mnealtx

And then there was one...

Wisconsin passes concealed carry law

Well, the governor hasn't signed it yet. Is he expected to do so?
Who's left? Is Chicago the lone holdout at this point, nationwide?

Now there's a few places which should be upgraded from discretionary concealed carry states into shall-issue states. The personal feelings of individual sheriffs should not be used to deny permits, when people otherwise fully qualify.

Very timely. With the coming economic tsunami approaching, coupled with massive reductions in funding for law enforcement, the citizens will have to be more pro-active in their own protection.

What's this coming economic tsunami that you speak of? Honest question.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Nope. Back then the police were trustworthy and incorruptible. One could always just call the police and they'd be there to help.

Hahahaha!

Just like now. If there'as an intruder, just calling the cops will ensure your safety. The cops will be there withing ten minutes. Nothing to worry about.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Of course, the Chicago murder rate peaked in 1930 at about 15 per 100k, declining until about 1945 with around 6 per 100k. By 1994, with strict gun laws, the murder rate dropped to about 33 per 100k, though it is presently at around 18 per 100k.

Not since 1965 has the murder rate in Chicago been as low as it was in the wide open days of the Prohibition gangland.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Dillinger, Bugsy Malone, Baby Face Nelson, Al Capone.

None of those guys had permits.

If it were as hard to get a driver's license as it is to get a CCW permit, there wouldn't be any cars on the road.
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

[reply What's this coming economic tsunami that you speak of? Honest question.

Bush and Obama have both borrowed money from China and Japan and put this country on the brink of financial collapse. Now we have the Democrats wanting to borrow more money all the while wanting to pull more money from the economy by raising taxes.
If our rating gets lowered, this country is screwed...[:/]

Any more questions you need answered?

Of course, the Chicago murder rate peaked in 1930 at about 15 per 100k, declining until about 1945 with around 6 per 100k. By 1994, with strict gun laws, the murder rate dropped rose to about 33 per 100k, though it is presently at around 18 per 100k.

Not since 1965 has the murder rate in Chicago been as low as it was in the wide open days of the Prohibition gangland.

Good post. Correction made, above, in case anyone didn't detect the tongue-in-cheek sarcastic nature of your message.

Wisconsin passes concealed carry law

News:
All eyes turn to Illinois for next gun battle

With Wisconsin poised to allow people to carry concealed weapons in public, gun advocates have made Illinois — the last holdout — a prime target in their campaign to give citizens unrestricted rights to carry weapons...
Full story: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-conceal-carry-illinois-20110622,0,3927671.story

In a few years, even some Chicago professors might be applying for concealed carry licenses!

If it were as hard to get a driver's license as it is to get a CCW permit, there wouldn't be any cars on the road.

Nonsense.

So, you have a list of the places that require a full set of fingerprints and state/federal background checks to get a driver's license?

Please list them, I'd like to see where they are.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Nonsense.

So, you have a list of the places that require a full set of fingerprints and state/federal background checks to get a driver's license?

Just as soon as you provide a list of states that require as much training as is required to get a driver's license in Germany, where, if I'm not mistaken, cars are doing just fine.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Nonsense.

Just as soon as you provide a list of states that require as much training as is required to get a driver's license in Germany, where, if I'm not mistaken, cars are doing just fine.

We're discussing the United States, not Germany. *DO* try to keep up.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Nonsense.

Oh really?!? Where does it say that in this statement?

The assertion isn't supported by any evidence whatsoever, yet can be disproven almost trivially by a comparison to a country where it's actually the case.

Ignore facts if you want to, but that doesn't make you right.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Nonsense.

Oh really?!? Where does it say that in this statement?

I was unaware that WISCONSIN was a German state. Where *would* we be without you, Paul?

The assertion isn't supported by any evidence whatsoever, yet can be disproven almost trivially by a comparison to a country where it's actually the case.

Actually it is, as I showed above with the fingerprint/background check requirements. The fact that you have to use an entirely different country as a counter only reinforces my (and his) point.

Ignore facts if you want to, but that doesn't make you right.

Speaking of ignoring fact...you DID see where the thread was about Wisconsin, right?

You know....as in NOT Germany?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706