billvon

Tea Party boos Ron Paul

So, you're agreeing with his conclusions, it's just that he shouldn't say them in public.

Hmmm . . . I can't say I agree with that.

No, I disagree with his conclusions. I said that his conclusion is not unique. I'm not inferring that I agree with him.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

More like saying that the husband of a woman you've been sleeping with may attack you if you mouth off to him. Is that OK? Nope - and he may well end up in jail with good cause if he tries it.

It doesn't work. They have no legal or moral claim on said "spouse". Terrorists tend to work on someone elses behalf/beliefs/causes without permission. Only the taliban occupied Afghanistan, who was only recognized diplomatically by three countries, come close to satisfying this analogy.

Yes. And you will never stop them. You can, however, make sure that the world they live in does not tolerate them, and are willing to root them out and destroy them on their own. Or you could give the rest of the world a reason to look the other way.

You are right. We will never get rid of them. Ever. It's like trying to stamp out genetic disorders. This is never an excuse to take their opinions serious enough to consider their demands and threats. They do not work like normal people. Give them an inch they will definitely exploit it.

As far as teaching other countries on not tolerating them. . .This is exactly what we have been doing from day one. It's an exceptionally hard mission. Afghans did not tolerate the Taliban or Osama bin laden and Iraqis didn't tolerate terror groups in Iraq. Even when everyone there owns firearms, they still weren't able to. This is what we had to start with.

Look at it this way. If Somalian pirates are attacked by terrorists, are you going to be writing your senator to tell him to do something about it?

No. We will report up our chain then put a stop to it and/or assist the UN when they try to put a stop to it.

Think you might feel differently if they were attacking US relief ships?

Yes.

We want to be the relief ships, not the pirates. And quite often, we are - we just have to make sure we stay that way

We appear as pirates some of the times, yes, but it's not going to be terrorists that call us out on this.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

>I would add it's also a pathetic attack on a man who deserves respect whether you
>agree with him or not.

After seeing the names you have called Obama/Pelosi/Reid etc, I have to laugh to see you demanding respect for a politician. Take a look in the mirror; you'll see others express as much respect for your favorite politicians as you show theirs.

Here's a site that will give you a place to log all my personal attacks you claim I make on the President.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/signup/o2012-attackwatch-report-an-attack

Hot damn! A politicians who will speak his mind about something controversial. And a group of people who look at moree than one thing.

This is great. This is a return to the way I think it should be. Not whether there is an R or a D or a TP behind the name.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Never my claim to begin with. I think the Tea Party is far more nefarious than that.

Apparently you haven't grasped the fact that the Tea Party is a grass roots movement of middle class Americans.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

tangent: why do folks keep referring to the tea party as if it were one solid organization with leaders and clear boundaries?

It is the collective paranoia of the liberal left. The intellectually elite,:P, tend to major on the minors.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

white racist Christian fundies and other morons.

Damn low life uneducated classless masses.:D

I did not realize until just the other day, listening to an NPR program, that Brits believe in social class. Furthermore, it is very difficult to jump to a higher level of social strata.

All of sudden I received a flash of cosmic consciousness regarding your personality, as well as other British posters here in SC. ;)

I did not realize until just the other day, listening to an NPR program, that Brits believe in social class. Furthermore, it is very difficult to jump to a higher level of social strata.

That is why Kate Middleton is an anomaly. Of course being drop dead gorgeous did not hurt.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Here's a site that will give you a place to log all my personal attacks you claim I make on the President.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/signup/o2012-attackwatch-report-an-attack

:D:D:D

Of course, they would arrest someone who reported false information. :ph34r::ph34r:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=obama%2C+stupid%2C+idiot%2C+moron&search_type=AND&search_fields=sb&search_time=&search_user_username=Gravitymaster&sb=score&mh=25

I guess this is just more "Intentional Misunderstanding". :P

Thanks for supplying a good example of the type of mentality I was referring to. You obviously understand very little reading the newspapers and internet websites from your bunker up there in Canada. Have you ever actually been to a Tea Party Meeting or do you just "know" from what you read?

This move towards the "common man" as a base for the Republican Party predates the current Tea Party movement.

Joe the Plumber coined October 2008
Rise of current Tea Party movement early 2009

(Plus I don't live in a bunker, I live in our National Igloo. I am pretty sure I have some video here of a US Senator and an American professor at Harvard congratulating all us Canadians on our National Igloo :D:D:D)

That is why Kate Middleton is an anomaly. Of course being drop dead gorgeous did not hurt.

I hear that. ;)