kallend

Did Republicans deliberately crash the US economy?

I wish I had the power to vote my self a pay raise.....

Own your own business or get voted into office. You are free to try both if you are capable enough.

I might

As soon as Obama and the Dems have less power

When that happens all small businesses will have a better success rate

Too much Right Wing propaganda can really warp a person's perspective.

During the last Bush administration, when your beloved Republican Party was in power, according to your stated belief quoted here, the economy should have EXPLODED with growth. Small business, big business, the economic growth should have been absolutely SPECTACULAR!

Here is a hint, Marc. I hate to be the one to force feed you factual information, but you clearly REALLY need it. There was no spectacular economic growth. Your myth is not based in fact. It is a carefully constructed load of bullshit presented to you by the RWC media machine.

Other than military suppliers, military contractors,and the real estate/banking cabal, the economy was stagnant. As usual under Republican administrations, there was massive growth in the size of government and the budget deficit. The only time these issues matter is when Democrats are in power. Then these issues are REALLY, REALLY IMPORTANT. That is the definition of hipocracy.

Back during the Bush1 administration, IE, the previous Republican administration, didn't Bush1 lose the election mostly due to a bad economy? One term and OUT! Where was the amazing growth that happens when Democrats aren't in power?

During the last Democratic administration, how did the economy do? SPECTACULAR is a decent description.

Facts are stubborn things. No matter how strong your belief structure is, facts trump opinions every time.

You parrot the Right Wing talking points without questioning their accuracy. You are the ideal RWC follower.

Own your own business or get voted into office. You are free to try both if you are capable enough.

I might

Too much Right Wing propaganda can really warp a person's perspective.

During the last Bush administration, when your beloved Republican Party was in power, according to your stated belief quoted here, the economy should have EXPLODED with growth. Small business, big business, the economic growth should have been absolutely SPECTACULAR!

Here is a hint, Marc. I hate to be the one to force feed you factual information, but you clearly REALLY need it. There was no spectacular economic growth. Your myth is not based in fact. It is a carefully constructed load of bullshit presented to you by the RWC media machine.

Other than military suppliers, military contractors,and the real estate/banking cabal, the economy was stagnant. As usual under Republican administrations, there was massive growth in the size of government and the budget deficit. The only time these issues matter is when Democrats are in power. Then these issues are REALLY, REALLY IMPORTANT. That is the definition of hipocracy.

Back during the Bush1 administration, IE, the previous Republican administration, didn't Bush1 lose the election mostly due to a bad economy? One term and OUT! Where was the amazing growth that happens when Democrats aren't in power?

During the last Democratic administration, how did the economy do? SPECTACULAR is a decent description.

Facts are stubborn things. No matter how strong your belief structure is, facts trump opinions every time.

You parrot the Right Wing talking points without questioning their accuracy. You are the ideal RWC follower.

ANYTHING or any label you put on me is complimentary when it comes from you

thank you
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

as typical for both of you, a lot of distortion of reality.

The economy of Reagan's second term was much like the economy of Clinton's second term. And in both cases, the fun ride came to a stop in the subsequent term. 2000 was going to happen if Gore won. 9/11 was going to happen as well. So the dotcom bust recession at the beginning of the 2000s was inevitable.

Now had Shrub not bloated the government with the DSA growth and 2 extended wars, the end of his time could have been markedly different. Very hard to tell. It's likely the Feds still would have had a loose money supply, the key feeder of the real estate bubble.

I might

Well:

S&P 500, Clinton enters office: 440
S&P 500, Bush enters office: 1320
S&P 500, Bush leaves office: 850
S&P 500 today: 1358

Change during Clinton's term, +880
Change during Bush's term, -470 (that's MINUS)
Change during Obama's term: +508

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I might

Well:

Why dont you explain what this all means to you?

I dont see the S&P as the only example of the health of the economy

Do you?

Oh, but since you work for big education, the real economy does not affect you

Never mind
Abraham Lincoln

I might

Well:

Why dont you explain what this all means to you?

I dont see the S&P as the only example of the health of the economy

Do you?

Oh, but since you work for big education, the real economy does not affect you

Never mind

Russell 2000, 1st day Bush term: 490
Russell 2000, last day Bush term: 433
Russell 2000, today: 786

If you can't understand what these numbers mean, maybe you shouldn't be commenting on the state of the economy and its effect on businesses large and small.

You are a poster child for Dunning-Kruger.

Anything is better than being like you

....a poster child for O'blameo our man child president
Abraham Lincoln

-----------------
Anything is better than[...]

That's some funny shit right there! :ph34r:

Sets and interesting level now doesnt it
Abraham Lincoln

-----------------

Can you re-post that in English?

-----------------

Can you re-post that in English?

Not for you
Abraham Lincoln

Then so should have the first two years of Obama.

How did the economy do under Carter? How is the economy doing under Obama? I know you will want to blame these things on Bush.... But the facts do not support you.

Then so should have the first two years of Obama.

How did the economy do under Carter? How is the economy doing under Obama? I know you will want to blame these things on Bush.... But the facts do not support you.

Carter was a victim of the beginning of the right wing consiracy to enrich the wealthy at the expense of the middle class.

You might want to read the thread about the Rescumlicans deliberately crashing the American economy.

The temporary tax cuts that ShrubCo pushed through should have gracefully expired as planned. That would have helped the situation a lot.

Says the poster that used the S&P as an example of the health of *small* businesses.

Like I said

Any term he could use addressing another would be look up for him

:D
Abraham Lincoln

Carter was a victim of the beginning of the right wing consiracy to enrich the wealthy at the expense of the middle class.

Ah, so more "Bush did it!" but you can't use Bush since he was not in office yet.

You might want to read the thread about the Rescumlicans deliberately crashing the American economy.

Did, it was crap.

According to your own views when the Dems had the WH, Senate and House the economy should have been AWESOME... Yet it was not.

The temporary tax cuts that ShrubCo pushed through should have gracefully expired as planned. That would have helped the situation a lot.

Bill Clinton does not agree with you.

Bill Clinton does not agree with you.

Neither did Obama for while and many Dems in the Senate still agree with Clinton
Abraham Lincoln

Says the poster that used the S&P as an example of the health of *small* businesses.

I also quoted the Russell 2000 and explicitly stated businesses large and small.

Try reading what is written for a change, instead of what you'd like to be written.

I also quoted the Russell 2000 and explicitly stated businesses large and small.

Try reading what is written for a change, instead of what you'd like to be written.

You would do well to understand what many consider what a small business is. A median cap of $528 million is not what many consider a small business. Many consider a small business as one with fewer than 50 employees. You local plumber, electrician or grocery store would be a good example.

You would do well to understand what many consider what a small business is. A median cap of $528 million is not what many consider a small business. Many consider a small business as one with fewer than 50 employees. You local plumber, electrician or grocery store would be a good example.

so how do you propose that we measure their performance? They're not public companies, so there's no stock index or benchmark around them. However, since they are direct customers of the ones that are in the S&P or the Russell 3000, there is considerable correlation between them, just as you see with the two indexes.

Odds are high that if you give an alternate benchmark, Kallend is going to show the same patterns he's already shown. Though again I'd point all to my posting comparing Reagan's second term to Clinton's 2nd, and what happened to the next guy.

Where the person you replied to specified 'small businesses'. To which you responded with the S&P example.

Try taking your own advice - see explicit statement of 'small business', above. Then you can move on to using relevant examples for a change. The average market cap for a Russell index company is 1.2 BILLION dollars.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Like these guys, you mean?

Keeping businesses afloat has required sacrifices on the part of both employer and employees, the survey found. Over the past few years, business owners report that they have, at one time or another, taken less profit (78 percent), worked more hours than usual (70 percent), and used their own money to help the business survive (69 percent).

But what is most revealing is that the majority of respondents — 54 percent — say they have gone without a paycheck in order to keep the business running. And nearly one-quarter (23 percent) have gone without pay for one year or more.

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Like these guys, you mean?

Keeping businesses afloat has required sacrifices on the part of both employer and employees, the survey found. Over the past few years, business owners report that they have, at one time or another, taken less profit (78 percent), worked more hours than usual (70 percent), and used their own money to help the business survive (69 percent).

But what is most revealing is that the majority of respondents — 54 percent — say they have gone without a paycheck in order to keep the business running. And nearly one-quarter (23 percent) have gone without pay for one year or more.

It's a daily struggle for many small business owners right now. Consumers are holding onto their money due to so much insecurity in the marketplace. Spending is nothing like it was just a few years ago. We aren't hiring at all and have been forced to sub-contract some of our production because we can no longer justify certain employees in full time positions.