airdvr

The left hates mothers and housewives

The fact that everyone knows they are makes it apparent they don't hide it.

Except that is not a fact. Many people truly believe they get wonderful and honest news from them.

I think you are confusing intelligent thinking people with lemmings.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Does anyone actually think that Ann Romney has worked a day in her life? Ordering around nannies doesn't count as work.

The sad truth is the majority of rich people in the US simply inherited their business and/or wealth. Horatio Alger was a fiction author.

I don't see a problem with that. You'll note that it's those who aren't in that position who are whining about whether or not the rich actually "work" at anything. Show them a CEO and they complain that the guy isn't digging ditches.
Show them a stay-at-home wife and they complain they aren't working in a sweatshop.

I'm not sure if it's jealousy or envy that drives the complaints.

If I were the rich, I'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

Actually the majority of the "class warfare" appears to be coming from the rich lately. It's clever how they spin that isn't it? And they even have regular Joes like yourself defending them.

And, actually, that would be a wrong assumption.

The real hero in society is the single mother working 2 jobs, but they don't usually make it on Fox News or CNN.

Agreed. Wholeheartedly. And it doesn't matter how the woman got into that situation. She's handling it like the heroine she is.

Obviously you never post from an Iphone while sitting at a traffic light.

Holy bejezzus. Put the fucking phone down and drive the car.
:S:S

Yeah, yeah, yeah....I'm sitting at a light.

Meh.
Amateurs.
I'm typing this as I'm entering the pattern under a cross-braced canopy loaded at 3:1.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Meh.
Amateurs.
I'm typing this as I'm entering the pattern under a cross-braced canopy loaded at 3:1.:P

Holy Shit!
You're gonna bust up your phone!
:D:D

Meh.
Amateurs.

Holy Shit!
You're gonna bust up your phone!
:D:D

Not to worry;
I have madd skilz.B|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Texting while sitting in a car is no problem.

Now, texting while riding my motorcycle...that's a challenge. :P

Shirley you mean only as a passenger, Wright?

Rong, kant yu reed englush write?

OK, in that case:

Certainly you mean only as a passenger - but not as a driver, right?

Obviously you never post from an Iphone while sitting at a traffic light. Ever try and edit a post with one of them? Tap, tap, tap, trying to erase something and the curser keeps jumping around. Then the light turns green so you just hit send.

So you're saying you're not a hypocrite, you're just one of those menaces on the road who read and type on their phone while they drive. Thanks for setting us straight, and demonstrating Personal Responsibility® at the same time.

shit. didn't even notice this insanity. Pay attention to the FUCKING ROAD!

And post 68!

Obviously you never post from an Iphone while sitting at a traffic light. Ever try and edit a post with one of them? Tap, tap, tap, trying to erase something and the curser keeps jumping around. Then the light turns green so you just hit send.

So you're saying you're not a hypocrite, you're just one of those menaces on the road who read and type on their phone while they drive. Thanks for setting us straight, and demonstrating Personal Responsibility® at the same time.

shit. didn't even notice this insanity. Pay attention to the FUCKING ROAD!

And post 68!

You didn't notice the part about "while sitting at a traffic light", either.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

being at the traffic light is still part of driving - texting, doing makeup, reader the paper, digging around on the floor and back seat, etc etc etc

edit: what an odd digression.....apparently everyone acknowledges that the left really does hate mothers and housewives and we all ran out of thread topic?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

the laws in states that prohibit texting usually don't see the difference. Personally, I think it's one thing to pick up the phone at a light to see an incoming message. It's another thing to reply, even using something like Siri and voice recognition to do voice to text. And we're well past that- he's reading dropzone on a phone, which requires a few brain cells, then thinking about a reply, then typing a reply. I doubt he's in a place like Thailand where the lights can be over 100 seconds long.

And what are we talking about here - this isn't traffic details or your SO telling you to pick up an onion from the market for dinner. This is a talk about politics. (This probably explains the increased lameness of this thread) Surely that could wait...let him pay attention to the task at hand? This is dumber than jumping out of a plane and relying on the Big Sky doctrine. No wonder we are faced with ridiculous proposals from the NHTSA to ban phone use - you people can't use them responsibly.

Seems like this really should be in its own thread, but I just can't fathom the behavior.

Meh.
Amateurs.

I can't wait to see your Go-Pro footage of it :D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

No wonder we are faced with ridiculous proposals from the NHTSA to ban phone use - you people can't use them responsibly.

Making assumptions again? One would think you would have learned better by now.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

No wonder we are faced with ridiculous proposals from the NHTSA to ban phone use - you people can't use them responsibly.

what's to assume? GM is doing it, and you're defending it. These are facts in evidence. And both of you are grown men, not that there's any reason to excuse teenage idiocy.

what's to assume? GM is doing it, and you're defending it. These are facts in evidence.

Gm is using his phone at a stop light. That's the fact in evidence.

And both of you are grown men, not that there's any reason to excuse teenage idiocy.

As are you, presumptively. Of course, this makes your ASSUMPTION that because he used the phone at a stop light, that he *must* be using it while driving as well (which is *NOT* in evidence) the type of teenage idiocy that you claim he and I espouse.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Shirley you mean only as a passenger, Wright?

Rong, kant yu reed englush write?

OK, in that case:

Certainly you mean only as a passenger - but not as a driver, right?

I'm pleading the 5th on this one.

Way too much fun watching all the ASSuming going on. People with much too much time on their hands. No wonder they hate successful people. Bunch of slackers. Hope the boss doesn't catch them wasting company time.

Hey, it takes a lot of effort to keep those maids on track. And choosing colors and fabrics: we know Mitt, being a guy, can't help her with that.

Ok, talking about Mitt's wife....

I read the thread (not the link) and thought you all were writing about Michelle Obama......

Now the partisan comments line up with the posters better

Party has nothing to do with it. Barack is a guy too.

As you well know, we guys only recognize red, orange, yellow... brown and black.

Women, however, recognize "boston brick", "titanic rose", "rainforest dew", "asbury sand", "misty blush", "pecos spice", "persimmon"... and 2000 other so-called "colors" that are listed in the paint catalog.

I was shocked to learn recently that a shade that I definitely see as falling in the range of the hundreds of colors known to me as red, is officially labeled lake by the USPS.

Would have thought lake would be bluish or greenish; maybe even brown depending on the locale. (Here in Wisconsin, most lakes are blue or green).
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

being at the traffic light is still part of driving - texting, doing makeup, reader the paper, digging around on the floor and back seat, etc etc etc

edit: what an odd digression.....apparently everyone acknowledges that the left really does hate mothers and housewives and we all ran out of thread topic?

You obviously have no experience to be making such a claim. You have to know how to do it safely. It's not like you have the Iphone on the seat next to you and you look down at it while texting. The way to do it is to use Siri, while holding it with both hands at the top of the steering wheel. Just push the button and talk, that's all there is to it. It's much more dangerous to fool around with the radio dials or select which CD or Ipod tune you want to listen to. If fact my entire car is voice controlled all the way down to the heating and cooling thermostat settings, CD selection, bluetooth phone etc. I have had these features in all my cars for the past 8 years. So I have a lot of experience using them.

Heck, I bet more people are killed every year riding motorcycles or even bicycles than are killed texting. But you don't hear the same outrage about riding motorcycles, do you? I not even texting becuse I have Siri. Even many States that have passed laws against texting and talking on a cell phone while driving still allow talking with a bluetooth phone. I really see no difference.