shah269

One day I hope to pay only '13.9% tax'

ONE man contributes 3 mil into the pot and it's not enough for you people. Is he using 3 mil worth of resources?

Oh? Is that the standard you want; a complete "user pays" society rather than shared responsibility?

Are you sure?

I think what is meant here is that Romney paid 3 mil and the people that are mostly complaining gave nothing or next to nothing. they need to pay for some also.

Oh, I agree, GE ought to pay more taxes. Last year they not only paid zero, but actually got subsidy money. ;)

It's good to be an Obama Czar.

And how *dare* GE be able to take offsets against taxes like any other business.outrage>

But the SCOTUS says businesses are people. So they should pay taxes like people.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

ONE man contributes 3 mil into the pot and it's not enough for you people. Is he using 3 mil worth of resources?

Oh? Is that the standard you want; a complete "user pays" society rather than shared responsibility?

Are you sure?

I think what is meant here is that Romney paid 3 mil and the people that are mostly complaining gave nothing or next to nothing. they need to pay for some also.

Oh, I agree, GE ought to pay more taxes. Last year they not only paid zero, but actually got subsidy money. ;)

And how *dare* GE be able to take offsets against taxes like any other business.outrage>

But the SCOTUS says businesses are people. So they should pay taxes like people.

They did - just like Warren Buffet.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>How can anyone with an IQ over 50 ever justify the concept that money earned by this
>method or that method should be taxed at different rates? Income is income.

So you'd support a (say) 25% flat tax rate for every one?

Non sequitur.

Besides, money isn't taxed, people are. Which is (a) why the source of the money shouldn't matter, and (b) why the "this money has already been taxed" argument is stupid.

Are you sure?

They did - just like Warren Buffet.

He paid zero tax like GE? Really?

>How can anyone with an IQ over 50 ever justify the concept that money earned by this

Non sequitur.

Besides, money isn't taxed, people are. Which is (a) why the source of the money shouldn't matter, and (b) why the "this money has already been taxed" argument is stupid.

Non sequitur, yourself - people aren't taxed, their income is.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Non sequitur.

Nonsense, my income never wrote a check to the IRS, and neither did yours. My income doesn't pay property tax or sales tax or estate tax, I do. Your arguments get stupider and stupider.

Nonsense, my income never wrote a check to the IRS, and neither did yours. My income doesn't pay property tax or sales tax or estate tax, I do.

Said taxes being based on their *income*. People who don't earn a certain amount of *INCOME* don't write checks to the IRS, either.

Your arguments get stupider and stupider.

After that lame attempt you just posted, you've got the stones to write that?

Ego score... infinite.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Nonsense, my income never wrote a check to the IRS, and neither did yours. My income doesn't pay property tax or sales tax or estate tax, I do.

Said taxes being based on their *income*. People who don't earn a certain amount of *INCOME* don't write checks to the IRS, either.

Ha ha. So now you equate inheritance and capital gains with income? You are getting desperate.

Ha ha. So now you equate inheritance and capital gains with income? You are getting desperate.

Attempting to misdirect *AGAIN*? You are getting desperate.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Not my fault if you're wrong.

Not my fault if you're wrong.

Roughly 50% of filers having NO tax liability proves you wrong and support my claim.

Nice try.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>>>How can anyone with an IQ over 50 ever justify the concept that money earned by this
>>>method or that method should be taxed at different rates? Income is income.

>>So you'd support a (say) 25% flat tax rate for every one?

>Non sequitur.

Let's see - a non sequitur is something that does not connect logically to the statement preceding it.

So we have a statement that says that income is income, and money earned by any method should be taxed at the same rate. I asked whether he really wanted all income taxed at the same rate. Did you not understand the connection there?

>Besides, money isn't taxed, people are.

And yet I pay a percentage of the money I make, not a percentage of my weight, height or value as a person. So do 99.99% of the people in the US. So I think while that is a cool new-agey sentiment it doesn't have any backing in terms of actual taxation.

(And I think you would be VERY unhappy with a flat tax of $24,000 per person for every person in the US!)

http://www.cbo.gov/doc.cfm?index=12316

According to the TPC analysis, if we reverted the taxes on the rich (the higher brackets), it will raise about 78 billion $, approximately half a GDP percentage.

78 B$ is an OK amount, but its still a fairly small dot of the overall picture. All this political fighting/discourse for only 78B$ is like nitpicking over a few bucks ...

Do people really believe that Romney had an equal chance in life to someone born into poverty? He didn't "make" that money on his own...just being born to his parents guaranteed he would make that kind of money as long as he didn't become a heroin addict.

You must be very naive if you think you can make that kind of dough in America without a leg up from birth. It's remotely possible, but the vast majority are just born into wealth and are trained from birth on how to perpetuate that wealth.

The few and far between stories of poor people "rising to the top" are just stories the rich tell the poor to keep them quiet.

It's sad you all think that the rich are so superior to you as human beings. They're not.

If you want to place a link, click the "URL" button under the text window, paste your link, then click the "URL" button again.

According to the TPC analysis, if we reverted the taxes on the rich (the higher brackets), it will raise about 78 billion $, approximately half a GDP percentage.

This assumes that the rich just roll over and take it, and don't leave like they did when NJ and NY raised taxes.

78 B$ is an OK amount, but its still a fairly small dot of the overall picture. All this political fighting/discourse for only 78B$ is like nitpicking over a few bucks ...

If the Dems *truly* wanted to do something about the taxes, they'd revert the ENTIRE package because that's where the greatest gain would be - 3 trillion, after all, being MUCH more than 78 billion.

Doing that doesn't let them play class warfare and lobby for votes, though.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Uhm . . . can you let me have a few bucks?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>>>How can anyone with an IQ over 50 ever justify the concept that money earned by this
>>>method or that method should be taxed at different rates? Income is income.

>>So you'd support a (say) 25% flat tax rate for every one?

>Non sequitur.

Let's see - a non sequitur is something that does not connect logically to the statement preceding it.

So we have a statement that says that income is income, and money earned by any method should be taxed at the same rate. I asked whether he really wanted all income taxed at the same rate. Did you not understand the connection there?

Money earned by different methods being taxed at the same rate doesn't imply a flat tax. Can still have different brackets depending on the AMOUNT earned.

I'll refrain from commenting on what you didn't understand.

Just because it doesn't solve the entire problem doesn't mean its not worth doing.

>Can still have different brackets depending on the AMOUNT earned.

"It is ALL income, and should be taxed at the same rate."
"All income should be taxed at the same percentage rate."

I'll let you fight with him about what he said.

The post I read, and to which responded (post #73, this thread), goes:

>method or that method
should be taxed at different rates? Income is income.

Emphasis mine.

I don't see the line you quoted in your post #73.