kallend

ACA upheld

as a tax....this is gonna be weird until it's all sorted.

Yeah right!
Right now as it stands what i pay for health care is tax deductible...so is this a tax that is tax deductable?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Yeah right!
Right now as it stands what i pay for health care is tax deductible...so is this a tax that is tax deductable?

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3649416;search_string=tax%20credit;#3649416

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

From what I understand, what was upheld was the tax that is enforced if you do not buy insurance. The "individual mandate". So the tax comes into play when you are not paying for health care directly.

At least it wasn't upheld under the guise of interstate commerce. Interstate commerce is misused and abused enough as it is.
--
Rob

Yeah right!

My sales, property, and excise taxes are deductible.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

So since when has the president ever had the authority to create a tax????

Now they've shit on another part of our constitution.
The supremes are proving they are not concerned with constitutional law.

Did you miss the parts where the House and Senate passed the law?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Sure. Credits if on welfare.

I'm curious to see the situation like this:

My typical out of pocket costs on insurance that currently costs me over $200 / month for family coverage (a portion of that after taxes as well) - can easily be $5000/year.

So if I'm on welfare and getting insurance through the government....who pays the out of pocket costs?

Someone on welfare sure as hell won't.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brycecovert/2012/06/28/obamacare-decision-why-women-are-the-big-winners-health-care-supreme-court/
check this out! wow the ladies should be very happy!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

This is the rationale (very, very simplified):

Congress has the power to impose a tax. Congress also has the power to give you a credit against that tax if you do something (like buy health care). So you can purchase health care or pay the tax. Your choice.

The fact that it wasn't worded as a tax doesn't make it not a tax. (Actually, it does for the purpose of the Injunction Act because of the wording of that Act, but it doesn't when you ask the question "does Congress have the power to do this?").

I recall Doc Kallend making the point a few months back that it was effectively a tax. The Supremes agreed with him.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

I recall Doc Kallend making the point a few months back that it was effectively a tax. The Supremes agreed with him.

Yes, they often call me for advice on tricky cases;)

No refunds????
:o

I want to see how much credit I will get for the amount of insurance I'm currently buying. Plus the general insurance fund contribution for that matter.

I think maybe you should read the provisions of the act before asking irrelevant questions. I'm going to guess that all you've read is lying GOP propaganda.