shah269

Heads up Iran is going to get strange....

I can't say much since I can't verify this info....but a good friend in the know said something really odd to me the other day.....

No joke he said "Watch in the next year Iran will reach out to the west for cultural ties."

I told my friend WTF! He told me in no uncertain terms that Iran is willing ready and able to reach out for cultural interactions with the US, and in typical Persian style is going to do it to embarrass the US.

I hate to say it but I think my friend is on to something. How can you be pissed at some one if they show up holding flowers?

He said it has something to do with Palesting getting a seat at the UN....and how the religious right are going ape about it behind the curtains.

Really strange stuff!
But then again, if i had told you a year ago Mubarack would be in jail, Kadafi killed and Syria about to fall over...would you have believed it!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Palestine isn't getting anything.

And yeah, it's probably going to get strange, as a bunch of stories starting popping up this week about Israel giving serious thought to attacking Iran's nuclear facilities. Obviously is that happens, Iran and the US will not be getting closer.

And yeah, it's probably going to get strange, as a bunch of stories starting popping up this week about Israel giving serious thought to attacking Iran's nuclear facilities. Obviously is that happens, Iran and the US will not be getting closer.

You can huff and you can puff and you can stomp around like a little child....but odds are Palestine will get a seat in the UN in the next year.

As for attacking Iran's nuclear facilities.....HA! I'm sorry.....wait HA! No really...HA!

Yeah....OK! Egypt to the left, and armed freedom fighters to the north......and the US too sick and tired to help! Good luck with that one!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

I can't say much since I can't verify this info....

Then how about keeping your fucking mouth shut?

...sorry, but wtf?

Bejezzuz...yeah WTF?
A little "brisk" there aren't you?
Chill, eh?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Yeah....OK! Egypt to the left, and armed freedom fighters to the north......and the US too sick and tired to help! Good luck with that one!

YEAH....because the Arabs have been SO successful in their attempts to wipe Israel out. Do the years of 1948, 1956, 1967, 1973, 1978, 1982, 2006 and 2008 ring a bell?

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

If it does it will be an embarrassing failure which will only serve to further degrade the US's standing in the world.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Well my friend is involved with foreign relations and has some interesting friends.....great guy to know if you want to get interviews.

Any how he was saying a "cultural and educational" exchange initiated by Iran.....I'm thinking ah ok? What is this Ping Pong Diplomacy?

But after a little bit of thought.....it sounds like a very viable way of Iran's current hard line dictatorial government to save it's own skin. After all if you look carefully the spring is moving west to east and well....Iran is looking to be next. With a well educated progressive and liberal population the question of "Why not us" may hold water.

But if Iran were to show on the global stage it was reaching out to the west and the west not accepting the olive branch it would look very bad for us and further strengthen the Iranian government.

a true a catch 22.
agree to talk and you are talking to a dictator who arms terrorists and well you have the Isreal thing.

say no....and perhaps loose a great opportunity to open up not not only dialog but also maybe even open up relations to one of the biggest players on the field.

Iran reaching out to the west? Are you kidding?

With what? Another press conference or news release that reads like something a 4th grader would write about somebody they didn't like.

Everybody on the world stage plays dirty; there is no integrity at that level. But at least our diatribe isn't some childlike narrative sprinkled with phrases like capitalist viper, running rabid dogs (why are the dogs always running?), and colonialist pigs.

First thing Iran needs to do if they ever expect to have an olive branch taken seriously is stop making and issuing statements that read like they are part of children's fairy tales.

Search hard enough and you'll probably find one that mentions the Big Bad Wolf.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

How?
Simple, next time Iminneedofajacket Is speaking in front of the UN and the US steps out....simply say something to the effect of "Time has come to connect all peoples bla bla bla and my country is ready to being a cultural exchange with the west in the name of global peace...bla bla bla exchanging professors and professionals...bla bla bla...."

Not hard. He doesn't even have to intend on actually doing it! All he has to do is say it......then it's the US's part to do something about it......

Like I said my friend was even confused by it all. He wasn't sure what the chatter was all about. But if Iran starts sounding more and more lucid then those settlements that no one talks about but are the cause of much of the major problems in Palestine suddenly become an issue.......

A lunatic talking about an issue does nothing. But when someone who at least appears stable starts talking about cultural ties and equality and then all of a sudden things start looking different.

And remember.....we are flat broke.....and are in no mood for another confrontation above a few sorties over Libya

How?
Simple, next time Iminneedofajacket Is speaking in front of the UN and the US steps out....simply say something to the effect of "Time has come to connect all peoples bla bla bla and my country is ready to being a cultural exchange with the west in the name of global peace...bla bla bla exchanging professors and professionals...bla bla bla...."

Not hard. He doesn't even have to intend on actually doing it! All he has to do is say it......then it's the US's part to do something about it......

Like I said my friend was even confused by it all. He wasn't sure what the chatter was all about. But if Iran starts sounding more and more lucid then those settlements that no one talks about but are the cause of much of the major problems in Palestine suddenly become an issue.......

A lunatic talking about an issue does nothing. But when someone who at least appears stable starts talking about cultural ties and equality and then all of a sudden things start looking different.

And remember.....we are flat broke.....and are in no mood for another confrontation above a few sorties over Libya

Actions speak louder than words.

Iran will never do as it says... they are too invested in spreading the word of Allah as interpreted by the 40,000 "holy men" of Qom. As long as the real power is exercised by the mullahs.. there can and will be no peace or justice for anyone who does not follow their particular dogma.

it was a hypothetical I really have little info on this other than "Shah Iran is getting odd lately" discussion i had with a friend.
And how hard is it to get a few dozen collage professors from Iran to send letters to US institutions and asking for Visas?
Simple action really...

But if Iran starts sounding more and more lucid . . .

And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

A lunatic talking about an issue does nothing.

So all we are waiting for is for somone who appears stable to overthrow the lunatics. Saving a seat at the table would be a good idea - just don't hold your breath waiting.

I can't say much since I can't verify this info....

Then how about keeping your fucking mouth shut?

...sorry, but wtf?

Bejezzuz...yeah WTF?
A little "brisk" there aren't you?
Chill, eh?

Thoughts like this go through my head constantly...apparemtly I forgot to delete this one.

Sometimes when people are talking BS to me I'll get a thought like this and just start busting out laughing right in front of them.

Sorry, I don't mean to be such an asshole, I guess I just am...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I always thought Iran was strange in the first place but maybe that's just my western upbringing.

Nah it's Iran, which is one very messed up place which at the moment ..... is border line unstable.

Simple history will prove this to be true. Iran has the highest per capita under 30 yr old population on the planet. With the available info on the internet, it is only a matter of time that when they come into the decision making process, they will be making very different decisions. The leaders saw what happened in Libya and don't want to share the same fate as they did. They are just trying to be ahead of the curve. Not surprising at all. I have been saying this for 3 yrs. now.