CanuckInUSA

Future Welfare Food Stamps Receiptient?

Is this a future welfare and food stamps collector?

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Former-Ravens-DB-Chris-McAlister-is-already-brok?urn=nfl-wp7151

I am a fan of football so I am not slamming the game. But there is something really wrong these days the way professional athletes can make mega millions and yet be in the poor house. Exactly what did they learn while collecting their college degrees?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Former-Ravens-DB-Chris-McAlister-is-already-brok?urn=nfl-wp7151

I am a fan of football so I am not slamming the game. But there is something really wrong these days the way professional athletes can make mega millions and yet be in the poor house. Exactly what did they learn while collecting their college degrees?

Happens all the time and not just in sports either. It runs rampant in all areas of life where a person is an expert in one area, but doesn't have a clue in another so they turn over the management of their money to somebody else.

It doesn't take long to go from being a millionaire to broke if somebody else in "managing" your money.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Exactly what did they learn while collecting their college degrees?

Student athlete is an oxymoron in college football and basketball. These are pro sports masquerading as amateur. The college athletics coaches make way more than the college president in most cases. Stupid, and exploitative of the players.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Exactly what did they learn while collecting their college degrees?

Is that a trick question? They learned to play football. (And were arguably more equipped to make a living than, say, an early English lit major.)

I have yet to hear of a single football player that has made as much money as JK Rowling.
quade -

I have yet to hear of a single football player that has made as much money as JK Rowling.

Pfft. What's her time in the 40?

With a billion dollars you can hire somebody else to run for you.
quade -

The NFL tries to provide the best product they can that will make them the most money. Playing football well and good money management are not requirements in the NFL. The NCAA also does not give a crap about a players education, just the revenue that player can generate for the school.

The real surprise is the number of players that manage to hang on to their money.

They learned how to hide their money when going through a divorce so they won't lose any more of it than they have to.
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

Is that a trick question? They learned to play football. (And were arguably more equipped to make a living than, say, an early English lit major.)

You know she got welfare for a while.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

You know she got welfare for a while.

Irrelevant to the thread; too little dermal melanin.

He currently owes her $11,000 per month.
Boys I've said it before and I'll say it again!
AIM FOR THE FUCKING EYES!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!