Airgump

It didn’t work out that way....

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/05/08/why-death-europe-is-america-opportunity/

Instead, it buried Europeans under an avalanche of rules, regulations, state spending, and mounting debt, while doing nothing about an out-of-control Third World immigration problem. The debt crisis in Greece is just the most visible crack in a system that’s proved increasingly unpopular and increasingly ineffective, killing individual liberty and jobs and stunting growth.

sound familiar???

With Europe collapsing, China stumbling, and India and Brazil retreating from full free market reform, we’re the last stable, pro-growth economy left.

OhMyDearLord - leave it to Fox, and your future is just ahead you, in bright shining colours ..... bwahahahahaha ..... :D:D

It just needs the simple American mind to believe it. :ph34r:

dudeist skydiver # 3105

It just needs the simple American mind to believe it

Explain the "simple American mind."

Aint she sweet

and so humble
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Aint she sweet

and so humble

oh brother, will Germany be so humble and sweet when the rest of their union drags them down the tubes. financial desperation tends to initiate world wars.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/05/08/why-death-europe-is-america-opportunity/

Instead, it buried Europeans under an avalanche of rules, regulations, state spending, and mounting debt, while doing nothing about an out-of-control Third World immigration problem. The debt crisis in Greece is just the most visible crack in a system that’s proved increasingly unpopular and increasingly ineffective, killing individual liberty and jobs and stunting growth.

sound familiar???

Yes - it sounds just like any opinion from Fox News.

Oh, wait, it IS an opinion from Fox News.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yes - it sounds just like any opinion from Fox News.
Oh, wait, it IS an opinion from Fox News.

Correction: It's an opinion from Arthur Herman, published in Fox news. Just because it's in Fox doesn't mean it's automatically wrong. Herman has a Phd in history and a Pulitzer prize.
Mr. Herman's credentials: http://aei.org/scholar/arthur-herman/

Yeah, he's a professor, like YOU.
Do all professors not know what they're talking about?
Do you have a Pulitzer prize?

Aint she sweet

and so humble

...and she also happens to be correct.
'Mericuns...gotta love 'em, bless their little hearts.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/05/10/euro-must-go/

kallend he's another one from academia for ya.

his credentials can be found at the following link so you don't have any knee-jerk reactions of a possible FOX based/biased opinion.
http://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/lbpp/faculty/morici.aspx

I agree with him. The Euro is a mess.

However, I'm sure you missed this bit:

Government overspending did not create the mess in every troubled EU state. In Ireland and Spain, overextended banks that collapsed in the wake of the U.S. financial crisis brought down national finances.

During the 2000s, Spain enjoyed a boom in tourism and home construction, as richer northern Europeans sought vacations and second homes in its warm climate. Robust construction and property values provided Madrid with taxes revenues, and unlike Rome and Athens, it enjoyed persistent budget surpluses.

Foreigners invested in Spanish bank securities, and the latter financed a hotel and housing boom. In the wake of the global financial crisis, loans defaulted and Spain’s banks nearly failed. Unlike the Federal Reserve, Spain’s central bank could not print money to mop up the bad loans. Hence, Spain’s national government had to borrow euro in international bond markets to save its banks.

With property values collapsing and tourism flagging, international investors lost confidence in Spain’s sovereign debt, and now Madrid must impose wrenching austerity and endure 25 percent unemployment to placate creditors.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>It's an opinion from Arthur Herman, published in Fox news. Just because
>it's in Fox doesn't mean it's automatically wrong.

True, but the odds are a lot higher that it is. FOX has been caught several times fabricating news stories, statistics and quotes. In fact, in general you are better informed by not watching any news at all than by watching FOX.

"The study concludes that media sources have a significant impact on the number of questions that people were able to answer correctly. The largest effect is that of Fox News: all else being equal, someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer just 1.04 domestic questions correctly — a figure which is significantly worse than if they had reported watching no media at all."

http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2012/confirmed/

>That Fox News viewers got facts wrong does not mean it's due to
>misinformation they recieved from Fox.

True. Even though FOX specializes in deliberate misinformation, the two might be unrelated. Perhaps, for example, FOX viewers are smart enough to not listen to anything that their newscasters say, and instead just choose their positions at random.

On the other hand, that doesn't explain why FOX viewers score even lower than people who do not watch any news.

>That Fox News viewers got facts wrong does not mean it's due to
>misinformation they recieved from Fox.

True. Even though FOX specializes in deliberate misinformation, the two might be unrelated. Perhaps, for example, FOX viewers are smart enough to not listen to anything that their newscasters say, and instead just choose their positions at random.

On the other hand, that doesn't explain why FOX viewers score even lower than people who do not watch any news.

Could be due to the fact that Fox viewers tend to be older and perhaps they spend more time watching TV and less time doing other activities such as hanging out on skydiving sites.

I'm not claiming to know why, just saying it isn't necessarily due to them watching Fox. MSNBC, ABC, CNN etc. get many facts wrong as well and have been caught fabricating stories also.

>Could be due to the fact that Fox viewers tend to be older and perhaps
>they spend more time watching TV . . .

Yep. Or it could all be a vast left wing conspiracy run by Al Gore to hijack old people's TV's and feed them misinformation - but only on FOX News channels.

Still, the next time you see someone say something so mind-numbingly asinine that it stops you in your tracks - odds are he watched FOX the night before.

>Could be due to the fact that Fox viewers tend to be older and perhaps
>they spend more time watching TV . . .

Yep. Or it could all be a vast left wing conspiracy run by Al Gore to hijack old people's TV's and feed them misinformation - but only on FOX News channels.

Still, the next time you see someone say something so mind-numbingly asinine that it stops you in your tracks - odds are he watched FOX the night before.

I hear people who watch the ABC networks say pretty asinine thing, too. I don't think it's necessarily because of the TV channel they watch.

I wish people on this board would read:

“We expect that watching the news should help people learn, but the most popular of the national media sources – Fox, CNN, MSNBC – seem to be the least informative.”

Yes. Fox has a bias. So does CNN, MSNBC...most, if not all news media has a bias. Recognize the bias (I find it quite easy) and filter.

When your sole argument against something is that it comes from Fox, you are making your own bias clear. Nobody here has presented counter evidence. They just attacked the source. Poor debate skills indicative of an emotional response rather than a reasoned one.

Out of curiousity...what is Kallend a professor of? Not to be insulting. I just notice that we are often on opposite sides of a debate.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Why are you directing this at me?

Not. Yours was the last post. I hit reply to tag on to the end. This is the second time someone thought I was responding to them specifically when they were merely the last post. Is there a preferred method of adding on that prevents this miscommunication?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I wish people on this board would read:

“We expect that watching the news should help people learn, but the most popular of the national media sources – Fox, CNN, MSNBC – seem to be the least informative.”

Yes. Fox has a bias. So does CNN, MSNBC...most, if not all news media has a bias. Recognize the bias (I find it quite easy) and filter.

When your sole argument against something is that it comes from Fox, you are making your own bias clear. Nobody here has presented counter evidence. They just attacked the source. Poor debate skills indicative of an emotional response rather than a reasoned one.

Out of curiousity...what is Kallend a professor of? Not to be insulting. I just notice that we are often on opposite sides of a debate.

Ok then...

It's a load of crap. Regardless of where it comes from. Greece fudged their numbers to get into the EU. Once they were in, they borrowed like there was no tomorrow becuase they knew perfectly well that the rest of the EU would have to bail them out because the entire union was on the same currencey.
They didn't have to be responsible, so they weren't, It has nothing to do with regulations or oversight. It has to do with a lack of oversight, and a lack of following the rules.

And Professor Kallend is a professor of Physics. He's actually a very nice gentleman in person.
I don't agree with him very much on here either.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo