rushmc

Kansas Oil Boom Exposing the Lies Our President and the Enviro Wackos

ABC radio reported this morning that new drilling technics are pulling oil from wells thought to be tapped out. The reported started out by asking if the US could be energy independent in 5 yeares. Then they followed by saying it could be and that the oil in Kansas (or the whole US, I can’t remember for sure) would EXEDE Saudi Arabia and would last for up to a CENTURY!!! AND THIS IS JUST KANSAS!!!

Prediction

As the enviros can NOT allow this to happen, we will now the most fervent attempts by the EPA and all the wacko groups to get these new technics outlawed or, at the very least, regulated to such a level as to make them no longer profitable

Get ready folks as this will be a big, big fight
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

from what i have read, you seem to be talking about fracking. if this is so, the things that i have looked at say that there may be bad, unforeseen consequences in doing this. the reports i have read acknowledge the fact that it is too early to tell if any harm is going to come from it, but it really doesn't matter. the technology is here to move away from oil completely. as soon as the patent is filed, i will start a thread on an electric car that makes it's own electricity, no charging or solar panels needed. it can also be modified to run power plants. of course, that makes me an enemy of a whole lot of people, so it may not come to anything except for an obituary that none of you on this site will know anything about.
http://kitswv.com

from what i have read, you seem to be talking about fracking. if this is so, the things that i have looked at say that there may be bad, unforeseen consequences in doing this. the reports i have read acknowledge the fact that it is too early to tell if any harm is going to come from it, but it really doesn't matter. the technology is here to move away from oil completely. as soon as the patent is filed, i will start a thread on an electric car that makes it's own electricity, no charging or solar panels needed. it can also be modified to run power plants. of course, that makes me an enemy of a whole lot of people, so it may not come to anything except for an obituary that none of you on this site will know anything about.

I look forward to the info on the car

But, even if all internal combustion engines were retired, oil and gas will still be needed. Oil and gas are used for much more than engines
Abraham Lincoln

ABC radio reported this morning that new drilling technics are pulling oil from wells thought to be tapped out. The reported started out by asking if the US could be energy independent in 5 yeares. Then they followed by saying it could be and that the oil in Kansas (or the whole US, I can’t remember for sure) would EXEDE Saudi Arabia and would last for up to a CENTURY!!! AND THIS IS JUST KANSAS!!!

Prediction

As the enviros can NOT allow this to happen, we will now the most fervent attempts by the EPA and all the wacko groups to get these new technics outlawed or, at the very least, regulated to such a level as to make them no longer profitable

link
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/MadeInAmerica/oil-boom-creating-overnight-millionaires-kansas-us-energy/story?id=16297143#.T60XfVL0eSo

From the story

Because of these new processes, Goldman Sachs predicts that in just five years, the U.S. could pass Saudi Arabia and Russia as the world's largest oil producer. Finally, a decades-old dream, talked about by every U.S. president since Richard Nixon, seems possible -- energy independence.

(emphasis added)

Seems like ABC is setting a trap for Obama here

We damned good and well they will try everything in the book to try and stop this from happening
Abraham Lincoln

i was roughnecking on drilling rigs in western OK, when directional drilling was first was born. at first it was somewhat awkward with the limited down-hole tools that were available. out of that technology came the directional boring machines that most utility workers use to minimize surface damages when installing ducting.

we re-entered existing vertical wells and tried to build a kick-off to continue drilling horizontally. this procedure give more exposure to the producing zone and is also a boon for the environment in that we were using existing sites thus not having to dig as much new dirt.

another big help to exploration came with 3D Seismic Surveys. when i was working up in PA and NY we core drilled a few holes in the newer fields that we were "wild-catting" just to make sure the surveys were correct. it's amazing the technology we have today. the geologist i worked for knew pretty much to the foot mark each formation we were to encounter on our way to total depth and payday.

http://www.rri-seismic.com/Frame%20Pages/Tech%20Pages/Seismic/seismic.htm

>looks like 33-35% would buy another hybrid. gee that must mean 65-67%
>are going back to those gasoline burners!

Within 20 years most cars will be hybrids - and the green haters won't even know that the technology is in their car. It will be as ubiquitous as fuel injection is now. (When's the last time a car salesman said "and this car has FUEL INJECTION!")

Prediction

Too funny.

Prediction

Too funny.

ABC is funny?
Abraham Lincoln

Within 20 years most cars will be hybrids - and the green haters won't even know that the technology is in their car. It will be as ubiquitous as fuel injection is now. (When's the last time a car salesman said "and this car has FUEL INJECTION!")

No one that I know of dislikes improvment

Just get the gov out of it

Like the volt

takes 30k in credits to sell one?

The gov should not be in the business of picking winners

So, as you and I have agreed

Get rid of all credits and subsidies and lets see what happens
Abraham Lincoln

>No one that I know of dislikes improvment
>Just get the gov out of it
>Like the volt
>takes 30k in credits to sell one?

Right now, yes. ($12K, actually.) Hopefully that will tail off.

>The gov should not be in the business of picking winners

I elect people to pick winners over losers. I am sure you do the same; you probably wouldn't elect someone who wanted to end all highway funding in favor of high speed rail funding, for example.

But those dirty hybrids run on coal! :D
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

>But those dirty hybrids run on coal!

I hear they run on kittens!

Notice how no one has replied to the Obama statement that the US has only 2% of the worlds oil reserves?

A scare tactic at best
Abraham Lincoln

Prediction

Too funny.

ABC is funny?

The fact that you aren't getting it is even funnier :D:D:D

Prediction

Too funny.

ABC is funny?

The fact that you aren't getting it is even funnier :D:D:D

Your right

Your post is funny

:D:D

How could I have missed it

:D
Abraham Lincoln

But, even if all internal combustion engines were retired, oil and gas will still be needed. Oil and gas are used for much more than engines

roughly 2/3rds of our petro consumption is around transportation.

This article is about fracking, which I thought tended to be much more about natural gas than oil.

roughly 2/3rds of our petro consumption is around transportation.

This article is about fracking, which I thought tended to be much more about natural gas than oil.

The article (linked by another) said we would produce more oil than Saudi Arabia
Abraham Lincoln

The article (linked by another) said we would produce more oil than Saudi Arabia

From Pennsylvania and North Dakota to Texas, horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing are quickly turning the U.S. into an oil superpower. By some estimates, 2 trillion barrels of oil are waiting to be drilled -- nearly twice the reserves in the Middle East and North Africa.

comparison of "some estimates" (no source provided) to proven reserves. Given the obvious political undertones to this subject, that cannot be taken at face value.

And note that even if they are there, they are there at a fairly high price. We could get away from need to import, potentially, but not if oil drops again to 40, or even 60$/barrel. That and the environmental costs around fracking still should encourage us to find alternate methods for fueling our cars, or at the very least to continue to focus on higher economy.

>And note that even if they are there, they are there at a fairly high price.

That's the key right there. At $100 a barrel a lot of recovery technologies become feasible. But saying "we'll drill in the US and lower the price of gasoline!" is exactly backwards - we will be able to drill more in the US because the price of oil will remain HIGH.

billy moe/kallend moe, sorry i haven't been able to reply to your speil today, i have been busy all day giving follicle and urine samples to various evil oil companys to obtain gainful employment. seems like telco is on the wan and i need to eat.

please look forward to posts in the impending days

how bout you guys, how many times do libs have to pee or be plucked?

Many sites in the Eagle Ford are burning off "flaring" the natural gas as it's not cost effective to capture/store/transport. As a global commodity naturalgas doesn't pay right now. Many of these sites that have been "fracked" are producing various forms of crude/oil. - thus the mini "boom" here.

>And note that even if they are there, they are there at a fairly high price.

That's the key right there. At $100 a barrel a lot of recovery technologies become feasible. But saying "we'll drill in the US and lower the price of gasoline!" is exactly backwards - we will be able to drill more in the US because the price of oil will remain HIGH.

Uh, that is called economics.