rushmc

Ron Paul

He's plenty smart. He earned a doctorate. He's been around forever and has world experience and he has albeit simple, but CLEAR views of some of the things that need to be done.

He gets my vote if he gets the nomination. read his website if you want to really see the policies and what he has planned. anyone can have a bad night on a speech platform - ask Rick Perry right?

He's plenty smart. He earned a doctorate. He's been around forever and has world experience and he has albeit simple, but CLEAR views of some of the things that need to be done.

He gets my vote if he gets the nomination. read his website if you want to really see the policies and what he has planned. anyone can have a bad night on a speech platform - ask Rick Perry right?

He would get my vote as well

Any on that stage would be miles ahead of the one we got now
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>it is the Dems who consistently bitch about those who do not talk as eloquently as they
>think they should.

Uh, OK. I think gibbering idiots generally make poor presidents, yes. In general I prefer the other extreme - people who can make cogent and concise argument to prove their point. Republicans tend to think of these people as boring elitist out-of-touch eggheads. Anything beyond "drill, baby, drill!" becomes too verbose to meet FOX News brevity requirements.

Ron Paul falls under that umbrella. The GOP is trying their best to ignore him because they don't want to have to think too hard. They want their problems reduced to five second sound bites with ten second (absolute maximum) solutions. "End inheritance tax!" About two seconds, great. "Nine nine nine!" Less than two seconds, even better. "Cut entitlement spending!" Two and a half seconds - OK but getting a little long. "Reduce spending to match economic recovery, to avoid the deleterious effects of rapid reductions in government jobs during a recession" - BZZZT! FOX viewers have all switched to American Idol by the time that windbag finishes talking.

It is obvious how hard to work to try and make others think you are middle of the road politically

But every once in a while your disdain and dislike of those to the right of you, who voice opinions that you do not agree, with come out bright and clear and show us all just how far left you really are

This is one of those posts
Abraham Lincoln

I've been to RP's site. As well as the other candidates. All I read were generalizations and uber broad statements that were little more than restating the obvious. No specific plan for anything.
A president is not a king. A chief executive needs a plan with an agenda of how to go forward. To say, I'll do so and so when elected is meaningless.
An MD in OB GYN and a former Air Force MD, RP is indeed to be commended. I do not wish to flame RP, but he was badly mistaken on a very serious point about America's arch enemy, Iran, and the IAEA issue. RP also misspoke saying that America is at war with 1.2 billion Muslims. RP again compounded his errors, in a high pitched voice, with 1960's era war is bad mantras. I agree that the man had a bad night.
RP is not electable. Does America want four more years of Obama?

Congratulations, you've just described the character Sheldon Cooper from the TV series "The Big Bang Theory." The problem is, he's weird and his "CLEAR views" are not practical for the real world, much like Ron Paul.

Of course, the advantage Sheldon would have over Ron Paul is Sheldon believes in a scientific view of the world rather than a mythological one.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Congratulations, you've just described the character Sheldon Cooper from the TV series "The Big Bang Theory." The problem is, he's weird and his "CLEAR views" are not practical for the real world, much like Ron Paul.

Of course, the advantage Sheldon would have over Ron Paul is Sheldon believes in a scientific view of the world rather than a mythological one.

Sheldon Cooper..!!! Jeeze..!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ron Paul is going to win Iowa...Anyone that thinks this man is not smart does not know Ron Paul.
His views are dead on with foreign policy .
he predicted the housing collapse precisely.

He is what the troops want to tell you about his foreign policy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I8NhRPo0WAo

Watch him on Jay Leno's show on you tube 12/16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvBSkDHVCHc
;)

Ron Paul is going to win Iowa...Anyone that thinks this man is not smart does not know Ron Paul.
His views are dead on with foreign policy .
he predicted the housing collapse precisely.

He is what the troops want to tell you about his foreign policy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I8NhRPo0WAo

Watch him on Jay Leno's show on you tube 12/16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvBSkDHVCHc
;)

It's not that I think he's not smart, just naive. But he is learning. Instead of saying he is disestablishing the IRS or FED, he is talking of reform. He is holding back on crazy ideas this run. He is slowly becoming a good politician. He's definitely being coached and listening to someone. Soon, he will move up a notch and be just as screwed up as the other Republicans.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Naive...? Perhaps. I don't think that anyone is saying that RP is not smart. It's his wisdom, or lack thereof, and ability to translate and relate to common sense issues, that is worrisome. As for foreign policy, RP is very poorly informed or unable to grasp the complexity of issues. That RP seeks advice is a good thing. As POTUS, RP would have the final say, though.
I don't think RP is up to the task.

I agree. He's not up to the task. But his campaign is starting to fool some to believe he is. He's not the candidate exclusive to the strange, geeky and socially naive of previous runs.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I agree. He's not up to the task. But his campaign is starting to fool some to believe he is. He's not the candidate exclusive to the strange, geeky and socially naive of previous runs.

+1.....
I'm still trying to decide which Repub to go with. Obama is not a statesman nor a leader. Strictly a politician.

Naive...? Perhaps. I don't think that anyone is saying that RP is not smart. It's his wisdom, or lack thereof, and ability to translate and relate to common sense issues, that is worrisome. As for foreign policy, RP is very poorly informed or unable to grasp the complexity of issues. That RP seeks advice is a good thing. As POTUS, RP would have the final say, though.
I don't think RP is up to the task.

This country is on the wrong path.the founding fathers would be ashamed
Ron Paul is a modern day Thomas Jefferson...:)
“I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us that the less we use our power the greater it will be.”
Thomas Jefferson

“Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations...entangling alliances with none”
Thomas Jefferson

Ron Paul is warning us about war time conditions.
Just look at our airports...The patriot act ... Homeland security...TSA...now folks we can be held without trial indefinably...

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

Ron Paul is the ONLY guy I would vote for, hands down the changes that need to be made he is aware of and has a damn good idea on how to change them. The only guy i dont believe once in office would be a puppet for those others trying to pull strings. In the same light, he is a terrible speaker. Thats blatantly obvious, but since when does the presidency hinge on public speaking? Ill take a bad public speaker with his head on straight over a well speaking ass-hat so to say.
but thats my 2cents... we all know something needs to change. If not I do believe ya'll got your head in the sand. THe overwhelming support from active and inactive military speaks volumes by itself.
~MaVriK~
"The Greatest Accomplishment in life is actually Living it"

since when does the presidency hinge on public speaking? Ill take a bad public speaker with his head on straight over a well speaking ass-hat so to say.

Obama is 2nd to none with his public speaking when his teleprompter is working. But have you ever seen what a bumbling fool Obama sounds like when his teleprompter fails? Here is an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU

Maybe the reason why Ron Paul does not come off as polished as a public speaker is because he speaks from the heart and not from the teleprompter. I agree with you 100%. We need to put more emphasis on the message, not the delivery.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Ron Paul is the ONLY guy I would vote for, hands down the changes that need to be made he is aware of and has a damn good idea on how to change them. The only guy i dont believe once in office would be a puppet for those others trying to pull strings. In the same light, he is a terrible speaker. Thats blatantly obvious, but since when does the presidency hinge on public speaking? Ill take a bad public speaker with his head on straight over a well speaking ass-hat so to say.
but thats my 2cents... we all know something needs to change. If not I do believe ya'll got your head in the sand. THe overwhelming support from active and inactive military speaks volumes by itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWSF0ddWVJo&feature=related

i say Obama cannot beat Ron Paul...;)

Maybe its just me, but I've never really felt Ron Paul is a bad speaker. I think he does very well making his points especially when he's speaking from his head and not from a teleprompter. The guys memory is outstanding. I personally feel he's the best debater as well. If you disagree with his points fine, but that doesn't mean he can't school anybody he's up against. I've watched him own O'Reilly and its quite humorous.

Addresing those on here that think he's naive or foolish...
Naive he is not. He's been around a long time and has a lot of history and experience and thought that goes into his opinions including his own military service. Many of his warnings from 30 years ago have come true, and people are realizing this. He's been bouncing between #1 and #2 in all the polls, yet he's glazed over and all we hear about is Newt and Romney like they're the only two in the race. Its laughable. You can claim he's unelectable all day long, but but he's gaining huge support.

In the same light, he is a terrible speaker. Thats blatantly obvious, but since when does the presidency hinge on public speaking?

I think you're under-estimating the value of a President being a good public speaker. It helped Reagan and Clinton (otherwise so different from each other by any metric) greatly, as candidates, as governors, and as presidents. I'm old enough to remember that Ford was well-liked as a person (especially after Nixon), but he was kind of a bumbling public speaker; and that probably helped cost him the 1976 election. G.W. Bush, an average-intelligence guy with an excellent education, often came across as an utter fool when speaking extemporaneously because he's so terrible at it. (Contrast that with his younger brother Jeb, who is a very articulate extemporaneous speaker, and might have eventually become President had he not been trumped by his brother's de facto primogeniture.)

Ok, lets expand on this. Regardless of who you think the best candidate would be, Newt probably doesn't have much of a chance at beating Obama. Romney would have a decent chance, but definitely not a sure shot. Strategically Ron Paul would be the only definite win for the GOP, IMO. Its likely nearly every GOP candidate including yourself would vote for him over Obama, and you are going to have a landslide of Democrats jumping the fence to vote for Ron Paul over Obama as well. If the GOP had half a brain right now they'd be propping up Ron Paul as much as possible because he's a sure shot. Newt is far too disconnected from the center and left voters to ever get any from that camp. Romney, would get a few, but there are still way too many that would vote for Obama over those two anyday.

If he GOP keeps ignoring Ron Paul and keeps propping up these horrible alternatives, then they're going to piss this election down there leg and we'll see 4 more of Obama.

Ok, lets expand on this. Regardless of who you think the best candidate would be, Newt probably doesn't have much of a chance at beating Obama. Romney would have a decent chance, but definitely not a sure shot. Strategically Ron Paul would be the only definite win for the GOP, IMO. Its likely nearly every GOP candidate including yourself would vote for him over Obama, and you are going to have a landslide of Democrats jumping the fence to vote for Ron Paul over Obama as well. If the GOP had half a brain right now they'd be propping up Ron Paul as much as possible because he's a sure shot. Newt is far too disconnected from the center and left voters to ever get any from that camp. Romney, would get a few, but there are still way too many that would vote for Obama over those two anyday.

If he GOP keeps ignoring Ron Paul and keeps propping up these horrible alternatives, then they're going to piss this election down there leg and we'll see 4 more of Obama.

Any of them can beat Obama
Abraham Lincoln

Quite possible, but I don't think any of us can say that for sure. Ron Paul would inarguably have more votes from the other side.

Lets face it people are sick of these wars. They probably cost McCain the election last year, because Obama "claimed" he had a plan to get us out of them.

A lot of folks can look past issues they don't agree with if it means getting our troops home, and getting our national budget back on track.

And any of them can lose to Obama, too. 2012 might very well be the 4th consecutive razor-close presidential election. So before you start putting all your high fructose corn syrup :P in one bottle - if you're a Republican, you'd best concern yourself with who would be most likely to prevail in a one-on-one with Obama.

Quite possible, but I don't think any of us can say that for sure. Ron Paul would inarguably have more votes from the other side.

Lets face it people are sick of these wars. They probably cost McCain the election last year, because Obama "claimed" he had a plan to get us out of them.

A lot of folks can look past issues they don't agree with if it means getting our troops home, and getting our national budget back on track.

McCain lost because he was RINO for the most part

I also said (and you agreed with) that any of them CAN beat Obama but may not in the end.

Nothing is a given in elections
Abraham Lincoln

And any of them can lose to Obama, too. 2012 might very well be the 4th consecutive razor-close presidential election. So before you start putting all your high fructose corn syrup :P in one bottle - if you're a Republican, you'd best concern yourself with who would be most likely to prevail in a one-on-one with Obama.

I am going to concern myself with who is the best conservative canidate at this time
That person has the best chance

In the end I will support the anyone but Obama canidate, even it that is Hillary
Abraham Lincoln