virgin-burner

should the US be more frightened of Al-QUAEDA, religious nutters or the worst of all enemies: EDUMUCATION!?

McVeigh

Okay, that's one Christian terrorist. Now, how many Muslim terrorists have their been? Furthermore, McVeigh's act was motivated by protest against tyrannical federal government, not by his religion or Christian principles. And yet so many people here want to spend all their energy in fear of Christians...

A single day of newspaper articles from terrorist bombings in the Middle East would exceed all the Christian terrorists you could dig up from the last 10 years in America.

What the heck, many people just have to have someone to hate to get through their days.

McVeigh

Okay, that's one christian terrorist. Now, how many muslim terrorists have their been?

From Wiki

Eric Robert Rudolph (born September 19, 1966), also known as the Olympic Park Bomber, is a criminal responsible for a series of bombings across the southern United States between 1996 and 1998, which killed two people and injured at least 150 others in the name of an anti-abortion and anti-gay agenda. The Federal Bureau of Investigation considers him a terrorist.[2]

As a teenager Rudolph was taken by his mother to a Church of Israel compound in 1984; it is connected to the Christian Identity movement

McVeigh

Okay, that's one christian terrorist. Now, how many muslim terrorists have their been?

From Wiki

Eric Robert Rudolph (born September 19, 1966), also known as the Olympic Park Bomber, is a criminal responsible for a series of bombings across the southern United States between 1996 and 1998, which killed two people and injured at least 150 others in the name of an anti-abortion and anti-gay agenda. The Federal Bureau of Investigation considers him a terrorist.[2]

As a teenager Rudolph was taken by his mother to a Church of Israel compound in 1984; it is connected to the Christian Identity movement

Now, let's not forget our not-so-religious, home-grown terrorists. "You Don't Need a Weatherman to Know Which Way the Wind Blows" Bernadine's a freekin college professor in Chicago. Teach your children well.

edit to fix link

McVeigh

From Wiki

Now, let's not forget our not-so-religious, home-grown terrorists. "You Don't Need a Weatherman to Know Which Way the Wind Blows" Bernadine's a freekin college professor in Chicago. Teach your children well.

We were talking about religious nutters... like the thread title says right????

From Wiki

During the twentieth century, members of extremist groups such as the Army of God began executing attacks against abortion clinics and doctors across the United States.[65][66][67] A number of terrorist attacks were attributed to individuals and groups with ties to the Christian Identity and Christian Patriot movements, including the Lambs of Christ.[68] A group called Concerned Christians were deported from Israel on suspicion of planning to attack holy sites in Jerusalem at the end of 1999, believing that their deaths would "lead them to heaven."[69][70] The motive for anti-abortionist Scott Roeder murdering Wichita doctor George Tiller on May 31, 2009 was a belief that abortion is criminal and immoral, and that this belief went "hand in hand" with his religious beliefs.

McVeigh

From Wiki

From Wiki

During the twentieth century, members of extremist groups such as the Army of God began executing attacks against abortion clinics and doctors across the United States.[65][66][67] A number of terrorist attacks were attributed to individuals and groups with ties to the Christian Identity and Christian Patriot movements, including the Lambs of Christ.[68] A group called Concerned Christians were deported from Israel on suspicion of planning to attack holy sites in Jerusalem at the end of 1999, believing that their deaths would "lead them to heaven."[69][70] The motive for anti-abortionist Scott Roeder murdering Wichita doctor George Tiller on May 31, 2009 was a belief that abortion is criminal and immoral, and that this belief went "hand in hand" with his religious beliefs.

OK, I'll give you that one on a technicality (although, my answer could fit the thread under the "edumucaton" choice since I made a reference to a teacher.:S) I'd rather take my chances with the occasional non-islamist religious nutcases whose criminal actions are generally able to be contained through the criminal justice system. I think the WU were fairly well organized and actually declared war on the US and followed through with several bombing attacks.

McVeigh

From Wiki

From Wiki

OK, I'll give you that one on a technicality (although, my answer could fit the thread under the "edumucaton" choice since I made a reference to a teacher.:S) I'd rather take my chances with the occasional non-islamist religious nutcases whose criminal actions are generally able to be contained through the criminal justice system. I think the WU were fairly well organized and actually declared war on the US and followed through with several bombing attacks.

Just for fun.. go look up how many right wing Christian Identity right wing militias we have running around our own country... who pose a clear and present danger in far greater numbers than the islamofacist boogey men that their religious nutter counterparts have used to decimate our civil rights in this country.

Name one terrorist group that is not religion based. Not all religous nutters are terrorists, but the opposite can't be said.

I think you should target the particular religious groups that are known for carrying out repeated terrorist attacks, and not lump in all other religious groups with them.

How many Americans have been killed by Al Queda/Taliban/etc. in the last 10 years?
How many Americans have been killed by Christian groups in that same time period?

The UK Government used to think that way about Islamist extremist groups in the UK, which allowed them to flourish. That didn't turn out to be a very good idea.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

McVeigh

Okay, that's one Christian terrorist.

I can't find any instance of McVeigh citing any religious txt as a reason for his crime.

C'mon, Divot. You know that SC posters are not known for logical thought.

It's enough that anybody even thought about a church for them to qualify as a "religious terrorist."

Patty Hurst went to church in the U.S. one time. So did Andreas Baader and Ulrike Meinhof in Europe. Ergo....
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

McVeigh

I can't find any instance of McVeigh citing any religious txt as a reason for his crime.

C'mon, Divot. You know that SC posters are not known for logical thought.

It's enough that anybody even thought about a church for them to qualify as a "religious terrorist."

Patty Hurst went to church in the U.S. one time. So did Andreas Baader and Ulrike Meinhof in Europe. Ergo....

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

A religious nutter.........is a religious nutter no matter the flavor of how he worships his chosen god. If he is willing to murder other human beings because they do not believe as he does... well......

I hope you can actually grasp that concept.... all of you.

McVeigh

He even said he wasn't a practicing Catholic...he, like most people tend to stray from God.

Overall, most "religious conflicts" are born from political discontent and rarely have anything to do with God. They simply use him to justify their violence because He's "on their side."

I could be wrong, but the only religious conflicts not born from political discontent were the Catholics burning the protestants, and maybe the puritans burning the witches...but even those instances weren't immune to political influence.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...