kallend

ACA upheld

>Therefore it is a TAX

Romney disagrees; you'd have to take it up with him.

>You are not entitled to your own facts

Is Romney?

What Romeny says at this point means nothing

It was argued as a tax and it passed constitutionally in the SC based on that argument

It is a tax

Period

So Romney IS a liar according to you.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>That lie got blown out of the water upthread

Might want to tell this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTByvLtYIYA&feature=player_embedded

In case anyone can't get the video, it's Romney defending the individual mandate part of Romneycare.

Ok

And Obama said the AHA mandate was not a tax

So they both are lieing

Imagine that, polititions who lie

Congress says it isn't a tax. ROMNEY says it isn't a tax. Roberts says it is. He said she said.

Verelli (Lead counsel for the gov't) said it was, too.

"U.S. Solicitor General Donald Verrilli used the phrase “tax penalty” multiple times to describe the individual mandate’s backstop. He portrayed the fee as a penalty by design, but one that functions as a tax because it’s collected through the tax code."

Good point

I had forgotten that they had argued it as a tax

If you fail to pay your estimated taxes on time and are assessed a PENALTY by the IRS, is that a tax?

Is every $ collected by the IRS for whatever reason a tax?

Take it up with the SC

They say you are wrong
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Therefore it is a TAX

Romney disagrees; you'd have to take it up with him.

>You are not entitled to your own facts

Is Romney?

What Romeny says at this point means nothing

It was argued as a tax and it passed constitutionally in the SC based on that argument

It is a tax

Period

So Romney IS a liar according to you.

Fair enough

So is Obama as I stated eariler

You are lying too
Abraham Lincoln

In case anyone can't get the video, it's Romney defending the individual mandate part of Romneycare.

Ok

So they both are lieing

Congress says it isn't a tax. ROMNEY says it isn't a tax. Roberts says it is. He said she said.

"U.S. Solicitor General Donald Verrilli used the phrase “tax penalty” multiple times to describe the individual mandate’s backstop. He portrayed the fee as a penalty by design, but one that functions as a tax because it’s collected through the tax code."

Good point

If you fail to pay your estimated taxes on time and are assessed a PENALTY by the IRS, is that a tax?

Take it up with the SC

They say you are wrong

Can't answer, can you? The SC said it was constitutional under the taxing authority of the Congress, which is not the same at all.

>What Romeny says at this point means nothing

So what Romney says about the legal status of an act based on HIS healthcare reform is irrelevant. But what Kallend said is critical.

Interesting that you think Kallend's opinions are more relevant than Romney's.

Ok

So they both are lieing

Good point

Take it up with the SC

They say you are wrong

Can't answer, can you? The SC said it was constitutional under the taxing authority of the Congress, which is not the same at all.

I did answer

It passed as a tax under the authority of congress to tax

If it is not, it in not constitutional acording to the SC
Abraham Lincoln

>What Romeny says at this point means nothing

So what Romney says about the legal status of an act based on HIS healthcare reform is irrelevant. But what Kallend said is critical.

Interesting that you think Kallend's opinions are more relevant than Romney's.

Got nothing to do with what you post

He (and you) have framed the debate to get an answer that will make you feel better I guess

But it is a straw man

The SC said it is a tax

The Obama admin argued it as being a tax

So, it is a tax

Romney could say corps man 15 times while he visits the 57th state and he is still better than Obama
Abraham Lincoln

>He (and you) have framed the debate to get an answer that will make you feel better I guess

?? I'm not looking for any answer. Unlike the GOP, I'm going to go with the Supreme Court on this one, rather than Romney.

But you can go with whoever you like. Even Kallend.

>Romney could say corps man 15 times while he visits the 57th state and he is
>still better than Obama

To you he is, and that's fine with me.

>He (and you) have framed the debate to get an answer that will make you feel better I guess

?? I'm not looking for any answer. Unlike the GOP, I'm going to go with the Supreme Court on this one, rather than Romney.

But you can go with whoever you like. Even Kallend.

>Romney could say corps man 15 times while he visits the 57th state and he is
>still better than Obama

To you he is, and that's fine with me.

I am going with the SC too

And if you was not looking for an answer then why go with kallends lame attempt at going after Romeny to try and support Obama's lie?

I have not heard the Romeny comment. If he said that he is wrong at best lying at worst

We know for sure Obama is lying

You and he straw manned the Romeny portion of this

Not me
Abraham Lincoln

>And if you was not looking for an answer then why go with kallends lame attempt
>at going after Romeny to try and support Obama's lie?

?? It's what his campaign said. If you think that paints him as a liar, then you can feel that way if you like.

It's interesting to see his thinking on this, since Obamacare is based in large part on Romneycare - and he supported all the things he is now criticizing.

And the individual mandate done by a state does not implicate the commerce clause in the sense that it exceeds Congressional authority to regulate interstate commerce. Comparing a state doing something to the feds doing something is apples to oranges. Just like the states are pre-empted from doing some things, so too are the feds.

Note: states can run afoul of the Commerce Clause if they take actions that DO have an effect of regulating interstate commerce. (The Dormant Commerce Clause). If Romney had sought an individual mandate to all persons who have ever had any commercial activities linked with Massachussetts the putting Obama out there as supporting an individual mandate on the nation will not be an effective counterargument to Obama decrying a state acting in excess of its authority.

It's a very, very crucial difference that is lost in the political games.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>Comparing a state doing something to the feds doing something is apples to oranges.

Constitutionally - yes, since the Constitution treats states and the federal government very differently.

To the individual there is almost no difference. In this respect (the mandate) it is essentially identical - you have to get health insurance or the government comes after you with a tax/fee/penalty.

>And if you was not looking for an answer then why go with kallends lame attempt
>at going after Romeny to try and support Obama's lie?

?? It's what his campaign said. If you think that paints him as a liar, then you can feel that way if you like.

It's interesting to see his thinking on this, since Obamacare is based in large part on Romneycare - and he supported all the things he is now criticizing.

Obama calls it evolving
Abraham Lincoln

Then why not just have the gov't subsidize medical insurance for those who truely can't afford it? That's what they are going to do under this plan anyway. It what the gov't always does for people who can't manage to feed themselves, put a roof over their heads etc.

You could ask Mr. Etch-a Sketch Mitt Romney. His Romneycare is almost indistinguishable from ACA.

That lie got blown out of the water upthread - should rightly be called "Patrickcare".

Ummm, wut?

First, I couldn't find the reference "upthread".

But regardless, the Massachusetts health care insurance reform law passed the Mass. General Court (what we call our legislature) in 2006 and was signed by then-Governor Romney on April 12, 2006. Governor Patrick didn't even get the nomination to run as the candidate for the Democrats until September of 2006; he was elected Governor of the Commonwealth in November 2006.

While I think Sal DiMasi (then the Speaker of the House) did a lot more to push it through the General Court, it's completely disingenuous (that's a polite way of saying bullshit) to give credit and/or blame to Gov. Patrick considering he wasn't in office until well after that.

<-- Neutral on the ACA.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Then why not just have the gov't subsidize medical insurance for those who truely can't afford it? That's what they are going to do under this plan anyway. It what the gov't always does for people who can't manage to feed themselves, put a roof over their heads etc.

You could ask Mr. Etch-a Sketch Mitt Romney. His Romneycare is almost indistinguishable from ACA.

That lie got blown out of the water upthread - should rightly be called "Patrickcare".

Ummm, wut?

But regardless, the Massachusetts health care insurance reform law passed the Mass. General Court (what we call our legislature) in 2006 and was signed by then-Governor Romney on April 12, 2006. Governor Patrick didn't even get the nomination to run as the candidate for the Democrats until September of 2006; he was elected Governor of the Commonwealth in November 2006.

While I think Sal DiMasi (then the Speaker of the House) did a lot more to push it through the General Court, it's completely disingenuous (that's a polite way of saying bullshit) to give credit and/or blame to Gov. Patrick considering he wasn't in office until well after that.

<-- Neutral on the ACA.

Sorry, it's in the "What's so wrong" thread.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Ummm, wut?

<-- Neutral on the ACA.

Sorry, it's in the "What's so wrong" thread.

Have you been caught lying AGAIN?

What does that penalty go toward?

Beer and popcorn, I expect.

>Hope you paid it. Wouldn't want the IRS after you for a speeding ticket.

I doubt they would! Heck, the IRS doesn't even bug me about my property taxes, state income taxes or sales tax. (Or that speed tax.)

Unless all those things aren't taxes to the GOP?