jclalor

footage emerges showing U.S. troops urinating on dead Afghan bodies

Shit happens

The words of someone who has no intelligent response left.

While most US soldiers are honorable, to defend these few guys, who clearly have no honor, does nothing but dishonor the majority.

Wanna bet.? Check out post #97. Otherwise, Great thread.

Good for you, but I disagree about walking in their shoes.

I don't have to be a murderer to know that murder is wrong. I don't have to be a rapist (or rape victim) to know that rape is wrong. I don't have to be a torturer to know that torture is wrong.

This event was tactically unnecessary, strategically counterproductive, and just plain wrong. It reflects badly on the USMC and on the USA.

NO EXCUSES.

You disagree about walking in our shoes because you haven't, I had a similar train of thought before i deployed the first time. War, especially the type of war we are fighting against the Taliban that follow no rules of war, is different than civilian life and murder back here. Shit happens, its that simple, fortunately we have not committed even 1% of the atrocities that the Taliban has. Bit that shit doesn't make the media. Were these Marines wrong, yea, should they be punished, minimally in my opinion, the media is pitting more attention on this than need be, its that simple really.

What part of "WRONG" is it that you can't understand?

Atrocities by the Taliban do not excuse atrocities by us.

Of course the media are all over it - they should be.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I have nothing to apologize for, I don't believe I offended her in any way by defending her against your little dig at her.

But whatever ....

I'd expect these pussy warriors to go down - clearly out of line.[/repl

A dig at Wendy? If it was, then I'm sure Wendy could/would speak for herself.
You are not only incorrect, but also ..."clearly out of line."

What an odd string of posts -

1 - everyone says the same thing "the Marines were wrong"
2 - everyone says the same thing "they should be punished"
3 - everyone says the same thing "I can understand why they did it, but it's still wrong" (and 1 and 2 still apply)

so about 8 of you all agree with each other and yet you keep arguing and belittling each other

weird :S
this is something I really hate about this forum

{{{there's a small contingent that continue to purposely imply that understanding = approval - but they are just trolling}}}

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Shit happens

The words of someone who has no intelligent response left.

While most US soldiers are honorable, to defend these few guys, who clearly have no honor, does nothing but dishonor the majority.

read and respond to my entire post, i didnt just say "shit happens"
Jack of all trades.
Military Free Fall Jumpmaster.
USA Static-line Jumpmaster.

What part of "WRONG" is it that you can't understand?

Atrocities by the Taliban do not excuse atrocities by us.

Of course the media are all over it - they should be.

Did i say it excused it? no learn to read

Did i say it wasnt wrong? look above

But the media should not be hanging these Marines out to dry, when is the last time you saw something bad the taliban did on the news? And I assure you, it happens on a weekly basis, but our media doesnt show this? why? so why should this much attention be put on a few Marines who had a really poor lack of judgement?
Jack of all trades.
Military Free Fall Jumpmaster.
USA Static-line Jumpmaster.

so about 8 of you all agree with each other and yet you keep arguing and belittling each other

weird Crazy this is something I really hate about this forum

That's a statement I can agree with. Some folks won't even take yes or no as an answer. For them it's all about egos and intellectual auto-manipulation. But it is a dandy thread.

Way outside the rules, here. Borders on a PA, if I understand Quades explanation of what the rules are for this site.Cool
Since you admit to have been joking about Nazi's massacring people, then perhaps you should seek counseling.

So you meant me, but on rereading that post you discovered that I wasn't joking about Nazi's committing genocide. And since you, unlike some people here can't "Man up" and admit he's wrong, you keep pretending I wrote that, that's indeed:

Sad...... Not good at all.

Oh, and you are a right about one thing, falsely accusing someone of condoning genocide is probably a PA.

No, not so much.

I expect the marines in this situation will in fact go down very hard. As they should be. They are an embarrassment to our country.
Brig time and BCD's for all involved.;)

Now, they're marines, and not pussy warriors.......?
Possibly, but only after a lawful CM. So, you allow the system is OK enough for you? No lynching or summary executing, Taliban style..?

They have demonstrated that for marines, they're pussy warriors. :P

We hit the roof when the enemy does this and we scream to the entire planet. Why would this case be any different?

I would expect them to get chased right out with BCD's.
Whatever path the leadership chooses to arrive there is their call.

Way outside the rules, here. Borders on a PA, if I understand Quades explanation of what the rules are for this site.Cool
Since you admit to have been joking about Nazi's massacring people, then perhaps you should seek counseling.

So you meant me, but on rereading that post you discovered that I wasn't joking about Nazi's committing genocide. And since you, unlike some people here can't "Man up" and admit he's wrong, you keep pretending I wrote that, that's indeed:

Sad...... Not good at all.

Oh, and you are a right about one thing, falsely accusing someone of condoning genocide is probably a PA.

Wheeew...... Calling Dr. Kallend, Calling Dr. Kallend.

They have demonstrated that for marines, they're pussy warriors. :P

We hit the roof when the enemy does this and we scream to the entire planet. Why would this case be any different?

I would expect them to get chased right out with BCD's.
Whatever path the leadership chooses to arrive there is their call.

You are agreeing that there are controls and limits to behavior by service members. And that the system can and will function in this matter because the conduct in debate is illegal by US law, and is not a policy of the US military or the government?

US Law generally isn't enforced on foreign soil.
US military members fall under the UCMJ, not civilian law.

Yes, this is not a policy of the military nor the government.

The UCMJ is US law. Service members are indeed subject to civilian law.
Then, aside from the 98 cent bullshit about Wendy, we agree. In the future, if you wish to enter a debate, just jump in. No need for the macho attempts at chivalry or the redneck bar stool drama. EOM.