linebckr83

Why is it always about race?

http://news.yahoo.com/despite-pleas-missing-sc-boy-falls-wayside-161557854.html

I don't get it. Tons of kids go missing every single day and they never make national news, but because this one is black...THAT HAS TO BE THE REASON WHY NO ONE CARES! Give me a break. That doesn't have a damn thing to do with it.

They compare it to Casey Anthony's case several times in the article. I'm not exactly sure why the Anthony case got as much attention as it did, but that's a rare occurance. Why can't race be kept out of it? I think racism is as bad as it is because of the people trying to prove that it is bad. Read 'Al Sharpton' here.

Whoever did this deserves a sick punishment just the rest of the pedo's and kidnappers, whether the kid is white or black or purple.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

It's more cute-ism than race-ism -- the cute ones (very often blond) seem to get the most attention. That and the ones with rich parents, or ones who are internet-savvy. I.e. the ones who are most likely to have news consumers be interested in them [:/]

You can do the math on what ethnic groups those correlate with. It probably varies from market to market. But we're talking news economics here, not public safety.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It's sad. Too bad there can't be a way to get every case the attention it deserves. Luckily the Anthony case had nothing to do with race or it would have been even more of a shit show than it already was. I think this kid is just as cute as any others, but I see what you mean.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

http://news.yahoo.com/despite-pleas-missing-sc-boy-falls-wayside-161557854.html

I don't get it. Tons of kids go missing every single day and they never make national news, but because this one is black...THAT HAS TO BE THE REASON WHY NO ONE CARES! Give me a break. That doesn't have a damn thing to do with it.

They compare it to Casey Anthony's case several times in the article. I'm not exactly sure why the Anthony case got as much attention as it did, but that's a rare occurance. Why can't race be kept out of it? I think racism is as bad as it is because of the people trying to prove that it is bad. Read 'Al Sharpton' here.

Whoever did this deserves a sick punishment just the rest of the pedo's and kidnappers, whether the kid is white or black or purple.

In the end race is used today for two main purposes IMO (I am NOT saying there is no racism today)

1) Money. Racism, as seen today in the media is meant to keep the issue more volital to keep the race industry with positive cash flow

2) It is used as a tool to try and silence opposing views (political correctness)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Really? Name the last missing black kid that was in the news. You can't, because there wasn't one.

Missing/dead white kids, especially girls, are always all over the news.

Umm...can't name any of those, either. :S
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I know there are lots more, but I intentionally avoid that kind of "news".

How ummmm...noble?

It is basically useless info:

Nearly 800,000 children younger than 18 are missing each year, or an average of 2,185 children reported missing each day.

source

Thats one child missing every 40 seconds. Can't be worried about all of them can you?
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Thats one child missing every 40 seconds. Can't be worried about all of them can you?

If a child that doesn't belong to someone I know goes missing and starts more than a 24-hour-child-wandering-distance away from me, it doesn't concern me and I don't really care.

Why is it always about race?

Because race is such a sensitive issue in this country. It becomes extremely easy to discredit others by playing the race card. You've experienced this in the other thread with dan's ad hom attacks against you. All he has to do is call you racist and it frees him from actually having to debate you....

They pull the same crap by calling people bad, condescending and insulting christians, all the while promoting the virtue of Christ...it's a beautiful thing!

It's like we got them working for us and they don't even know it...

You see, they're more concerned with PA's, while we're looking at the bigger picture...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

You've experienced this in the other thread with dan's ad hom attacks against you. All he has to do is call you racist and it frees him from actually having to debate you....

Bullshit and you know it.

They pull the same crap by calling people bad, condescending and insulting christians, all the while promoting the virtue of Christ...it's a beautiful thing!

More bullshit, but if it makes you feel better, then what the heck.

You see, they're more concerned with PA's, while we're looking at the bigger picture...

Yeah, you've never posted anything less than flattering about anyone. Oh wait, you just made a whole post about how you're better than me.

- Dan G

Yeah, you've never posted anything less than flattering about anyone. Oh wait, you just made a whole post about how you're better than me.

Not saying this is what he did but, throwing the same bs back is an effective tactic
Abraham Lincoln

Seriously? This coming from the rubber/glue master.

You really should reread your back-and-forths with kallend. I've yet to see either of you take the high road.

:D:D

From the high road master:D
Abraham Lincoln

That's me.;)

I admit you have frequently aimed at the high road with me. However, I also see you as a victim from the tone of your posts. That is to say you personalize non-personal replies.

Just my opinion, it don't mean squat.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

You've experienced this in the other thread with dan's ad hom attacks against you. All he has to do is call you racist and it frees him from actually having to debate you....

Bullshit and you know it.

Ok, I'll admit that you don't seem to cower away from debate and that your posts for the most part are reasonably substantial when compared to other posters here, but I still think my statement holds true in general.

More bullshit, but if it makes you feel better, then what the heck.

You can call me a bad christian all you want, but if you're promoting the virtue of the life Christ led, then that's all that really matters.

Ron and I have already admitted our hostility and expressed how we need some work in that area....but I still have yet to hear any of your ilk admit their antagonism....and you're the ones that bitch the most about it.

...But I'm not surprised. None of this really matters to those guys. All that matters is that they somehow cast christianity in a negative light:

-If christians are bold and indignant, then they are unchristlike hypocrites.

-If they are humble, then they are timid and weak.

-If they are zealous, then they are delusional freaks

-If they are looking for strength in faith, then they are feeble-minded fools searching for a crutch.

-If they are forgiving and turn the other cheek, then they are just cowards who let everybody walk all over them...

So see, you can't win with theses people's mentality and warped perspective...

-If christians are bold and indignant, then they are unchristlike hypocrites.

-If they are humble, then they are timid and weak.

-If they are zealous, then they are delusional freaks

-If they are looking for strength in faith, then they are feeble-minded fools searching for a crutch.

-If they are forgiving and turn the other cheek, then they are just cowards who let everybody walk all over them...

So see, you can't win with theses people's mentality and warped perspective...

You've projected all of that. Well most of it, anyway. I'll admit there are some posters here who are violently anti-Christian, but you tend to treat everyone as an attacker, even people who just want to discuss things openly. You're more violently anti-atheist than most people are anti-Christian.

- Dan G

You've projected all of that. Well most of it, anyway.

There have been examples of all of them in this forum over the years...

I'll admit there are some posters here who are violently anti-Christian, but you tend to treat everyone as an attacker, even people who just want to discuss things openly.

This is true, this is true...I've caught myself a few times doing that, lately. I certainly could be more careful in that regard...but let's face it, when I hear some of the questions, It's hard to tell if some people are just being smart asses or if they're really that ignorant....and at other times, the typical violent anti-christian types may appear to be sincere all of a sudden, but we know better.

...and I've been commended many times by both liberals/conservatives and theists/atheists alike for my many moderate posts and positive perspective over the past 5 years. They just don't get that much attention....and if you haven't read them, then you lack the information to make an accurate judgement about me...either that or you're just being disingenuous.

You're more violently anti-atheist than most people are anti-Christian.

Well ya...if I'm resisting the antagonism then I have to be. Don't get all pissy just because I'm the better asshole...what can I say, I like a good fight.

...and the same thing could be said for the anti-christs in this forum when compared to most "anti-atheist" types in society, but I'm willing to bet that none of us play the role of the asshole in real life as well as we perform it in these forums.

Now enough about me...if somebody wants to post some ignorant misconception about christiany, please do...I'd love the opportunity to offer my perspective and post some scripture to literally annoy the hell out of ya.:P