RonD1120

More on BHO & Benghazi

kallend

You write as though you think all beliefs are equally valid. Would you feel the same about someone who believes in Zeus? Ghosts? Fairies at the bottom of the garden?

It's a fair question in response to your previous statement. See the "?" at the end of it?

Why are you avoiding giving an answer?

Nice implication that someone who has conservative views is akin to those that believe in mythical creatures...Really not so different as your previous implication that conservatives can't read...your constant belittling of those with views that don't align with your views is getting quite tiresome...you continually use personal insults, and frankly, it isn't flattering.
Dudeist Skydiver #0511

Hjeada

***You write as though you think all beliefs are equally valid. Would you feel the same about someone who believes in Zeus? Ghosts? Fairies at the bottom of the garden?

It's a fair question in response to your previous statement. See the "?" at the end of it?

Why are you avoiding giving an answer?

Nice implication that someone who has conservative views is akin to those that believe in mythical creatures...Really not so different as your previous implication that conservatives can't read...your constant belittling of those with views that don't align with your views is getting quite tiresome...you continually use personal insults, and frankly, it isn't flattering.

Where to start?

Conservative political views have been defined as those advocating the conservative application of government. This is to say that government should be kept on a tight leash, and put to use only when truly appropriate. 'Conservative,' however, has become synonymous with the 'Religious Right,' opposition to abortion and so forth.

In this case, the question addresses umbrage taken at a perceived lack of 'respect' for one's religious convictions. The question seeks to clarify whether one only one particular brand of religion is inviolate, or if any belief system is similarly sacrosanct.

One problem that has been observed with regard to the discussion of religions is that it requires appropriate disclaimers and/or emoticons to distinguish between when one is being intentionally absurd or is simply describing the tenets of a particular faith verbatim. Credo quia absurdum and all that.

Anyhow, the point is simply to determine what particular brands of nonsense covered by the dictum that one's beliefs are to be respected, and which may be safely ridiculed.

Making fun of the ridiculous as defined by Islam is subject to murderous response, but that is an unique case. Islam, the nonsensical construct of a murderous pervert (RTFB), is singularly virulent. FWIW, Joseph Smith was not much (if any) better.

BSBD,

Winsor

winsor

Where to start?

Conservative political views have been defined as those advocating the conservative application of government. This is to say that government should be kept on a tight leash, and put to use only when truly appropriate. 'Conservative,' however, has become synonymous with the 'Religious Right,' opposition to abortion and so forth.

In this case, the question addresses umbrage taken at a perceived lack of 'respect' for one's religious convictions. The question seeks to clarify whether one only one particular brand of religion is inviolate, or if any belief system is similarly sacrosanct.

One problem that has been observed with regard to the discussion of religions is that it requires appropriate disclaimers and/or emoticons to distinguish between when one is being intentionally absurd or is simply describing the tenets of a particular faith verbatim. Credo quia absurdum and all that.

Anyhow, the point is simply to determine what particular brands of nonsense covered by the dictum that one's beliefs are to be respected, and which may be safely ridiculed.

Making fun of the ridiculous as defined by Islam is subject to murderous response, but that is an unique case. Islam, the nonsensical construct of a murderous pervert (RTFB), is singularly virulent. FWIW, Joseph Smith was not much (if any) better.

BSBD,

Winsor

Lumping all that are politically conservative into the same group as those that are religiously conservative is inherently wrong and simple minded. While I understand why, and how, the stereotype of those who are politically conservative are also religiously conservative, has come about...it is no more accurate than lumping everyone on the left as social program teat suckers, or godless lost souls...my original point being, that for someone who touts being an intellectual, the arguments presented are nothing more than underhanded insults with great assumptions tied to them. As far as I know, believing in ANY God, isn't a prerequisite to ones political views. And while the fallacy of those on either end of the spectrum (whether political, or religious) may define the stereotypes, doesn't mean it defines the mass of those who vote or believe one way or another.
Dudeist Skydiver #0511

Too me, this initially had nothing to with political leanings other than it gave the attacker an angle to attack Ron (who is open with his beliefs, and I respect that)

It was disgusting and wrong

But it is a tactic of many from the left who chose not to believe in a god

So, it was not a question. It was just vitrol from a couple of forum thugs puffing their chests out
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Too me, this initially had nothing to with political leanings other than it gave the attacker an angle to attack Ron (who is open with his beliefs, and I respect that)

So, it was not a question. It was just vitrol from a couple of forum thugs puffing their chests out

I take it, then, that you do think that all beliefs are due an equal amount of respect. Zeus, Odin, Ra, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, fairies, etc.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***Too me, this initially had nothing to with political leanings other than it gave the attacker an angle to attack Ron (who is open with his beliefs, and I respect that)

I take it, then, that you do think that all beliefs are due an equal amount of respect. Zeus, Odin, Ra, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, fairies, etc.

You take it anyway you want
you usually do

But know this
I dont care anymore what you think
My posts are to others who see the lunacy you post
Abraham Lincoln

I wonder if it means more to them if a looser network like CNN has an exclusive?

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/01/exclusive-dozens-of-cia-operatives-on-the-ground-during-benghazi-attack/
Abraham Lincoln

I saw that one. I was trying to decide if it was worth a new thread since this one is so far off the tracks it may as well be joined to the ISS.

The article is not so much an exposé as it is a "Look how much we STILL don't know!" And maybe a bit of "we can't say they're covering it up, but it's flapping quacking yellow billed and running on webbed feet."

And yes boys and girls, this is CNN.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Now this
Came out AFTER the CNN report yesterday

Gowdy told Greta the Obama Administration is hiding the survivors, dispersing them around the country, AND changing their names.

“Including changing names, creating aliases. Stop and think what things are most calculated to get at the truth? Talk to people with first-hand knowledge. What creates the appearance and perhaps the reality of a cover-up? Not letting us talk with people who have the most amount of information, dispersing them around the country and changing their names.”

And, at the same time Obama is hiding the survivors around the country he’s calling Benghazi a ‘phony’ scandal.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/08/breaking-obama-administration-is-hiding-benghazi-survivors-dispursing-them-around-the-country-and-changing-their-names-video/
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

I wonder if it means more to them if a looser network like CNN has an exclusive?

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/01/exclusive-dozens-of-cia-operatives-on-the-ground-during-benghazi-attack/

We are getting closer to the truth. The main stream reporters are aware of the importance of this story. The question is, who will have the courage to pursue it?

This quote from the article caught my attention:

Speculation on Capitol Hill has included the possibility the U.S. agencies operating in Benghazi were secretly helping to move surface-to-air missiles out of Libya, through Turkey, and into the hands of Syrian rebels.

Glenn Beck reported this scenario on the Blaze TV in the week following the attack.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

rushmc

Now this
Came out AFTER the CNN report yesterday

Gowdy told Greta the Obama Administration is hiding the survivors, dispersing them around the country, AND changing their names.

“Including changing names, creating aliases. Stop and think what things are most calculated to get at the truth? Talk to people with first-hand knowledge. What creates the appearance and perhaps the reality of a cover-up? Not letting us talk with people who have the most amount of information, dispersing them around the country and changing their names.”

And, at the same time Obama is hiding the survivors around the country he’s calling Benghazi a ‘phony’ scandal.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/08/breaking-obama-administration-is-hiding-benghazi-survivors-dispursing-them-around-the-country-and-changing-their-names-video/

Like I said above, who has the courage to go after the truth?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I suspect the reality is that this is a bigger story than Iran-Contra. I also suspect that even if the press discovered the truth, they would do everything they could to cover it up. As we are all aware, it only takes a hint of doubt and the left-wingers gush to the defense of their King.

Gravitymaster

I suspect the reality is that this is a bigger story than Iran-Contra. I also suspect that even if the press discovered the truth, they would do everything they could to cover it up. As we are all aware, it only takes a hint of doubt and the left-wingers gush to the defense of their King.

And to think, the IRS scandal may be bigger than this one

and this one is getting bigger and bigger
Abraham Lincoln

Gravitymaster

funny stuff, GM. Several gut busters in one paragraph.

kelpdiver

***I suspect the reality is that this is a bigger story than Iran-Contra. I also suspect that even if the press discovered the truth, they would do everything they could to cover it up. As we are all aware, it only takes a hint of doubt and the left-wingers gush to the defense of their King.

funny stuff, GM. Several gut busters in one paragraph.

Glad I could return some of the entertainment you've given me lately.

tkhayes

wow are we still talking about Benghazi? You people really need some serious help. And I do not mean with typing......

Really? Even CNN put out an article detailing how much we don't know, and I think they're running a special on it in a few days. Can you tell us how many people were at the two uS locations, how the attacks went down, who directed the attacks, what, if anything the US military did or didn't do after the first attack and before or after the second attack?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

tkhayes

wow are we still talking about Benghazi? You people really need some serious help. And I do not mean with typing......

hopes run eternal.

Since he's already been reelected, a true miracle is needed for them. "Bigger than Iran Contra," man, that just cracks me up over and over. And means that the Beirut Barracks Bombing must have been bigger that the crusification of Christ.

kelpdiver

***wow are we still talking about Benghazi? You people really need some serious help. And I do not mean with typing......

hopes run eternal.

Since he's already been reelected, a true miracle is needed for them. "Bigger than Iran Contra," man, that just cracks me up over and over. And means that the Beirut Barracks Bombing must have been bigger that the crusification of Christ.

And the laughs just continue....

Kennedy

Really? Even CNN put out an article detailing how much we don't know, and I think they're running a special on it in a few days. Can you tell us how many people were at the two uS locations, how the attacks went down, who directed the attacks, what, if anything the US military did or didn't do after the first attack and before or after the second attack?

I've been ignoring this thread, but then today I saw this: http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/01/exclusive-dozens-of-cia-operatives-on-the-ground-during-benghazi-attack/

But what made me do a facepalm is to see the morons at the CIA are *still* using 20th-century witchcraft (polygraph).:S

In college I knew a guy who signed on with them when he got his BS. After a few years they paid all his expenses to come back and get his MS. Then after a few more years of work, he came back for his Phd. The Phd was largely paid for by a research grant, but he was still classified as an employee throughout the MS and Phd programs, and got all the benefits.

The day he got his Phd, he gave the CIA notice he was quitting. Why? Because every goddamned time he went back to work, they would stick him on a polygraph, and every time, they thought they had a new angle, and they would put him through the ringer, trying to get him to confess to yet another bunch of bullshit they concocted. The last straw was when they tried to get him to confess to being gay. Apparently, the fact he had a GF that he spent a lot of time with, didn't enter into their analysis. He had made up his mind to quit *before* he came back for the Phd, but he was milking them for all the benefits he could get before telling them to get stuffed.

He promptly got a job as a university professor.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

4 people got killed in a raid on an embassy in a dangerous part of the world and we should turn the world upside down to find out why and heads should roll. 4000 soldiers die in a war in Iraq (and we spend $1T), which was based on a lie......no one is asking anything about that. you people truly are fucked in your belief structures.....
and THAT is what I am saying. calling it like I see it. Which is pretty much the way that it is.

4 people got killed in a raid on an embassy in a dangerous part of the world and we should turn the world upside down to find out why and heads should roll. 4000 soldiers die in a war in Iraq (and we spend $1T), which was based on a lie......no one is asking anything about that.

Oh yay, we've gone to moral relativism again. Huzzah. :S

There are two significant questions that need to be answered: (A) Who decided to run with the bullshit "offensive video caused this" story, and (B) what, if anything did the military do after they learned about the first attack, between attacks, and during the second attack, and on whose authority did they act or fail to act?

Side note, is the CIA doing anything to hide people and force them not to talk to congress? That is in response (A) a list of folks on the ground not being provided to congress - even security cleared committee; and to word that personnel are being shuffled all over the place to avoid media and congress. Anyone else heard about monthly polygraphs to prevent whistleblowing?

you people truly are fucked in your belief structures.....
and THAT is what I am saying. calling it like I see it. Which is pretty much the way that it is.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight, everyone who disagrees with you is fucked up, and only you see the world as it truly is. Wow, dude. Wow.
witty subliminal message
1*

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight, everyone who disagrees with you is fucked up, and only you see the world as it truly is. Wow, dude. Wow.

It i not about who disagrees with 'me', it is about who disagrees with the outcomes of all the investigations, the information, the data, and everything that has already been done, and yet CONTINUES to rant about what has been 'hidden', when in fact nothing has been hidden because there was nothing to find.

I will send you my tin foil hat, yours apparently is not of sufficient quality....