RonD1120

More on BHO & Benghazi

tkhayes

4 people got killed in a raid on an embassy in a dangerous part of the world and we should turn the world upside down to find out why and heads should roll. 4000 soldiers die in a war in Iraq (and we spend $1T), which was based on a lie......no one is asking anything about that. you people truly are fucked in your belief structures.....
and THAT is what I am saying. calling it like I see it. Which is pretty much the way that it is.

The father of one of the four killed, Sean Smith, lives in the Tampa Bay Area. Earlier this year a room at the Bay Pines Hospital was dedicated as a permanent memorial in Sean's honor. The Patriot Guard Riders participated in the dedication.

Some of us remain very interested in the truth, as expertly summarized by Kennedy above. Your attitude sickens me.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/10218288/CIA-running-arms-smuggling-team-in-Benghazi-when-consulate-was-attacked.html

CIA 'running arms smuggling team in Benghazi when consulate was attacked'
The CIA has been subjecting operatives to monthly polygraph tests in an attempt to suppress details of a US arms smuggling operation in Benghazi that was ongoing when its ambassador was killed by a mob in the city last year, according to reports.

Hmmm.. A covert government operation for running guns. What does that remind you of?

Gravitymaster

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/10218288/CIA-running-arms-smuggling-team-in-Benghazi-when-consulate-was-attacked.html

The CIA has been subjecting operatives to monthly polygraph tests in an attempt to suppress details of a US arms smuggling operation in Benghazi that was ongoing when its ambassador was killed by a mob in the city last year, according to reports.

Hmmm.. A covert government operation for running guns. What does that remind you of?

Nothing more to see here. Move along. :S
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

***http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/10218288/CIA-running-arms-smuggling-team-in-Benghazi-when-consulate-was-attacked.html

Nothing more to see here. Move along. :S

Oh, I'm sure Kelp will be along to provide the usual hair-splitting and side-slitting entertainment.

So can you answer the questions posed above, or do you think they don't matter? If no, it appears you have a tin foil blindfold, not a tinfoil hat.

To refresh your memory, the questions were:

There are two significant questions that need to be answered: (A) Who decided to run with the bullshit "offensive video caused this" story, and (B) what, if anything did the military do after they learned about the first attack, between attacks, and during the second attack, and on whose authority did they act or fail to act?

The ongoing apparent coverup is a whole other issue worth exploring.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Gravitymaster

Oh, I'm sure Kelp will be along to provide the usual hair-splitting and side-slitting entertainment.

It's funny from here, watching this desparate hope by you all that this will explode into something super duper big. Didn't we already go through this exercise with Clinton - would be scandal after scandal until finally we get the satisfaction of seeing him commit perjury to avoid embarrassing disclosures.

So CNN (though oddly you cite one of the more marginal UK papers for it) believes there may have been a bunch of CIA operatives in Libya! Wow...who could believe such an obvious likelihood?

At the end of it, you make the mistake (intentionally) of presuming evil when incompetence usually is the culprit. For an example of that, look at the current dance around Egypt and funding after military coups.

(A) who cares / it's not relevant
(B) refer to my original reply - shit happens in dangerous places that are under attack. You apparently expect a zero casualty rate in any attack situation. Just because people died does not mean anything was done wrong

My stepfather just died of brain cancer- should I sue the doctors because I assume that someone must held held accountable?

Questions answered - now knock it off

tkhayes

There are two significant questions that need to be answered: (A) Who decided to run with the bullshit "offensive video caused this" story, and (B) what, if anything did the military do after they learned about the first attack, between attacks, and during the second attack, and on whose authority did they act or fail to act?

(A) who cares / it's not relevant
(B) refer to my original reply - shit happens in dangerous places that are under attack. You apparently expect a zero casualty rate in any attack situation. Just because people died does not mean anything was done wrong

(a) I disagree, I happen to believe blatant lies by the government concerned the reasons behind deaths of Americans are relevant. If you think it isn't, why have you been bitching about reasons for the war in Iraq? Cover-ups piqué my interest. Anyone with your point of view wouldn't care why Officer Brian Terry died.
(b) You're not that obtuse. Don't feign ignorance. You know damn well I wasn't demanding an impossible to ensure zero casualty rate for violent armed attacks on all US installations worldwide. The question I out to you was what response, if any, did the US government take during the first attack, between attacks, and during the second attack, and on whose authority. Same question to Libyan forces and leaders. I don't demand the impossible, but I do want to know what they did, and when. If they did nothing and it was the only option or the best option, then says so an back it up.

My stepfather just died of brain cancer- should I sue the doctors because I assume that someone must held held accountable?

I'm sorry for your loss, but clear non sequitur and irrelevant to the issue at hand. If you believe something totally out of the ordinary caused his death, related to the hospital but not his known illness, and the hospital can't or won't conduct a valid investigation, then you should sue.

Questions answered - now knock it off

You haven't answered either question. Answer or fuck off.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

You going into politics? You seem quite presidential.
Dodge, cover, deny, mislead, acknowledge, feign interest, spout irrelevant gibberish, dodge, evade, cover, attack questioner, and after facts continue to trickle out - throw a tantrum and go full Cartmann. "Screw you guys, I'm going home."

Have you been speaking with talking points makers and speech editors?
witty subliminal message
1*

I think we already have the answer. Unfortunately the answer is the administration won't reveal that information. They know that it would confirm their incompetence and have chosen to run out the clock. It's also unfortunate that a majority of the people in this country don't care enough about it to force the issue. I believe it's the reason Hillary chose to resign. She came very close to admitting the fuck up but tossed that live grenade back to Barry et al.

Wouldn't be the first time the american people have been played and it won't be the last. Meet the new boss...

Destinations by Roxanne

More on the CIA and Benghazi:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/03/former-cia-operative-says-john-brennan-is-a-bully-of-the-first-order/

“The people who risked their lives on the ground in Libya…are now being intimidated that their careers will be ruined or they will be fired if they happen to say what was going on on the ground at the time,” Scheuer said. “I’ve known John Brennan and he’s the director there and he’s a bully of the first order. He will never say anything negative or question anyone above him, but for the people below him he is a bully of epic dimensions.”

Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

have not dodged anything, you simply do not like the answers I gave because they do not feed into YOUR agenda. Maybe you should try politics yourself.

move along, nothing to find here. If there was, it would be out. From what you say, no American in an operational role in the field was ever killed after 'asking for help' because messages did not get through or whatever operational deficiency occurred in that given scenario.

I restate my case. Working in an embassy in Libya is dangerous. people actually get killed. sometimes. despite everyone's bet efforts. If this was GWB, I would not have heard a peep about it.

rolling my eyes again......

tkhayes

have not dodged anything, you simply do not like the answers I gave because they do not feed into YOUR agenda.

My agenda is finding the truth. Your answers don't feed into that, so yes they bother me.

move along, nothing to find here. If there was, it would be out.

So I guess you would have wanted to stop the watergate investigation before it reached the Oval Office, right? Or are you ignorant of the fact that it took more than a year of digging and investigating to connect it to Nixon? Sometimes coverups take time to unravel. Should everyone stop just because you're satisfied?

From what you say, no American in an operational role in the field was ever killed after 'asking for help' because messages did not get through or whatever operational deficiency occurred in that given scenario.

Sure there've been deaths due to failure of communication. Since that appears to have no bearing on the Benghazi attack, why mention it. If it was due to miscommunication, then we need to find out where the failure was and fix it. You'll notice no one in the administration has said the problem was what you suggest. Since lying about the attackers' motivation failed horribly, they've tried ever dodge known. Including your favorite "nothing to see here, move along."

I restate my case. Working in an embassy in Libya is dangerous. people actually get killed. sometimes. despite everyone's bet efforts. If this was GWB, I would not have heard a peep about it.

Your case is hypothetical nonsense. I'm working on an issue in the real world. And sometimes best efforts are not only not good enough, they are so miserable as to be civil or criminally negligent. Despite good intentions. (An example here might be keeping the mission open despite reports that it didn't meet minimum requirements, let alone dangerous area requirements).
witty subliminal message
1*

So I guess you would have wanted to stop the watergate investigation before it reached the Oval Office, right? Or are you ignorant of the fact that it took more than a year of digging and investigating to connect it to Nixon? Sometimes coverups take time to unravel. Should everyone stop just because you're satisfied?

Watergate actually had something called 'evidence' that led to the conclusion that it did. The whole process from the break-in to the resignation took 2 years. However the FBI established the link to Nixon in less than 4 months.

I'll see you in another year when all that 'evidence that is hidden' surfaces. Then maybe you can gloat.

until then I will put my tin foil at in a box for another day.

Lack of evidence sometimes is exactly what it is. The truth has been found, you just refuse to believe it. It's a great country and you can pursue your fantasies for as long as you want, regardless of how futile the efforts might be.

You are not alone - people spend their entire lives pursuing UFOs, and the 9/11 conspirators are still out there despite the 'answers' being there, again, like you, they just refuse to believe them.

But hell, people still believe that a bearded guy in the sky made the universe.....

Your case is hypothetical nonsense.

so stating that dangerous jobs have higher risks is not living in the real world? got it.:S

so stating that dangerous jobs have higher risks is not living in the real world? got it.:S

Ya
trying to buy back advanced weapons cause they got into the wrong hands when you sold them in the first place is a dangerous job

Coveing it up is politically dangerous

this you would see if you didnt have tingley leg syndrom for Obama
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

tkhayes

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight, everyone who disagrees with you is fucked up, and only you see the world as it truly is. Wow, dude. Wow.

It i not about who disagrees with 'me', it is about who disagrees with the outcomes of all the investigations, the information, the data, and everything that has already been done, and yet CONTINUES to rant about what has been 'hidden', when in fact nothing has been hidden because there was nothing to find.

I will send you my tin foil hat, yours apparently is not of sufficient quality....

I wonder . . did you know they are still forcing people, who might have been even remotely involved, into non disclosure contracts?

Why is that, in your opinion?

What are the LOGICAL conclusions you come to?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Lack of evidence sometimes is exactly what it is. The truth has been found, you just refuse to believe it.

Really? The truth? So tell me, how many Americans were on the ground? Who led/coordinated the attacks? How many were injured? What were US forces doing? What were Libyan forces doing? Who pushed the video story over the reality of coordinated attack following weeks if minor attacks?

When you have answers, you can say they're the truth. Since you don't have any of those answers, you're just making shit up and insulting those smart enough to k ow why we don't know.

so stating that dangerous jobs have higher risks is not living in the real world? got it.

Reality check. I never said they didn't. Let's see what you said and what I said.

***I restate my case. Working in an embassy in Libya is dangerous. people actually get killed. sometimes. despite everyone's bet efforts. If this was GWB, I would not have heard a peep about it.

Your case is hypothetical nonsense. I'm working on an issue in the real world. And sometimes best efforts are not only not good enough, they are so miserable as to be civil or criminally negligent. Despite good intentions. (An example here might be keeping the mission open despite reports that it didn't meet minimum requirements, let alone dangerous area requirements).

You can't just make shit up in a forum where folks can go see what you said in the past. Maybe I have you too much credit. I expected you to be able to tell apart an assertion from a hypothetical. You made a worthless generic assertion (jobs in dangerous places can lead to deaths) followed by an asinine hypothetical (if this had been Bush, no one would've said anything). Does that help, or do I need to walk you through it word by word?
witty subliminal message
1*

airdvr

"The Truth about Benghazi": An Erin Burnett OutFront Special Investigation airing Tuesday, 10p ET

http://outfront.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/05/the-truth-about-benghazi-an-erin-burnett-outfront-special-investigation/?hpt=hp_t1

Promises to be interesting.

Thanks for the heads up. I hope something worthwhile comes forth. We don't have TV up here in the mountains. I'll rely on you guys and tomorrow's news for feedback.

Pretty much as I thought it would be.

There was plenty of warnings leading up to the attacks. State chose to do nothing. Clear failure of Hillary. They stopped short of saying that.

There were some forces close enough to lend aid but were ordered to stand down. No mention of who gave that order or why.

It was clear this was a terrorist action almost immediately. Hillary and Barry sent Susan Rice out with 'talking points' to downplay the event. Nothing new here. Newland is being pressured to name who the person above her who wanted the reference to terrorism removed.

So, in a nutshell there was nothing that we didn't already know.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

Pretty much as I thought it would be.

There was plenty of warnings leading up to the attacks. State chose to do nothing. Clear failure of Hillary. They stopped short of saying that.

There were some forces close enough to lend aid but were ordered to stand down. No mention of who gave that order or why.

It was clear this was a terrorist action almost immediately. Hillary and Barry sent Susan Rice out with 'talking points' to downplay the event. Nothing new here. Newland is being pressured to name who the person above her who wanted the reference to terrorism removed.

So, in a nutshell there was nothing that we didn't already know.

Thanks for the report. I've been working at the food bank all morning and have not read any news.

Overall it was much better than I expected. It raised most of the questions I have in this thread, and stated that there are no answers. It called out the idiocy and inability to support (lies behind) blaming the video and unplanned protests, and the lies told about edits to the talking points. It asked a lot of questions and wondered where teh answers are. It did also condemn some rightsiders for making political hay out of the early followup (political ads and fundraising). On the fair side, they did include a (R) politician condemning those ads and efforts.
(basically, if Erin Burnett read dz.com, she'd be calling tkhayes either ignorant or a liar)
On the short side, it completely left out what the president was doing the entire time. It didn't even raise the point.
witty subliminal message
1*