riddler

Cleveland school shooting

You mean like the "Eddie the Eagle" NRA program that says "don't touch, leave the area, tell an adult", which is so, SO terrible compared to the Brady bunch program of "don't touch, leave the area, tell an adult"?

Ayep. Notice how they can argue ad infinitum for gun restrictions, but when I bring up the ideas of gun education and tax breaks to encourage gun safety, then they all fall silent. Curious thing, eh? It almost makes one think that they're not really interested in just gun safety.

another thing

The are stats out there (but I dont know where to find them but)
that show that the majority of children or kids (up to and including age 18 I think) are killed in gang/drug related activities

WRONG. The majority of children aren't killed at all.

All right then

Just to help you unwade your panties

I will restate it to say "the majority of children that are killed" .........

That should help get your undies out of your ass crack:P

Thanks for pointing out the confusion
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You mean like the "Eddie the Eagle" NRA program that says "don't touch, leave the area, tell an adult", which is so, SO terrible compared to the Brady bunch program of "don't touch, leave the area, tell an adult"?

Ayep. Notice how they can argue ad infinitum for gun restrictions, but when I bring up the ideas of gun education and tax breaks to encourage gun safety, then they all fall silent. Curious thing, eh? It almost makes one think that they're not really interested in just gun safety.

another thing

that show that the majority of children or kids (up to and including age 18 I think) are killed in gang/drug related activities

All right then

I see, YOU make an error and somehow I deserve a heap of abuse for it. Got it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Correct, because the message was clear in the context of the discussion, and you just wanted to nitpick to distract from that message, because he was correct in his assertion and you don't want to focus on that truth.

Children's Accidental Deaths, 1998:

Percent
Age Cause Number of Total
----- ----------------------------- ------ --------
0-4 Motor vehicles .............. 800 36%
Drowning .................... 500 23%
Burns ....................... 310 14%
Suffocation ................. 140 6%
Falls ....................... 80 4%
Poisoning ................... 30 4%
Guns ........................ 30 1%

5-14 Motor vehicles .............. 1,800 62%
Drowning .................... 350 12%
Burns ....................... 260 9%
Falls ....................... 80 3%
Guns ........................ 80 3%
Suffocation ................. 60 2%
Poisoning ................... 40 1%

National Safety Council, "Injury Facts"
(Percentages do not total to 100% due to exclusion of "all other" category)

You have plenty of outrage for parents who leave guns accessible to children, but where is your outrage for parents who don't buckle up their children's seat belts in cars, or who don't make them wear flotation devices in water, or who don't lock up the matches?

They're not. As we know, it's not *really* about the guns...it's about the *control*.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

This thread is about SHOOTING. Last time I checked, seat belts don't shoot anyone. All you are attempting to do is distract attention from a very obvious problem.

If you want to discuss seat belt safety, start a new thread.

This thread is about SHOOTING. Last time I checked, seat belts don't shoot anyone. All you are attempting to do is distract attention from a very obvious problem.

No, it is about hypocitcs using just one classification of deaths to push a poliical agenda that focusus on a tool

YOU only care about this kind of death because you want to ban gun ownership
Abraham Lincoln

another thing

All right then

I admited my error
Are you going to admit your spin?
Abraham Lincoln

Answer me this

Which death is more of a tragety?

A child killed by a gun in an acident where the gun was avaiable to the child (IE; left out by a parent)

or

A child killed in a car, that had seat belts but the parentd did not buckel the child in
Abraham Lincoln

It appears to me that you're in the same camp as the Brady folks. You want to discuss restrictions on firearm ownership. But when safety is brought up, you deflect. It appears to me that you're not interested in reducing injuries or deaths caused by firearms, nor the damage caused by improper use of seat belts or matches... You seem to be interested only in restricting firearm ownership. Yes, this is a topic about a shooting. That has morphed in one way into a discussion about safety. keep up prof!
--
Rob

It appears to me that you're in the same camp as the Brady folks. You want to discuss restrictions on firearm ownership. But when safety is brought up, you deflect. It appears to me that you're not interested in reducing injuries or deaths caused by firearms, nor the damage caused by improper use of seat belts or matches... You seem to be interested only in restricting firearm ownership. Yes, this is a topic about a shooting. That has morphed in one way into a discussion about safety. keep up prof!

A brief review of threads in SC will show that a lot of people are in complete denial that gun ownership by loonies causes any problems at all in US society.

YOU only care about this kind of death because you want to ban gun ownership

Only felons and loonies need be concerned about my views on gun ownership.

Then everyone is either a felon or a loony to you
Abraham Lincoln

A brief review of threads in SC will show that a lot of people are in complete denial that gun ownership by loonies causes any problems at all in US society.

You keep repeating (and now stretching) this fictional delusion

But to give you a chance

Who?

And show the quotes:)
Abraham Lincoln

You keep repeating (and now stretching) this fictional delusion

But to give you a chance

Who?

And show the quotes:)

Your own immediately previous post shows this very nicely. You obstruct ALL and ANY suggestions that it might be a problem. So does JR, so does mnealtx.

Your own immediately previous post shows this very nicely. You obstruct ALL and ANY suggestions that it might be a problem. So does JR, so does mnealtx.

Why dont you give us a suggestion to oppose?

You too damned chicken to give anything there

Do you really think anyone agrees with you here?

Come on

Really?

:D
Abraham Lincoln

Come on

Really?

STEP 1. STOP THE DENIAL. Until people like you admit that loonies with guns pose a problem in our society we get nowhere.

STEP 2. Mandatory background checks on ALL gun sales. No exceptions.

Come on

Really?

STEP 1. STOP THE DENIAL. Until people like you admit that loonies with guns pose a problem in our society we get nowhere.fiction on your part

already happens here
Abraham Lincoln

Come on

Really?

STEP 1. STOP THE DENIAL. Until people like you admit that loonies with guns pose a problem in our society we get nowhere.fiction on your part

already happens here

Happens in 16 other states too. Which means any felon or loonie can go to one of 33 states and buy a gun without a NICS check.

Come on

Really?

already happens here

Happens in 16 other states too. Which means any felon or loonie can go to one of 33 states and buy a gun without a NICS check.

From who?

Are you talking private sales?

And how many of the lastest news worthly shootings show the looney got a gun this way?

Any of them?
Abraham Lincoln

So, what are you going to do about those other 82% of child
murders under age 13 that did NOT occur with a gun?

Should clubs, ropes, hands and feet also be locked up in the
gun safe? It's gonna make it hard for mom to cook dinner that
way...

I am not going to do anything. My opinion was that if I had young kids and guns in the house, then I would keep my guns in a gun safe. That I would deem the risk of my child hurting themselves or a sibling higher than the risk of violent home invasion, requiring immediate access to arms.

I really don't give a fuck what you do with your guns, or what other parents in the US wish to do. I do know that I will have no sympathy for a parent who has a kid shoot themselves or a sibling with a gun found around the house.

If a child goes on a shooting rampage with a gun from a parent, I think that parent should be held responsible and charged.

So, this report shows that if you teach your son the shooting sports, there is a much greater chance that he will turn out to be a law-abiding responsible citizen! Much more so than just leaving them ignorant about guns and letting them learn on the street with kids their own age. Being safe around guns is more about training and socialization, then about a gun safe.

That's great.

Not sure how you are equating keeping guns at home in a safe and not within reach of kids, with leaving them ignorant and no education.

But then I get the feeling that shades of grey may not be your forte.

"Boys who own legal firearms have much lower rates of delinquency and drug use..

I love that conclusion. I am happy that you are using your tax dollars to establish that boys who own legal guns have a lower delinquency rate than boys who own illegal guns.

I am sure that could not have been established without a long study. lol

Mandatory background checks on ALL gun sales. No exceptions.

Holy shit, batman! After weeks of whining and bickering, kallend FINALLY comes out with a suggestion! I am shocked...

And what would you do, long after implementation of your background checks, when mass shootings continue at the same rate as before? Would you then admit that your idea was a failure? Or would you call for yet some more laws to piled on top of the already useless laws? Would "no exceptions" also include a father that wants to pass-down one of his guns to a son?

The background checks we have now started in 1994, just 18 years ago. And there were a lot fewer mass shootings back then before the law was passed, despite the fact that there were no national centralized background checks. You could buy guns in many hardware stores, no questions asked. There is no correlation between background checks and mass shootings. Doing even more background checks won't change anything.