DanJohnson

Food Stamps and welfare

So today after laying over 1400 brick in opressive heat and fighting traffic at the start of my 94 mile commute I stopped at the grocery store and found myself behind a Guatemalen (sorry my spelling sux!)couple paying with WIX certificates and food stamps.
Their whole interaction with the cashier seemed to take forever.
I just wanted to check out and get a shower!!!

Of course it seems to me self apparent that making anyone wait to pay you money is just bad buisiness .
It seems to me that making one wait to pay cash for the groceries they've collected from your store while some welfare recipient who barely speaks the lanquage ties up the line is a major folly.
I'm considering writing a letter to the top manager of the store expressing my displeasure and explaining why I'll no longer patronize their establishment.

What would you do?

a Guatemalen (sorry my spelling sux!)couple

Generic term, or you're certain of their country of origin?

Of course it seems to me self apparent that making anyone wait to pay you money is just bad buisiness .

I'm guessing that to the merchant, the reimbursement is basically the same as cash; so to the merchant, money is money, regardless of the form of scrip. (Maybe I'm wrong - if so, I'll stand corrected.) If so, then I suppose first in line is first in line.

It seems to me that making one wait to pay cash for the groceries they've collected from your store while some welfare recipient who barely speaks the lanquage ties up the line is a major folly.

Is waiting for welfare recipients who speak native English somehow less onerous?

(Hey Mike - here's your card!)

So today after laying over 1400 brick in opressive heat and fighting traffic at the start of my 94 mile commute I stopped at the grocery store and found myself behind a Guatemalen (sorry my spelling sux!)couple paying with WIX certificates and food stamps.

I'm considering writing a letter to the top manager of the store expressing my displeasure and explaining why I'll no longer patronize their establishment.

What would you do?

Dayum... dont you just hate those unwashed masses!!!!

***I'm guessing that to the merchant, the reimbursement is basically the same as cash; so to the merchant, money is money, regardless of the form of scrip. (Maybe I'm wrong - if so, I'll stand corrected.) If so, then I suppose first in line is first in line.

Listen again .., It seems to me self apparent that making anyone wait to pay you money is just bad buisiness.

Really Andy?
I mean is this your existence?

Do you really live just to argue on "Speakers' Corner"?

Dude.., get a grip!
Wait, get a life! If you need help PM me.

What would you do?

***Dayum... dont you just hate those unwashed masses!!!!

No I don't " hate those unwashed masses" I respect them with all of my heart.

My post was about the failure of the management of the grocery store to collect the money for my purchases in a quick and timely manner so I could be on my way.

Why do you want to make it about "unwashed masses"?

Are you a racist, a zenophobe, or perhaps you're just our freindly neighborhood transexual?

What would you do?

***Dayum... dont you just hate those unwashed masses!!!!

No I don't " hate those unwashed masses" I respect them with all of my heart.

My post was about the failure of the management of the grocery store to collect the money for my purchases in a quick and timely manner so I could be on my way.

Why do you want to make it about "unwashed masses"?

Are you a racist, a zenophobe, or perhaps you're just our freindly neighborhood transexual?

Who was it again stinkin up the place???

The fact YOU are the one who brought up their supposed country of origin.. and their economic status..... I guess it is indeed you who are a racist, a zenophobe and a Jerry Springer or Maury Povich watcher.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

So you have no responsive answer to a single point I raised. Got it.

Andy, you didn't raise any points germaine to the conversation.
That's why I'm worried about your mental stability! I'm a little concerned that you are sitting in front of the computer moniter with all the shades drawn.., wearing nothing but striped boxers and near knee high socks with all the lights off just waiting for the next posting of Dan Johnson . Waiting to masticate every sylable I write.

Dude.., You are sick!!!

Get some help!

What would you do?

As a customer - wait my turn, pay cash money, go home, and take a cold beer to the shower with me.

Maybe give the Guatemalen (sic) couple a pair of my beers because they're probably like all of the immigrants I've known from south of the US-Mexico border (hard workers usually sending part of their money home to support family in less prosperous places (minimum wage in Mexico is $80/week)), their gross monthly income is less than 130% of poverty level (the cut-off for food stamps), and they could use a drink they can't afford to buy themselves.

As a store owner - be happy, because with food stamps I'm not paying the banks a processing fee like I would HELOC debit cards, credit cards, or debit cards.

What would you do?

What is a WIX certificate?

WWJD in the same situation?

Who was it again stinkin up the place???

The fact YOU are the one who brought up their supposed country of origin.. and their economic status..... I guess it is indeed you who are a racist, a zenophobe and a Jerry Springer or Maury Povich watcher.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Now Now Young Lady,
I was commenting on the failure of management to take my cash and get me through the check out process in a timeley manner.
I don't care about all of the specifics of those who were having a hard time checking out themselves .
I simply posted those details as a matter of personal observation .

- Faaaaaaaaggot
- Get an abortion
- Abortions should be free at Walmart
- All teenage girls should be required to get abortions
- Gay people celebrate 911 like it's their ####in birthday
- 911 is like Christmas for gay people
- All Jews deserved to die in the holocaust
- Ha ha ha I'm just kidding, everyone knows the holocaust didn't happen
- Steve Jobs owns a PC
- Where are you going? There's no kitchen that way

BTW ignore everything written above and ...
click on this YouTube URL if you do not know what is going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg

carry on ... :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I totally get your point.

Just yesterday, I was waiting in the express line at the grocery store to pay cash for fresh fruits and vegetable and I was delayed about 2 minutes by the thoughtless bastard in front of me who was using a credit card to buy a couple of porterhouse steaks and a bottle of overpriced Zinfandel.

I'm pretty pissed off that the management didn't send me to the head of the line because I had cash, I looked tired, and my groceries were more earthy.
Owned by Remi #?

Why don't you have a profile?

I do, but no one has taken my picture from that angle!

OK that is kinda lame.

How about this.; Well Big Boy .., just exactly what are you lookin' to know about me?

Really, jcalor, ... I don't think you are my type but if I ever decide to swing the other way I'll be lookin' you up and thanks for the interest.
My life outlook was kinda bleak but now that jclalor is interested in me I have a new attitude!
Surely if jcalor wants me there are others who want me, have their teeth, and fear the wrath of Gaud!!!
Thanks JC!
For giving me HOPE !!!

- Faaaaaaaaggot
- Get an abortion
- Abortions should be free at Walmart
- All teenage girls should be required to get abortions
- Gay people celebrate 911 like it's their ####in birthday
- 911 is like Christmas for gay people
- All Jews deserved to die in the holocaust
- Ha ha ha I'm just kidding, everyone knows the holocaust didn't happen
- Steve Jobs owns a PC
- Where are you going? There's no kitchen that way

BTW ignore everything written above and ...
click on this YouTube URL if you do not know what is going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg

carry on ... :ph34r:

Do I come across as less than sincere or "snarky"?

If so my most sincere apologies.

I'll troll not to , I mean , I meant to say try not to be .., well as "snarky" in the future. Sincerely.

We all have a little troll in us. Some are just in denial of their trolling escapades. Now go make me a sammach because Michelle Bachmann and Christine O'Donnell are lesbian lovers while Barack Obama is a staunch advocate of small government and free markets. Plus Obama thinks the rich need another tax cut. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

***We all have a little troll in us.

Dude.., I mean ,OK, yeah, don't ask don't tell has been repealed for the military,,,. but umm.., really I don't have any troll in me and most of the people reading don't have any troll inside of them.., TMI Dude but I do support your Right to Marriage!!!

They did get your money, didn't they? And they managed to do it at a pretty low cost for their overhead. Looks like good management to me, speaking as a stock holder and not a customer.

***They did get your money, didn't they? And they managed to do it at a pretty low cost for their overhead. Looks like good management to me, speaking as a stock holder and not a customer.

Actually no.
See , this dead Elvis impersonator breeched the doors in a tribute to the King as a memorial kinda thing and in the South here we're pretty serious about Elvis.
At that point the manager stated the next 20 customers were No Charge and we all deserved a Pink Caddilac but would never own one.
That little bit of humor kinda pissed off like a rocket some lady named "Mary Kay" or some lady who was Mary Kay's rep.

PT II to come

>I'm pretty pissed off that the management didn't send me to the head of the line
>because I had cash, I looked tired, and my groceries were more earthy.

Avoid showering next time. It may not move you up in line, but it will make you more Righteous.

***I was delayed about 2 minutes by the thoughtless bastard in front of me who was using a credit card to buy a couple of porterhouse steaks and a bottle of overpriced Zinfandel.

I'm pretty pissed off that the management didn't send me to the head of the line because I had cash, I looked tired, and my groceries were more earthy.

You should have been pissed off by the fact that his use of a credit card just inflated the monetary system and you are now forced to pay for a portion of his purchases!!!

Bet ya' never thought of that angle did 'ja mate?