kallend

What else is he hiding?

Well, its not like he killed a border agent or anything. Or killed a US citizen w/o due process...

The President didn't kill a border agent, drug gangs did.

The President didn't kill a terrorist without due process, there was a process, you just arent privy to it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>You said quite clearly that you'd support him even if he were a proven liar or felon, so
>what part of Bill's statement was inaccurate?

Well, Gravitymaster said he'd vote for Romney over Obama even if Romney:

-lied about when he left Bain
-was a felon
-was lying about other things

To be fair, if Romney murdered someone tomorrow, then that wouldn't be covered under those conditions, and Gravitymaster conceivably might consider not voting for him.

Pathetic. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Well, its not like he killed a border agent or anything. Or killed a US citizen w/o due process...

The President didn't kill a terrorist without due process, there was a process, you just arent privy to it.

I'm sure that Doctor sitting in that Pakistani prison being beaten daily because he help find Bin Laden doesn't share your glee. I'm sure he didn't appreciate being exposed so Obama could do some chest thumping and have another campaign victory.

Really? Are you suggesting that if at any point in time any other President, past or future would have backed off the killing of Bin Laden just to spare some foreign national informant?

They might back for any number of reasons, but I doubt that's one of them.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

And before you start your usual word parsing, I' not getting into a multiple page thread with you where you try and tell me what I said.

probably a good thing, since post 87 was pretty clear. It shouldn't take multiple pages to acknowledge the obvious.

>You said quite clearly that you'd support him even if he were a proven liar or felon, so
>what part of Bill's statement was inaccurate?

Well, Gravitymaster said he'd vote for Romney over Obama even if Romney:

-lied about when he left Bain
-was a felon
-was lying about other things

To be fair, if Romney murdered someone tomorrow, then that wouldn't be covered under those conditions, and Gravitymaster conceivably might consider not voting for him.

Well, most murders result in felony convictions, but you're right, it would take longer than November for that to occur.

Have at it, Mittens!

And before you start your usual word parsing, I' not getting into a multiple page thread with you where you try and tell me what I said.

Yes it was clear. To everyone but you, apparently.
probably a good thing, since post 87 was pretty clear. It shouldn't take multiple pages to acknowledge the obvious.

Drug gangs given weapons by said President (or actions there of).

Pardon me for wanting the President to have to follow the 5th Amendment. It should worry the crap out of anyone that the precedent has now been set that a POTUS can execute a US citizen solely because he's on the "naughty" list.

Oh wait, I see where you're going. I mean, a govt would *never* abuse such a huge gain in power, right? A govt would never use this new found ability to silence opposition, make up things for the public to eat up, and then just dispense "justice" without a trial. Right? History totally flies in the face of my concern. I recant. /sarcasm
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

Drug gangs given weapons by said President (or actions there of).

OK, but enough about the Taliban and Ronald Reagan.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I can't seem to find anywhere in this lack of facts filled fairy tale where Romney broke any laws. Perhaps you can point that out for us.

It isn't (totally) about whether Romney technically broke any laws. Certainly on the edge, but I don't have any reason to think that he intentionally would break any. It is more about exposing how the very rich can take advantage of situations to pay a much lower percentage in taxes than someone who only makes a couple of hundred thousand per year (essentially all earned income) has to pay.

I just glanced at it. He made just less than $21M. He gave a little over $4M to charity and paid just over $3M in federal taxes.

He easily put more into the federal treasury in one year than I ever will. He gave even more to charity. Meanwhile, he was working for free as Governor. And people complain he isn't doing his 'fair share'? Since I've seen no assertion that he cheats on his taxes, I'm guessing people think he should ignore the tax law and instead donate larger portions of his income to try to appease his detractors?

I think some people define the word 'fair' as roughly, 'I want more of someone else's stuff'.

and to put parity and fairness in perspective, from an overall point of view http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

So, it is about jealousy and not illegality?

Matt

Yep. Wealth people already pay a lot more than their fair share as a percentage of all taxes. This is nothing more than wanting someone else to pay for your life choices.

"Fair" is a meaningless concept in the context of taxation.

I just glanced at it. He made just less than $21M. He gave a little over $4M to charity and paid just over $3M in federal taxes.

He easily put more into the federal treasury in one year than I ever will. He gave even more to charity. Meanwhile, he was working for free as Governor. And people complain he isn't doing his 'fair share'? Since I've seen no assertion that he cheats on his taxes, I'm guessing people think he should ignore the tax law and instead donate larger portions of his income to try to appease his detractors?

I think some people define the word 'fair' as roughly, 'I want more of someone else's stuff'.

and to put parity and fairness in perspective, from an overall point of view http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html

Pretty meaningless numbers unless you compare those numbers with the % of national wealth held by the top 1%, 5%, etc?

You aren't going to raise a lot of revenue by taxing an indigent homeless person.

Matt

Yep. Wealth people already pay a lot more than their fair share as a percentage of all taxes. This is nothing more than wanting someone else to pay for your life choices.

"Fair" is a meaningless concept in the context of taxation.

Not according to Obama and the Democrats.

Matt

I don't begrudge Romney his wealth. Given the longstanding tradition of candidates releasing tax returns and being transparent about their income, I suspect Romney's returns must contain information he believes would cost him the election. If he thinks they're that bad, well, he's probably right.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)