brenthutch

Obama with and without teleprompter

I’m irritated when I read “such and such is not that bright.” The guy made it to President. You cannot be an idiot and do that.

I have long CREDITED the President for his use of teleprompter because it’s a smart thing. The President himself recognizes his limitations. That is, speaking off the cuff can get him in trouble. It has some drawbacks – he hasn’t practiced enough without it. I think that showed in the debates.

But I don’t think it’s “not too bright.”

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I’m irritated when I read “such and such is not that bright.” The guy made it to President. You cannot be an idiot and do that.

I think the academic history alone shows that to be a stupid statement. Unlike the former guy, who was clearly a legacy admit at Yale, Obama proved his intellectual chops.

OTOH, I think it's now more than fair to say that he is not a great speaker....his brilliance in 2008 was aided by the teleprompter and without it, he is no standout, not a Democratic version of the Great Communicator, Ronnie.

I don't think Obama is stupid, he just does not believe in many of the things he was struggling to say during the debate. If you actually believe in something, it comes naturally to your head. It is second nature as the thoughts go from your brain to your speech. When you speak a second language, you can not translate in your head, you have to think the language. Does anyone actually think Obama believes in the free market? If they do maybe I can interest them in a nice ocean front time share property during the late Spring and early Summer months in Bangladesh.

Obama is nothing more than the Hollywood President. He had no time to meet with other world leaders when they are in the country but he has plenty of time to appear on "The View" and on "Letterman".

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

You've got property in Bangladesh ?? Kool; so we have that in common.
Fact is, the debate was about the economy, taxes, health care - things Obama can't really brag about, so it's not surprising he didn't have much to say. It's a lot easier to say, "This is what I'm going to do" than "This is what I've done" unless you've done a lot.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

Fact is, the debate was about the economy, taxes, health care - things Obama can't really brag about, so it's not surprising he didn't have much to say. It's a lot easier to say, "This is what I'm going to do" than "This is what I've done" unless you've done a lot.

he did a lot with health care...just not necessarily what everyone thinks should be done. But let's remember it was 19 years ago that Hillary fell on her face on the same issue.

On taxes both parties agreed to not do anything until after the election. And then, reality time. I hope no one plans their finances around the lies being told by both candidates.

on the economy - you can question who if anyone gets the credit, but the S&P is sitting at 1460 - more than double where it was at the low in May 2009 and still well over the 900s when he took office.

I think the academic history alone shows that to be a stupid statement. Unlike the former guy, who was clearly a legacy admit at Yale, Obama proved his intellectual chops. .

So lets see his transcripts.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

he did a lot with health care...just not necessarily what everyone thinks should be done. But let's remember it was 19 years ago that Hillary fell on her face on the same issue.

On taxes both parties agreed to not do anything until after the election. And then, reality time. I hope no one plans their finances around the lies being told by both candidates.

on the economy - you can question who if anyone gets the credit, but the S&P is sitting at 1460 - more than double where it was at the low in May 2009 and still well over the 900s when he took office.

So big props to Obama for enriching the 1%

Very few are as bright as many give credit for. And very few are as dumb as given credit for.

Put another way; very few are as bright as they think they are. (Myself included) The whole "Obama is a “Master of the Universe" is a narrative that is not disposed of by his camp. Live by it die by it.

I think the academic history alone shows that to be a stupid statement. Unlike the former guy, who was clearly a legacy admit at Yale, Obama proved his intellectual chops. .

The dog ate them.

unnecessary to the point at hand. Harvard Law doesn't do legacy admits and they don't pick their bottom quartile students to head the Law Review, nor do they graduate with honors. The U of Chicago also does not select lesser candidates to be part of their program, not on a core subject like constitutional law.