airdvr

What did they know and when did they know it?

4 people are dead. The administration has been less than forthcoming with the details of the attacks on our embassy in Benghazi. Something stinks here. CNN has nothing, MSNBC to their credit at least has it on the first page, albeit way at the bottom.

At any other time this would be big news. I believe the Obama camp tried to lie about an internal failure to recognize terrorist action and was caught. Hillary played along, as did Rice and Carney.

Hey John, can you step away from the Mitt attacks long enough to discuss this?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Something stinks here. CNN has nothing, MSNBC to their credit at least has it on the first page, albeit way at the bottom.

The thing that stinks is the American people. If the American people wanted to know more about it there would be a headline with this instead of Page 3, etc.

I get the sense the Administration can say what it wants because the American people don't care that much about it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Maybe they've tried to cover something up, and maybe they didn't. I can tell you for sure if they were discussing the security situation openly, the same people would be screaming about the release of classified information.

- Dan G

Dana Milbank of the Washingto Post has an op-ed piece about that very thing today.

In part:
... Rep. Darrill Issa, the indefatigable Republican chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, is holding a hearing this week even thoudh Congress is in a weeks-long recess. The emergency cause fot the hearing? Probing "The Security Failures of Benghazi" -- lapses in diplomatic security that led to the deaths of Ambassador Vhris Stevens and three other Americans in Libya.
The purpose of the pre-election hearing presumably is to embarrass the administration. But Issa seems unaware of the irony that diplomatic security is inadiquate partly because of budget cuts forced by his fellow Republicans in Congress.
For kiscal 2013 the GOP-controlled House proposed spending $1.934 billion for State Department's Worldwide Security Protection program -- well below the $2/15 billion requested by the Obama administration. House Republiicans cut the administration's request for embassy security funding by $128 millin in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012. (Negotiations with the Democrat-controlled Senate restored about $88 million of the administration's request.) Last year, Secretary lf State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans' proposed cuts to her department would be"detrimental to America national security" -- a charge Republicans rejected.
Ryan, Issa ans other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions. Under Ryan's budget, non defense discretionary spending which includes State Department funding would be slashed nearly 20 percent in 2014, which would translate to more than $400 milling in additional cuts to embassy security.

It sounds to me like they are saying, "Itls your fault because you couldn't stop us from cutting the money out of the security budget."
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Dana Milbank of the Washingto Post has an op-ed piece about that very thing today.

In part:
... Rep. Darrill Issa, the indefatigable Republican chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, is holding a hearing this week even thoudh Congress is in a weeks-long recess. The emergency cause fot the hearing? Probing "The Security Failures of Benghazi" -- lapses in diplomatic security that led to the deaths of Ambassador Vhris Stevens and three other Americans in Libya.
The purpose of the pre-election hearing presumably is to embarrass the administration. But Issa seems unaware of the irony that diplomatic security is inadiquate partly because of budget cuts forced by his fellow Republicans in Congress.
For kiscal 2013 the GOP-controlled House proposed spending $1.934 billion for State Department's Worldwide Security Protection program -- well below the $2/15 billion requested by the Obama administration. House Republiicans cut the administration's request for embassy security funding by $128 millin in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012. (Negotiations with the Democrat-controlled Senate restored about $88 million of the administration's request.) Last year, Secretary lf State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans' proposed cuts to her department would be"detrimental to America national security" -- a charge Republicans rejected.
Ryan, Issa ans other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions. Under Ryan's budget, non defense discretionary spending which includes State Department funding would be slashed nearly 20 percent in 2014, which would translate to more than $400 milling in additional cuts to embassy security.

It sounds to me like they are saying, "Itls your fault because you couldn't stop us from cutting the money out of the security budget."

Exactly what budget are you referring to?

Destinations by Roxanne

In part:
For fiscal 2013 the GOP-controlled House proposed spending $1.934 billion for State Department's Worldwide Security Protection program -- well below the $2/15 billion requested by the Obama administration. House Republiicans cut the administration's request for embassy security funding by $128 millin in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012. (Negotiations with the Democrat-controlled Senate restored about $88 million of the administration's request.) Last year, Secretary lf State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans' proposed cuts to her department would be"detrimental to America national security" -- a charge Republicans rejected.

See the now bolded portions of the article. If you're reffering to a House Bill Number, I don't have clue. And I doubt you could referance one without some research.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

The media Cnn MSNBC, Fox all of them are corrupt

THEY the republican or democratic governments are not in power.

The people in power are the 1% and they only tell you lies.

It’s your job to care enough about your own future to at least try and find information.
They did not cover Spain, Bahrain, Iraq, etc. etc. But you can find info out there. Even live video.

They have and will use our patriotism and passion as a weapon to manipulate us all.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

In part:
For fiscal 2013 the GOP-controlled House proposed spending $1.934 billion for State Department's Worldwide Security Protection program -- well below the $2/15 billion requested by the Obama administration. House Republiicans cut the administration's request for embassy security funding by $128 millin in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012. (Negotiations with the Democrat-controlled Senate restored about $88 million of the administration's request.) Last year, Secretary lf State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans' proposed cuts to her department would be"detrimental to America national security" -- a charge Republicans rejected.

See the now bolded portions of the article. If you're reffering to a House Bill Number, I don't have clue. And I doubt you could referance one without some research.

If the country actually operated on a budget we could address your points. However, what does this have to do with bald-faced lying about a terrorist attack on an embassy?

Destinations by Roxanne

Shouldn't Issa focus on Fast n Furious, a real concern, rather than bark about whether or not the Administration gave an inaccurate explanation for an attack that had already taken place, out of their control?

I think they should do both, we know if Bush was potus the media and the liberals would have the noose tied up and waiting for Bash's head to be inserted by now.

Shouldn't Issa focus on Fast n Furious, a real concern, rather than bark about whether or not the Administration gave an inaccurate explanation for an attack that had already taken place, out of their control?

I think they should do both, we know if Bush was potus the media and the liberals would have the noose tied up and waiting for Bash's head to be inserted by now.

i don't recall Bush being hung for 9/11. They did do that dog and pony show where they grilled Rice and others, but that accomplished nothing either.

Again, what really is the point of a hearing. This isn't about actions taken or not taken by the Administration that would have changed the outcome at all. It seems very much like gun controllers dancing on the graves at a school yard shooting. F&F may have real crimes and coverups - something worth spending time closing out.

The US government lies to the American people about what is going on in places like Afghanistan and Libya. http://wizbangblog.com/2012/10/11/cbss-lara-logan-the-obama-administration-is-lying-to-you-about-afghanistan/

But fear not, Obama will tell you everything you need to know the next time he is a guest on The View, Letterman, or on The Daily Show.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over