CanuckInUSA

Political Correctness Wins ... Halloween Canceled

IMO... Political correctness only makes people up-tight and forget a sense of humor. Too many folks are so afraid they might offend someone. I'm not saying that people should be offensive but people just need to lighten-up and get back to reality.

Chuck

I think it goes even deeper than that.
"My opinions are the only ones that matter and YOU are going to conform, like it or not."

Rather arrogant to say one's opinion is right and all others are wrong.

The funny part is that PC is now suffering somewhat of a backlash. Not strong enough to overcome it as yet, but many are starting the realize the worthlessness of it all.

I'm hoping, that light at the end of the tunnel, isn't a gorilla with a flashlight!
I've noticed that since the advent of political correctness, there's a lot of arrogance going around. That's probably due to the insecurity political correctness instills. Whatever it is... I don't like it.

Chuck

More political correct insanity.

An Ottawa School Board has decided to cancel a Remembrance Day ceremony where World War II, Korean War and Afghan War veterans would get together with some high school students to honor the men and women who died to keep us free. So why was this Remembrance Day ceremony cancelled? Because the veterans were planning on bringing replica guns (and other military hardware) to the ceremony and the school board has adopted a hardline policy that absolutely no guns are allowed on school property.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/featured/prime-time/867432237001/talking-remembrance-and-registry/1255398253001#1255390545001
http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/11/01/remembrance-symposium-cancellation-irks-vet

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I'm generally pro-gun on most matters, but IMO this particular case is not so insane;
The policy to preclude guns is no more absurd than the veteran's belief that they need to bring guns (or replicas).

Back in the day, my own school held a fairly elaborate Remembrance Day ceremony each year (mostly WW2 veterans as guests) with not a single firearm among them, and I don't believe that diminished the significance or purpose of the event.

When I was doing Honor Guard for a Veterans Day event with Air Force ROTC at a local high school, we had some parent call 911 because "There were two men in Army uniforms with rifles." Yes, there were four cadets there in our dress blues, two of us had de-miled M1s, one had the Air Force flag, one had the American flag...

IMO... Political correctness only makes people up-tight and forget a sense of humor. Too many folks are so afraid they might offend someone. I'm not saying that people should be offensive but people just need to lighten-up and get back to reality.

Chuck

"My opinions are the only ones that matter and YOU are going to conform, like it or not."

The funny part is that PC is now suffering somewhat of a backlash. Not strong enough to overcome it as yet, but many are starting the realize the worthlessness of it all.

Given the various religious implications drawn from the disambiguation of Halloween, I think it's only a matter of time before it's reduced to simple academics rather than a celebration that can be preceived as promoting faith in public schools...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Chuck

Given the various religious implications drawn from the disambiguation of Halloween, I think it's only a matter of time before it's reduced to simple academics rather than a celebration that can be preceived as promoting faith in public schools...

Yeah...that's what I thought.

Does anybody have anything to say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJnU3Yi02fo

:D

The 'politically correct' people are just taking the fun out of everything! Halloween is Halloween! Christmas is Christmas not 'Happy Holidays'. This whole country allows a minority group to lead it around by it's collective nose and I will never join that line of thinking. Competition is competition and keeping score is a part of it. Real life juat ain't Disneyland!

Chuck

Political correctness has gone too far! My wife and her sister, are spending a few days visiting their home State of Oregon. Yesterday, they were out sight-seeing when my wife spotted an A&W Root Beer drive-up. This was not one of those combination A&W/Long John silvers places but a 'real' A&W. My wife asked why the 'Teen Burger' and the 'Momma' Burger weren't on the menu. The voice on the other end of the speaker replied; "It was decided by the corporation that they were not 'politically correct!"
That's just wrong!

Chuck

My wife asked why the 'Teen Burger' and the 'Momma' Burger weren't on the menu. The voice on the other end of the speaker replied; "It was decided by the corporation that they were not 'politically correct!"

But the Pappa burger stays? What an outrage, a double standard! Men just don't get any respect these days...

My wife asked why the 'Teen Burger' and the 'Momma' Burger weren't on the menu. The voice on the other end of the speaker replied; "It was decided by the corporation that they were not 'politically correct!"

But the Pappa burger stays? What an outrage, a double standard! Men just don't get any respect these days...

Ain't that the truth!:D What is politically incorrect about a 'teen burger'?
I think, the 'politically correct' folks are trying to make some kind of fantasy world with everything just 'nicey-nicey'. Poor, ignorant, little people. Probably, scared of their own shadow, [:/]

Chuck

I think, the 'politically correct' folks are trying to make some kind of fantasy world with everything just 'nicey-nicey'. Poor, ignorant, little people. Probably, scared of their own shadow, [:/]

Chuck

Sorry but those dissappeard long long ago Chuck. I always used to savor driving down out of the mountains after a long long day of hunting and being just too damn tired to go thru cooking in camp.. so I would hop in the big ole 4x4 and drive the 40 miles from the camp into town... to AW for a Grandpa Burger..... Given all the factors at the time I still remember those as some of the very best tasting burgers in the world.[:/]

Chuck

Sorry but those dissappeard long long ago Chuck. I always used to savor driving down out of the mountains after a long long day of hunting and being just too damn tired to go thru cooking in camp.. so I would hop in the big ole 4x4 and drive the 40 miles from the camp into town... to AW for a Grandpa Burger..... Given all the factors at the time I still remember those as some of the very best tasting burgers in the world.[:/]

Well worth the 40-mile drive!;) I always thought of A&W as a 'family' type drive-in. A place where you took a date after a football game. Took the kids on a hot summer day for a root beer. The idea of Grandpa burgers and teen burgers, added to that. Oh well...

Chuck