billvon

Proof evolution is a fraud

True, the placebo effect can produce an impressive 20-30% response. Kind of demonstrates how we are hard wired to believe in something outside of ourselves.

I think it kind of demonstrates the all around gullibility of most humans, how easy they are to manipulate, and how badly most look for someone to follow rather than take the lead.

Take the lead from who, God?!?!

That seems more closely related to santanism, whether Theistic or LaVey...

...but if you mean those who follow mere humans, then I think examples of those can be found in all walks of life, both religiously and secularly, whether they blindly follow a pastor or Lady Gaga.

However, for the most part, I think the idea of "following" someone starts at a very young age when we decide what we are to be and who to look up to. Some children want to be better than Federer, while others simply want to be a good fireman like their dad - and this mentality follows us through life, depending on our goals. There are always others to whom you can look up - those who serve as an example. No shame in that.

As for biblical christians, we are to be perfect - and you can't be better than perfect so as to take the "lead..."

There is certainly a process to get to this perfection both physically and spiritually...and we all start out at different times and stages in our life. We don't often hear from christians who have figured it all out and have gained this perfection because they're all dead...hence a new perspective on the old joke that the only good christian is a dead one...

“The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground. He sleeps and rises night and day, and the seed sprouts and grows; he knows not how. The earth produces by itself, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear. But when the grain is ripe, at once he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come.”
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

So how does this work exactly?

Bring yourself into a susceptible state, implant a suggestion, choose to believe the suggestion. The term self-hypnosis probably covers most of it.

Ah, self hypnosis...that makes more sense. The faith that I've come to know isn't anything like that, but I'm sure there are many "religious cheap tricks" like that, as you put it...I suspect they're coming from those who subscribe to a man-centered theology, rather than a God-centered one.

Ah, self hypnosis...that makes more sense.

Yes, it does. The functionality of (self-)hypnosis has been researched, so if you want to argue with science, be my guest and be a Christian.

a man-centered theology, rather than a God-centered one.

All theology is man-made and man-centred.

Yes, it does. The functionality of (self-)hypnosis has been researched, so if you want to argue with science, be my guest and be a Christian.

a man-centered theology, rather than a God-centered one.

All theology is man-made and man-centred.

"In the beginning, god created man. Man, being a gentleman, returned the favor." Clarence Darrow

Yes, it does. The functionality of (self-)hypnosis has been researched, so if you want to argue with science, be my guest and be a Christian

You stated that you still utilize "cheap religious tricks" to cure your headaches...when asked to elaborate, you changed your story and called it "self-hypnosis."

You stated that you still utilize "cheap religious tricks" to cure your headaches...when asked to elaborate, you changed your story and called it "self-hypnosis."

Inducing a susceptible trance like (dare I say "hypnotic") state by in your religious flock by various means before pumping their heads full of bullshit is about the oldest trick in the book. I induce a similar state and also pump in BS but the type of BS that has a beneficial effect. Concrete example: I sort of brainwashed myself into thinking I want to take a deep breath whenever I crave a cigarette. Works like a chime despite the fact it's BS.

Inducing a susceptible trance like (dare I say "hypnotic") state by in your religious flock by various means before pumping their heads full of bullshit is about the oldest trick in the book.

Ya, I've worked briefly for a church that adopted this technique by allowing various "prophets" (who roam the country) to speak in their church. It's pretty powerful and scary stuff at times...practically demonic. Their primary purpose was for monetary gain...maybe even to deliberately lead some people away.

I'm sorry if that was your experience and have been taken by these wolves...I believe scripture says that the hottest flames of hell are reserved for them.

As I said, the faith I've come to know has nothing to do with these strongholds other than to tear them down.

To me there's no such thing as "true Christianity" There's thousands of different brands, and some do use these kinds of techniques but that doesn't make them any less Christian in my eyes. Btw, I wasn't specifically referring to Christianity, an you might confuse hypnosis with something else. Hypnosis is nothing more than inducing certain state of mind that naturally occurs in humans anyway.

Very sharp! :)
But like a charm indeed. Charms often also tend to work if you (choose to) believe they work.

There are two guys guy that always bring a shark's tooth to the poker game as a good luck charm...I told them "well, it didn't work so well for the shark."

...anyway, they always lose...but you know, donks need all the luck they can get.

There was another guy talking about the poker gods...some other guy said, "God told me that when you I to the poker table, you're on your own."

Yes, it does. The functionality of (self-)hypnosis has been researched, so if you want to argue with science, be my guest and be a Christian

The "cheap religious trick" is what you believe is right. The "self-hypnosis" is taking that "trick" and making it part of you.

Smoke meth, Hail Satan
Blue Skies!

If you don't like it do it yourself and shut up
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/21/RJq7qFNeoECVymQBZu1E3g2.jpg