unity?

kallend

***So the outcome would be the same if the U.S. would have just kept sitting "on their hands" as you say. Got it.

Hitler's fate was sealed on June 22, 1941. After that it was just a matter of time.

Why would you expect continued sitting on hands after Germany had declared war on the USA, Dec 11, 1941. (You are aware that Germany declared war on the USA, right? Or are you another Hollywood Historian?)

Why did you feel the need to ninja edit this post into something completely different? Who said I expected that? My question to you was would it have turned out the same if the U.S. would have not helped in europe. Care to answer that, or do you choose to use sarcastic redirects again.

>So the outcome would be the same if the U.S. would have just kept sitting
>"on their hands" as you say. Got it.

The US did, in fact, "sit on its hands" until it was directly attacked. So, to answer your question, yes, the outcome would have been exactly the same - because we, in fact, sat on our hands for as long as possible.

(And I am certain that if the Internet had existed back in 1939, there would have been a very vocal faction posting "if we wait until we are attacked WE WILL LOSE!")

billvon

>So the outcome would be the same if the U.S. would have just kept sitting
>"on their hands" as you say. Got it.

The US did, in fact, "sit on its hands" until it was directly attacked. So, to answer your question, yes, the outcome would have been exactly the same - because we, in fact, sat on our hands for as long as possible.

(And I am certain that if the Internet had existed back in 1939, there would have been a very vocal faction posting "if we wait until we are attacked WE WILL LOSE!")

Conservatives of the time were very much against getting involved in Europes war. Isolationism ruled the day.