sacex250

Utah never ceases to make me go - WTF!

It all just kinda' snuck-up on us. We need to get rid of it! I think, it all started with not keeping score in kid's soccer (football) games and sno-balled from there. It has everyone so up-tight it's no wonder we have an increse in 'mass murderers'!

Chuck

Lewis criticized the American education system back in the 50's in his fictional essay "Screwtape proposes a toast." His criticism is revealed through an evil entity that favors the system.

The feeling I mean is of course that which prompts a man to say I’m as good as you.

The first and most obvious advantage is that you thus induce him to enthrone at the centre of his life a good, solid, resounding lie....he does not believe it himself. No man who says I’m as good as you believes it. He would not say it if he did.....The claim to equality, outside the strictly political field, is made only by those who feel themselves to be in some way inferior. What it expresses is precisely the itching, smarting, writhing awareness of an inferiority which the patient refuses to accept. And therefore resents. Yes, and therefore resents every kind of superiority in others; denigrates it; wishes its annihilation.

All is summed up in the prayer which a young female human is said to have uttered recently: “O God, make me a normal twentieth century girl!” Thanks to our labours, this will mean increasingly: “Make me a minx, a moron, and a parasite.”

....The basic principle of the new education is to be that dunces and idlers must not be made to feel inferior to intelligent and industrious pupils. That would be “undemocratic.” These differences between pupils – for they are obviously and nakedly individual differences – must be disguised.

At schools, the children who are too stupid or lazy to learn languages and mathematics and elementary science can be set to doing things that children used to do in their spare time. Let, them, for example, make mud pies and call it modelling. But all the time there must be no faintest hint that they are inferior to the children who are at work. Whatever nonsense they are engaged in must have – I believe the English already use the phrase – “parity of esteem.”

The bright pupil thus remains democratically fettered to his own age group throughout his school career, and a boy who would be capable of tackling Aeschylus or Dante sits listening to his coeval’s attempts to spell out A CAT SAT ON A MAT.

Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Good bye America ... enjoy your travels in a handbasket.... the destination is plain for all to see.

it'll be comforting when we get there and all you guys are already waiting there with a big smile

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Interesting view. I wonder if he wrote that as 'fitional' so as not to hurt anyone's feelings?

I was raised to believe that if, you want to get somewhere in this world, you got off your butt and worked for it. If, you were lazy and didn't show any ambition, you were left behind. Now days, everybody is on a level plane and the 'dead-butt' is just as good as the high achiever. That's just not reality. I believe that there are go-getters and there are those who just lack ambition. I can see trying to help someone gain some motivation but if they 'don't want to' you're just spinnin' your wheels.

Chuck

it'll be comforting when we get there and all you guys are already waiting there with a big smile

Since the "niggardly controversy" it's clear you guys are the world leaders in PC hysteria. We don't even try to be more hysteric about PC than you guys any more, because it's clear you're the ultimate winners in that field.

You'll always beat us to PC hell, you know, that place that exchanged humour for whiny bitches (m/f)

Good bye America ... enjoy your travels in a handbasket.... the destination is plain for all to see.

I'll save you a seat next to the fire - wouldn't wantcha getting a chill:)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

we lost the name "warriors" for our local college team, some of the local indian tribe were offended by that name being used for a white team so the spineless pussies on the college board rolled over and changed it to the Yaks... a yak is a smelly stupid animal and....wait... it fits! holy crap, never mind, carry on :P

political correctness has got to be making our ancestors either laugh their asses off or they are spinning in their graves

Roy

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

And yet in Germany you can get five years in jail for being politically incorrect.

I doubt that your FOX News source is anywhere near accurate about that, but ultimately I don't care because I'm not a German. And just get over it, you're fucked up in the PC department as a people. I don't think the Germans are even able to produce anything as fucked up as that "niggardly" BS.

And yet in Germany you can get five years in jail for being politically incorrect.

I doubt that your FOX News source is anywhere near accurate about that, but ultimately I don't care because I'm not a German.

You're not american either.

And just get over it, you're fucked up in the PC department as a people.

Um...yeah, I think this thread pretty much got that covered. We don't really need your measly 2 cents being preached to the choir.:D

meep meep...:P

>I doubt that your FOX News source is anywhere near accurate about that,

Translation of a German law:

=========================================
130 Public Incitement (1985, Revised 1992, 2002, 2005)

(1) Whoever, in a manner that is capable of disturbing the public peace:

incites hatred against segments of the population or calls for violent or arbitrary measures against them; or
assaults the human dignity of others by insulting, maliciously maligning, or defaming segments of the population,

shall be punished with imprisonment from three months to five years.
==========================================

So you'll have to get with Germany to complain about that.

>I don't think the Germans are even able to produce anything as fucked up as that
>"niggardly" BS.

Yep, that was stupid. But no one went to jail over it.

Now go to Germany, get on a streetcorner and say "those Jews are whining over the Holocaust; it wasn't that bad!" See what happens.

Here the media gets in a frenzy over PC nonsense. In Europe the police do. I prefer our system.

Yep, that was stupid. But no one went to jail over it.

Now go to Germany, get on a streetcorner and say "those Jews are whining over the Holocaust; it wasn't that bad!" See what happens.

Here the media gets in a frenzy over PC nonsense. In Europe the police do. I prefer our system.

I'm Sorry Bill, but Europe =/= Germany. You might want to rephrase your point in a way that's less ignorant.

>I'm Sorry Bill, but Europe =/= Germany.

Germany is part of the EU. The EU made up of European countries. Indeed, its name is "the European Union."

But in any case it doesn't matter. You will be arrested in Germany as well if you dare to speak politically incorrectly.

Um...yeah, I think this thread pretty much got that covered. We don't really need your measly 2 cents being preached to the choir.

Well, that's probably true, but you know, it's kinda fun to rub it in anyway. You of all people should understand that. ;)

meep meep...

Nah, you're my favourite semi-bridge dweller. :)

You will be arrested in Germany as well if you dare to speak politically incorrectly.

Well, I guess technically holocaust denial and hate-mongering are PinC...... And technically it's PC -nonsense if you're opposed to those things. Still somehow your representation of the facts seems a bit FOX-ish.

Also is sort of implies you set holocaust denial on par with niggardly, but then again you also seem to think Europe = EU. Semantics are my friend too :)

Nah, you're my favourite semi-bridge dweller.

What can I say, it's nice to get out an mingle with the common folk every once in awhile...I've known it to be a very fertile mission field.

Mark 2:15-17
Easy-to-Read Version (ERV):P

Later that day, Jesus and his followers ate at Levi’s house. There were also many tax collectors and others with bad reputations eating with them. (There were many of these people who followed Jesus.) When some teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw Jesus eating with such bad people, they asked his followers, “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

When Jesus heard this, he said to them, “It is the sick people who need a doctor, not those who are healthy. I did not come to invite good people. I came to invite sinners.”

we lost the name "warriors" for our local college team, some of the local indian tribe were offended by that name being used for a white team so the spineless pussies on the college board rolled over and changed it to the Yaks... a yak is a smelly stupid animal and....wait... it fits! holy crap, never mind, carry on :P

political correctness has got to be making our ancestors either laugh their asses off or they are spinning in their graves

Roy

School mascots are supposed to represent strength, honor and winning ways. Mascot names were meant to be flattering, not offensive. Something to take pride in. I was always told that imitation was the highest form of flattery. Now, that flattery is offensive. That's what PC has brought us. Now, you can't name your team after a proud, strong people and try to imitate that. Now, thanks to PC, you can't 'pull' someone's leg or 'kid' them. We just take ourselves too damned serious. We've lost our sense of humor. It's a sad commentary on us.

Chuck

I'm Sorry Bill, but Europe =/= Germany. You might want to rephrase your point in a way that's less ignorant.

I think he can do it.

If you want to bunch in and stereotype all 50 US states, I see no reason why we can't bunch up all the European countries and treat you all the same, too.

Of course, one benefit to those living in Utah, they don't get trampled over every time Germany wants to take over a little bit more of the wine country.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

If you want to bunch in and stereotype all 50 US states, I see no reason why we can't bunch up all the European countries and treat you all the same, too.

Well since Germany is a federal state, like the US, it would be more like bunching in the US with All the countries on the North American continent and treat you all the same. But that would be ignorant of course. Besides I don't think I ever made the mistake to think of all American states as being the same.

>Besides I don't think I ever made the mistake to think of all American states as being the same.

Title of the thread: "Utah never ceases to make me go - WTF!"

Your comment: "Since the "niggardly controversy" it's clear you guys are the world leaders in PC hysteria. "