kallend

Penn State football penalties

It's going to get worse than people think... 9 players have already defected to other teams... maybe more.

We got one of them.

But that's about the win total...if the fans stand by the team, that is only a temporary (well, decade long) drop. If they're bandwagon fans like USC, then it will suffer longer. And if they drop the team because they can't accept the behavior, then again this has nothing to do with the NCAA decision.

… it is almost as pathetic as those who quote "98% of climate scientists” Hapless lemmings without the ability to analyze data and make an independent decision of their own.

That's rich, coming from a guy who believes that the data indicate that the fear of Obama being elected is what caused the rate of job loss to increase. :S
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

>That's rich, coming from a guy who believes that the data indicate that the fear
>of Obama being elected is what caused the rate of job loss to increase.

I think fear of Obama is overall good for the economy.

Fear of Obama -> right wingers blood pressure increases
Blood pressure increase -> more visits to ER's, more demand for vasodilators
Increased demand for vasodilators -> more jobs for US drug companies

You quote the "Freeh report" as gospel, it is almost as pathetic as those who quote "98% of climate scientists” Hapless lemmings without the ability to analyze data and make an independent decision of their own. That makes me sad.

so which part do you wish to challenge? That numerous boys got ass fucked over the past 10+ years? Or there had been witnesses, ones that reported it up the line to see nothing was done, and saw that their careers would do better with silence?

Are you related to the Paterno's by chance? I can't wait for their blue ribbon report. "It was a hispanic man that did it!"

You quote the "Freeh report" as gospel, it is almost as pathetic as those who quote "98% of climate scientists” Hapless lemmings without the ability to analyze data and make an independent decision of their own. That makes me sad.

Did you see me quote the Freeh Report? No. I asked you to read it. To educate yourself about the actual findings rather than going with your visceral feelings. Given that we don't have all the data as outsiders, and the investigators for the report did have all the data and presented it in a remarkably easy to read format, why would you not read it?

You never did answer the question about what sanctions if any you would find 'fair' given the extreme lack of oversight of the football program and culture in which that was allowed to happen. You also have not answered if a woman should not got to prison because her children will suffer?

PSU fans are quite loyal, almost pathologically devoted beyond reason (as you have quite nicely demonstrated here for us all :P). As a result, I doubt that the impact on local economy will be insurmountable.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

so which part do you wish to challenge? That numerous boys got ass fucked over the past 10+ years? Or there had been witnesses, ones that reported it up the line to see nothing was done, and saw that their careers would do better with silence?

Are you related to the Paterno's by chance? I can't wait for their blue ribbon report. "It was a hispanic man that did it!"

No all of that is very clear, I just don’t see how just because something horrible happened that it is a result of institutional culture. Pedophile rapes boys, four other guys make bad decisions = there must be something wrong with the other 99.999% of the people.
In fact upon further reflection you might be right. Four guys make a bad decision, to protect the well-earned, justified and stellar reputation of the larger institution. So I retract, Penn State’s reputation was so good that it made it impossible for men in power to do the right thing. If there was no reputation to protect there would have been no problem. Now I see the light, Penn State is so good that it is bad.

>Four guys make a bad decision, to protect the well-earned, justified and stellar
>reputation of the larger institution.

As an institution that sheltered a pedophile and enabled his crime, your depiction of its reputation as "stellar" is unfounded. Its reputation has just suffered a serious blow. It may recover; time will tell.