Gravitymaster

Why the Economy Will Never Recover with Obama as President

>Why the Economy Will Never Recover with Obama as President

Sucks that it did, then.

:D

There you go using numbers and facts again Bill.

Some people are proud that they believe what they believe regardless of the facts. :S
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

>Why the Economy Will Never Recover with Obama as President

Sucks that it did, then.

:D

There you go using numbers and facts again Bill.

Some people are proud that they believe what they believe regardless of the facts. :S

So you see imaginary facts in his post? Can I borrow those rose colored glasses? :S

The idea that any one person can destroy the US economy is silly. The guys quoted in the article obviously have a political axe to grind. The economy cratered under a republican administration. The recovery is agonizingly slow under a democratic administration. The economy will likely continue a very slow recovery regardless of who is elected president.

The idea that any one person can destroy the US economy is silly. The guys quoted in the article obviously have a political axe to grind. The economy cratered under a republican administration. The recovery is agonizingly slow under a democratic administration. The economy will likely continue a very slow recovery regardless of who is elected president.

It's businesses that determine how good or bad the economy is. Obama is like a virus that came in and disrupted the natural flow. Our decision this next election is whether we want to continue to be sick or if we want to get rid of the virus and begin to heal.

When business has the flu, we all suffer.

Nonsense.

The collapse happened under the previous administration.

There's plenty of good argument to make on how this administration has dealt with the collapse, but to try and blame the collapse on Obama is downright silliness.

The economy will likely continue a very slow recovery regardless of who is elected president.

Agreed on this statement (to the poster who wrote it). The only thing that will change will be who claims credit for it (and IMO neither can).

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

I'm not sure how old you are or if you know about the decline of business here in America over the past 40 years or so.
No president, not Obama nor Mitt Romney, will be able to click their heels together and make jobs appear. It just won't happen until corporations change their mindsets and manufacturing can keep up.
I was amazed that even if Apple wanted to, they couldn't manufacture Ipads and Pods here in America. They can't make the internal parts here. Amazing. A microcosm of what's wrong with America's economy.
We have deregulated, undereducated, outsourced, legislated and have become business unfriendly as a nation.
The economy and job creation shouldn't start at the top. Jobs have to start at the local level. Cities have to be accomodating. States have to back off.
Here in Oceanside, CA, the city just recently changed their sign permit fee from $15-$50 to $375+. WTF.
And they have a Republican majority on council!
Local governments have got to stop wasting money. Look at Stockton, CA and why they are bankrupt. It had nothing to do with pensions. It was all a lack of common sense.

We have let jobs go overseas for years. All in the name of corporate profits.
When the steel industry was on the ropes, the government didn't really care.
When Detroit built big gas guzzlers that were hunks of junk, Japan came in with a better product and kicked our asses.
Not one president, Democrat, Republican or Independent will save our economy singlehandedly in a single term.

And take a close look at Mitt's real record. He got a lot of government handouts for Bain's success. He sent a lot of jobs packing. But that's stuff for a different thread.

You obviously have a political axe to grind as well. What natural flow are you talking about? The one where the economy was flowing down the toilet under Bush? You are right about one thing, though. It's businesses that determine how good or bad the economy is. Not presidents.

http://www.newswise.com/articles/how-much-can-the-president-influence-the-economy-only-a-little-says-an-economic-historian

It's businesses that determine how good or bad the economy is. Obama is like a virus that came in and disrupted the natural flow.

the natural flow at the time he entered office was down the toilet. And it wasn't much better in late 2000,early 2001 when a similar bubble burst. They book ended the Bush Presidency.

Also, if businesses could decide that, how could so many of them fail in 2008? Bear, Wamu, Wachovia, Countrywide....no, it's the customers that decide how good or bad the economy is. Demand, not supply.

Nonsense.

There's plenty of good argument to make on how this administration has dealt with the collapse, but to try and blame the collapse on Obama is downright silliness.

The economy will likely continue a very slow recovery regardless of who is elected president.

Agreed on this statement (to the poster who wrote it). The only thing that will change will be who claims credit for it (and IMO neither can).

Ian

You might want to read and understand what I am saying before proceeding. I never said Obama was responsible for the collapse. try starting there and then working your way forward.

It's businesses that determine how good or bad the economy is. Obama is like a virus that came in and disrupted the natural flow.

the natural flow at the time he entered office was down the toilet. And it wasn't much better in late 2000,early 2001 when a similar bubble burst. They book ended the Bush Presidency.

Also, if businesses could decide that, how could so many of them fail in 2008? Bear, Wamu, Wachovia, Countrywide....no, it's the customers that decide how good or bad the economy is. Demand, not supply.

Where do those consumers get their money from?

From selling their Obama Phones of course...

You obviously have a political axe to grind as well. What natural flow are you talking about? The one where the economy was flowing down the toilet under Bush? You are right about one thing, though. It's businesses that determine how good or bad the economy is. Not presidents.

http://www.newswise.com/articles/how-much-can-the-president-influence-the-economy-only-a-little-says-an-economic-historian

How many businesses do you own, Andy? I don't mean manage, I mean making the day to day decisions on production. marketing, advertising, building your brand, hiring, evaluating your employee's, streamlining your business to maximize production, deaking with industry legislative issues, cash flow management etc. have you ever had to get an emergency loan from the bank just so you can meet payroll because you had too much money in accounts recievable?

From selling their Obama Phones of course...

That Obama paid for out of his "stash". :D

I do. As usual this is where you wiggle around and never admit anything.

Subject change incoming.....

Nope, this is where you go back and read what I said about the economy never "recovering" and realize I wasn't talking about who was to blame. It's also where you come to terms with the fact that your zeal to defend Obama overtook your objectivity and then in an attempt to weasel out of your dilemma, you accuse me of what you just did.

Now, try one more time. I said the economy would never recover. It's right there in the thread title. Nothing about who was to blame.

Now, read the thread title and then read your response. Here it is for you.

There's plenty of good argument to make on how this administration has dealt with the collapse, but to try and blame the collapse on Obama is downright silliness

See the disconnect?

I don't own any businesses. I made my point twice, as clearly as I could, with support from an external source, and now you want to change the subject. You are not worth my time. Continue your anti-Obama rant. Have fun. By the way, if you own businesses and find yourself running to the bank for emergency loans all the time, you might want to think about restructuring a few things.

Obama is like a virus that came in and disrupted the natural flow

Reads to me like you're blaming Obama.

That said, it's total nonsense that the economy will never recover 'under obama'. It'll recover under Obama, or Romney, or the President thereafter, or we as a nation will be done (not likely just yet).

If you think I have any zeal for Obama, you're out of your mind. He's been an incredible disappointment. I've said that on this forum before.

edit: Cleaned up the post so I could address the issue, instead of the poster.
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

I don't own any businesses. I made my point twice, as clearly as I could, with support from an external source, and now you want to change the subject. You are not worth my time. Continue your anti-Obama rant. Have fun. By the way, if you own businesses and find yourself running to the bank for emergency loans all the time, you might want to think about restructuring a few things.

See, Andy, that was my point. You have never run anything. All of your knowledge comes from someone telling you how it is. You have absolutely no idea of what effect the loonyness of Obama's policies have on real world businesses. Perhaps if more people would lose their fear of failure and leave the comfort of that weekly paycheck, they would start to gain some real insightful knowledge instead of what's taught in the academic world.

Fail. Again...as usual.

Total nonsense that the economy will never recover 'under obama'. It'll recover under Obama, or Romney, or the President thereafter, or we as a nation will be done (not likely just yet).

If you think I have any zeal for Obama, you're out of your mind. He's been an incredible disappointment. I've said that on this forum before.

I'd offer you some advice about throwing stones in glass houses (re: objectivity), but it'd go way over your head. Objectivity, and you, don't belong in the same sentence ;)

Ian

Nice personal attack. And from a moderator no less. I have been banned for much less. You already lost the discussion, you just haven't realized it yet.