DanJohnson

Food Stamps and welfare

***I was delayed about 2 minutes by the thoughtless bastard in front of me who was using a credit card to buy a couple of porterhouse steaks and a bottle of overpriced Zinfandel.

I'm pretty pissed off that the management didn't send me to the head of the line because I had cash, I looked tired, and my groceries were more earthy.

You should have been pissed off by the fact that his use of a credit card just inflated the monetary system and you are now forced to pay for a portion of his purchases!!!

Bet ya' never thought of that angle did 'ja mate?

Kind of like you using cash, huh?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

You should have been pissed off by the fact that his use of a credit card just inflated the monetary system and you are now forced to pay for a portion of his purchases!!!

Bet ya' never thought of that angle did 'ja mate?

Kind of like you using cash, huh?

What the hell?
I was done with this thread and then here comes our fuzzy little nannook with the sailors cap. Gotta love him!

So tell us Nanook how cash transactions inflate the money supply.

So today after laying over 1400 brick in opressive heat and fighting traffic at the start of my 94 mile commute I stopped at the grocery store and found myself behind a Guatemalen (sorry my spelling sux!)couple paying with WIX certificates and food stamps.
Their whole interaction with the cashier seemed to take forever.
I just wanted to check out and get a shower!!!

Of course it seems to me self apparent that making anyone wait to pay you money is just bad buisiness .
It seems to me that making one wait to pay cash for the groceries they've collected from your store while some welfare recipient who barely speaks the lanquage ties up the line is a major folly.
I'm considering writing a letter to the top manager of the store expressing my displeasure and explaining why I'll no longer patronize their establishment.

What would you do?

You should be careful about skipping those scheduled lithium doses.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

>What is a wix certificate?

Guessing he means a WIC (women infants children) card. It's food supplement for low-income pregnant women, low-income breastfeeding women, and infants and children under the age of five.

>WWJD in the same situation?

He'd say "come on ya slow guatemalans, I gotta important dinner to get to!"

What is a wix certificate?

Could be a coupon for a free oil filter.
http://www.wixfilters.com/
Possibly they were confused and thought they were at AutoZone. They were Guatemalan, after all. Probably needed to change oil in their Cheffy P-cup.
DanJohnson should had showed them the error of their way. It is what Heyzeus would had done. At least, that's what I'm told.
Neil Young

>What is a wix certificate?

Guessing he means a WIC (women infants children) card. It's food supplement for low-income pregnant women, low-income breastfeeding women, and infants and children under the age of five.

>WWJD in the same situation?

He'd say "come on ya slow guatemalans, I gotta important dinner to get to!"

I know what WIC is, Just thought the OP had no idea, I have done work with them.

It never gets old seeing the Christians get all worked up when poor infants and children are provided with nutrient rich food. You can't make this stuff up.

So you have no responsive answer to a single point I raised. Got it.

Andy, you didn't raise any points germaine to the conversation.
That's why I'm worried about your mental stability! I'm a little concerned that you are sitting in front of the computer moniter with all the shades drawn.., wearing nothing but striped boxers and near knee high socks with all the lights off just waiting for the next posting of Dan Johnson . Waiting to masticate every sylable I write.

Dude.., You are sick!!!

Get some help!

He needs help? You're the one talking about Germans pleasuring themselves... :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Could be a coupon for a free oil filter.
http://www.wixfilters.com/

Dude go with the best: K&N filters. - even for Guatemalans

I'm a Fram man, myself:P
Neil Young

Here's my pet peeve about it:

Did you all know that WIC subsidizes the purchase of baby formula? In fact, half of all baby formula purchased in the US is purchased through WIC. In 2009, WIC spent $850 MILLION on baby formula.

So hundreds of thousands of mothers every year have baby formula purchased on their behalf by the government to feed their infants.

Poverty is SO BAD in the US that poor mothers cannot even afford to buy breast milk. The expense of the production, transportation and storage of mother's milk is too much for these new mothers bear!!!

This is one where I'm sure dreamdancer and funjumper would agree!

Breast milk has become a luxury of the rich! Out of a $1.7 billion per year industry fully one-half of the infant formula purchases in the United States are subsidized by the WIC program. This alarming statistic shows yet again how the rich have hoarded breast milk and the poor are left with little to nothing as a result.

"We cannot afford breast milk" said Julie, an unemployed 23 year-old mother of two children under 18 months old. "The rich are feeding their children breast milk, but they won't give us any of it. They keep it for their children because they are greedy and don't care about the fate of the poor!"

The situation seems to require further regulation, but thus far wealthy lobbyists have resisted any efforts to force the richest 10% to supply breast milk for others.

"The traditional response among the bourgeois capitalistic and undertaxed wealthy is that the poor should simply be encouraged to produce their own breast milk. This is yet another 'bootstraps' argument from heartless conservatives who simply think that just because they have jobs they were privileged enough to produce breast milk that the poor should try it," said Joan Jones of the "Leche from the Rich League."

Said Jones, "The statistics show that milk supplies from poverty-stricken women dry up in a matter of days and never get past the colostrum stage. Meanwhile, the wealthier produce vast quantities of milk - more than they need. A government program of taxing the milkiest ten percent should be initiated in order to provide for those who cannot provide for their children."

"Requiring poor women to produce milk is part and parcel of the right wing movement. A poverty stricken mother has to worry about where her baby is going to get it's next meal, and making an underprivileged mother decide whether to produce milk or have the taxpayer buy her child formula only shows the ruthlessness of the Tea Party terrorists."

She ended with, "It shows just how important WIC funding for baby formula is. Without baby formula, these poor babies would starve unless we can get the wealthiest and milkiest to provide milk for everyone!"

www.alternut.com/Rich_want_poor_infants_to_starve

My wife is hotter than your wife.

But if they breast feed they can't drink, smoke, and/or do drugs without directly effecting the baby.

With formula we only have to worry about the secondhand effects. :|

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

So tell us Nanook how cash transactions inflate the money supply

Because just like credit, it was used. When the phrase "printing money" is used, it's not the literal action of ordering the printing presses to print dollars to be thrown out to the public. It's the FED selling bonds (borrowing) or buying bonds(taking money out of the economy) that puts money in and out thus increasing/decreasing interest rates ect. The FED is increasing/decreasing money supply by means of influencing behavior of banks and people. If the people don't take the FED up on their offer by utilizing the opportunity made available, then the "printing" isn't a complete process. Kind of like an open circuit. By you spending cash or using credit, you are in a sense, closing the circut and allowing the dynamics of "printing money" become a reality.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

...first of all......

ALL you finished, in one WHOLE day of Laying bricks was 1,400/?

hell i worked with some masons,, that could have done THAT, by lunch time...:D

Maybe.....If a "non -USA citizen" Laborer was working with you,, ( Guatemalen(sp) perhaps ) mixing mortar and supplying bricks.... you mightta done 2,000.....:|

Anyway. i do feel your pain, but Hell.... that's just part of American Life today.. I go into ANY store, and there are people there, speaking languages OTHER than English...Sometimes they are customers, sometimes they are Staff!!
what are ya' gonna do???? i just ignore it, take care of my purchases and feel, that I'm Glad that i have cash to spend.. ( from workin'), a place to exchange it for food, goods, etc. and then a semi-reliable :S vehicle , in which to drive to my "boughten and Paid for " !! HOME....
I wouldn't wanna be on welfare. or food stamps... would You???

I see from your profile DanJohnson that you joined this little "discussion group" quite recently.....
well here is a friendly "heads-up"...
chill out..

EXPECT the sort of responses which YOUR very post,,, elicited.. SHOW at least SOME respect for those on here,, who are making comments.... THEY are Not,,," some kinda freakin' Novice" to these forums and are equally entitled to expres their thoughts, as you are.....MOST of them have been around the block, a time or two.. especially the ones whom YOU dismiss, with poorly concealed distain...[:/]

THIS is speakers corner...Pal. and while I try to stay light hearted and cordial in ALL these forums, I have learned that this one,, ( SC ) plays by slightly more Grown Up ground rules......so be prepared, be forewarned..

As to Your original question.. The store manager is probably Already working 12 or 14 hour days.. He or She cares little about How people pay, or if they have to wait on line for an extra minute or three... But Sure... you can Add to His/Her workload, and aggravation factor, by complaining...
or else NOT:o;):)

peace

jmy
A 3914
D 12122

... paying with WIX certificates and food stamps. ...

Just wait until you get stuck behind someone paying for food with food stamps and then paying cash for their cigarettes, beer, and lottery tickets.

But of course this WAS in Kentucky, and one thing you'll learn when you live in Kentucky is it's pretty much a capital offense to disparage the tobacco industry inside the state lines.

Elvisio "couldn't see straight" Rodriguez

I see from your profile DanJohnson that you joined this little "discussion group" quite recently.....
chill out..

Hey Jimmy

"DanJohnson" has been here under a few guises... CliffWhite comes to mind based on posts "DanJohnson" has made.

chill out..

Hey Jimmy

"DanJohnson" has been here under a few guises... CliffWhite comes to mind based on posts "DanJohnson" has made.

...and/or "jimbrown", and/or "turbineterry", etc.....

chill out..

Hey Jimmy

Yeah. . .
he's been here since at least 2002.

If the guy pays his card off he isn't inflating anything.

He is, however, definatley taking up just as much of my time as anyone else using plastic to make a purchase, and that includes WIC cards. And in case it wasn't obvious, I really don't care if someone takes and extra 2 minutes out of my day. That's called "life"

Oh, and:

I'm not your "mate"
Owned by Remi #?

What sets me off into a homicidal rage is when someone uses a credit card, WIC card, and/or write a check. And if that isn't bad enough, they have more than 10 items in the express line. The rage goes up a few notches if their Guatemalan. >:(

Neil Young

I totally get your point.

Just yesterday, I was waiting in the express line at the grocery store to pay cash for fresh fruits and vegetable and I was delayed about 2 minutes by the thoughtless bastard in front of me who was using a credit card to buy a couple of porterhouse steaks and a bottle of overpriced Zinfandel.

I'm pretty pissed off that the management didn't send me to the head of the line because I had cash, I looked tired, and my groceries were more earthy.

Porterhouse & Zin...:o

The HORROR! [:/]

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~