sabre1700

Be extra careful this Saturday!

Thats easy to answer. There is no God. I don't have to atone for shit. I will not have to "give an account" to any fairy tale being after death. I will simply die and ceast to exist. What's sad is when you die you will never know that you wasted so much of your time and effort while alive for nothing.

Jump out of an airplane without a parachute. As longn as you don't believe in gravity, you'll be alright. Right? Stand out in the middle of a busy street as long as you don't believe in big trucks. You'll be alright. Right? The light in the tunnel is either going to be the light at the end or an oncoming train. It will either "free your mind" and lead you to the truth....or squash you like a bug. One way or the other, however, you will meet the train. Your conscience informs you of this. You won't admit it but you know (because the rest of us all do) that lying is wrong. Have you lied? "All liars will have their part in the lake of fire." What you're doing now is dancing around inside of the plane with the music blaring, having a great time, about to jump out without your parachute on. You have no idea when that "green light" is going to come on.

LMAO, what's funny is you actually think you made some valid point. I see everytime you have no real counter argument you blurt out lame, incoherant garbage in an attempt to derail someone's argument. I will not waste my time going through your reply pointing out why your reply was so grotesquely ingorant and poorly thought out.

Jump out of an airplane without a parachute. As longn as you don't believe in gravity, you'll be alright. Right? Stand out in the middle of a busy street as long as you don't believe in big trucks. You'll be alright. Right?

Not very good analogies. We can see the truck with our own eyes. We can see the effects of gravity. Even if we had never had any personal experience with them, the existence of these things and their effects can be proven. We dont have to just take someone's word that its real and blindly obey.

Not so with God.
__

My mighty steed

Thats easy to answer. There is no God. I don't have to atone for shit. I will not have to "give an account" to any fairy tale being after death. I will simply die and ceast to exist. What's sad is when you die you will never know that you wasted so much of your time and effort while alive for nothing.

Jump out of an airplane without a parachute. As longn as you don't believe in gravity, you'll be alright. Right? Stand out in the middle of a busy street as long as you don't believe in big trucks. You'll be alright. Right? The light in the tunnel is either going to be the light at the end or an oncoming train. It will either "free your mind" and lead you to the truth....or squash you like a bug. One way or the other, however, you will meet the train. Your conscience informs you of this. You won't admit it but you know (because the rest of us all do) that lying is wrong. Have you lied? "All liars will have their part in the lake of fire." What you're doing now is dancing around inside of the plane with the music blaring, having a great time, about to jump out without your parachute on. You have no idea when that "green light" is going to come on.

There is ample objective evidence for gravity and the existence of big trucks.

The is NO evidence for the existence of your invisible friend.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Not very good analogies. We can see the truck with our own eyes. We can see the effects of gravity. Even if we had never had any personal experience with them, the existence of these things and their effects can be proven. We dont have to just take someone's word that its real and blindly obey.

Not so with God.

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. (Romans1:20)

We just disagree with the source. I say design implies a designer. You say matter & energy can come from nothing on it's own and organize itself blindly through random chance. Neither of which can be proved scientifically.

I hope you can do better than that. Probably the lamest argument I have ever heard, and I would expect to hear from an 8 year old, not an educated person.

Gravity and mass/energy have actually been proven beyond all reasonable doubt. fairy tales have not.

get real. With stuff like that, all you do is make our position stronger and stronger.

With all due respect, an MD is not an educational degree; it's a technical/vocational degree. One can only hope that some education came along with it.

That makes absolutely no sense.

I'm not surprised and I'm not going to try explaining something self-evident. Just as the overwhelming proportion of your posts indicate, trying to make rational sense to religious zealots is analagous to discussing the Wall Street Journal with your cat.

And don't bother parsing it and saying you're not a zealot. Anyone with an intellect reading this knows better.
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

We just disagree with the source. I say design implies a designer. You say matter & energy can come from nothing on it's own and organize itself blindly through random chance. Neither of which can be proved scientifically.

Even if what you've just said was valid, there would still not be one shred of evidence for the lake of fire or the particular 'designer' that wants to throw us into it.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. (Romans1:20)

You are pretty much saying here that the existence of the truck (having been made) proves the existence of God. :)
Circular logic. God made "stuff" and the existence of the stuff proves the existence of god.

As before, using scripture to back your arguments is pointless. The bible was
assembled by men from various documents that were written (by men) at different periods of time, hand picked to fit their views.

Its the word of men and proves nothing.
__

My mighty steed

You say matter & energy can come from nothing on it's own and organize itself blindly through random chance. Neither of which can be proved scientifically.

You need to do some catching up on your 6th grade science, you're falling behind the other kids.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You are pretty much saying here that the existence of the truck (having been made) proves the existence of God.

Circular logic. God made "stuff" and the existence of the stuff proves the existence of god.

Well, I would start with the existence of the truck indicates a truck maker/designer.

As before, using scripture to back your arguments is pointless. The bible was
assembled by men from various documents that were written (by men) at different periods of time, hand picked to fit their views.

Again...an assumtion (the part concerning their motives). I understand your perspective but it is in fact, an assumption.

Its the word of men and proves nothing.

I respect your opinion.

I say design implies a designer.

You 'assume' design, and therefore assume a designer. The is no evidence of either.

And you assume no designer despite the design.

No. Again, you're assuming the design.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>You say matter & energy can come from nothing on it's own and organize
>itself blindly through random chance.

So I take it you have never seen a quartz crystal or a snowflake.

Yes I have...good example...and the molecular structure for those consists of information which had to originate from somewhere.

Snowflakes

Thats easy to answer. .... blah...blah...blah.. What's sad is when you die you will never know that you wasted so much of your time and effort while alive for nothing.

I feel sorry for you. I really do mean that. Such a waste. I wish I could help you see the light. Free your mind. Take the blindfold off, but I can't. Religion has done it's job and has fully deluded you to the point of no return. I just hope you don't infect to many other people before you go.

I have my popcorn and my recliner so cut loose. What am I missing, What experiences have you had that I haven't, What is Truth, What new things does a free mind see, and since our destiny is oblivion and a source of protein for several generations of maggots, what does it matter what infectious thoughts one may entertain when its all over?

I say design implies a designer.

You 'assume' design, and therefore assume a designer. The is no evidence of either.

And you assume no designer despite the design.

No. Again, you're assuming the design.

True...but it seems reasonable. If I were walking down the street and I came upon a grouping of rocks on the sidewalk that formed words which read Jay Phillips, who lives at 405 Willowbrook Terrace, Dothan, AL 36301, brown/hazel eyes, brown hair, 5' 10" tall, I wouldn't assume that those rocks formed themselves in such a manner by chance no matter how many millions of years you waited. Yes, it is an assumption but our DNA is billions of times more complex and specific than what I just described. You may assume that it can all happen by chance but that also...is an assumtion.

Here is an interesting article about the Bacterial Flagellum. Much more complex than meets the eye. Irreducibly complex functionality. Could that have happened by chance? I don't think so...but you're free to your opinion. I just wish we'd all admit that we start from an assumption. It's the intellectually honest thing to do. We all have a starting point which we cannot entirely prove scientifically.

Thats easy to answer. .... blah...blah...blah.. What's sad is when you die you will never know that you wasted so much of your time and effort while alive for nothing.

I feel sorry for you. I really do mean that. Such a waste. I wish I could help you see the light. Free your mind. Take the blindfold off, but I can't. Religion has done it's job and has fully deluded you to the point of no return. I just hope you don't infect to many other people before you go.

I have my popcorn and my recliner so cut loose. What am I missing, What experiences have you had that I haven't, What is Truth, What new things does a free mind see, and since our destiny is oblivion and a source of protein for several generations of maggots, what does it matter what infectious thoughts one may entertain when its all over?

I don't live in fear anymore. I no longer have to fear eternal suffering in hell or eternal boredom in heaven. My life now has more meaning because this life is ALL I HAVE. Make the most of it! The thought of living on for all eternity kind of makes this life pretty pointless.

The Church profits from fear. It's their cash cow. The more people that help spread that fear the more people that get infected and become slaves to it and the church profits even more. Suffering for all eternity in hell was an absolute genius marketing ploy I have to admit. Fill them full of fear then sell them hope. CHA-CHING$$$$$$

I love knowing there is no "plan" for me. My destiny is mine to make. I decide my fate. That is so empowering I can't describe. I am no longer a slave to fear since I unbrainwashed myself from religion. I am FREE!

The truth = There is no god. The Bible is fiction.

I can now say... Fuck God! Fuck Jesus, Fuck the bible! Fuck all religions! .. I can say that without fear. It's kind of fun. You should try it. :p

I can prove God doesn't exist:
GOD, if you exist please strike me dead this instant! I DARE YOU! I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!

Here is an interesting article about the Bacterial Flagellum. Much more complex than meets the eye. Irreducibly complex functionality. Could that have happened by chance? I don't think so...but you're free to your opinion. I just wish we'd all admit that we start from an assumption. It's the intellectually honest thing to do. We all have a starting point which we cannot entirely prove scientifically.

Just take note of the website of the link he posted. Far from an unbiased site. Creationstudies.org. Lmao. They believe the universe is only 6,000 years old and don't believe in evolution even though evolution is FACT.

The is NO evidence for the existence of your invisible friend.

My invisible friend is a 6' rabbit named "Harvey", and don't tell me he doesn't exist.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It's not that this order could not have been created. It's that we've called what exists order.

What do you think "order" looks like to a dolphin?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I respect your opinion.

and I respect the way you refuse to be baited into losing your temper.

Your responses would seem to support the notion that you
are a rational thinker and that you dont get your feathers ruffled easily.

I wonder why you steadfastly refuse to apply this quality when pondering the mysteries of life?

Theres so much that we dont/cant even begin to understand and the universe is such a phenomenal, unfathomable mystery, but blindly accepting that what we dont understand yet is the result of omnipotent/omniscient beings that rule all and have a "plan" and we just have to take all that on faith alone is what humans did thousands of years ago.

We used to think thunder was made by an angry god. Now we know better.
__

My mighty steed

What do you think "order" looks like to a dolphin?

it's a fish

but, really, to a dolphin "disorder" also looks like a fish
as does happiness
fear
hunger
other dolphins
mathematics
sunlight
water
and fish....to a dolphin they also look like fish

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

After reading all of this I find it ironic how many who do not believe in God say the Christians are crazy and full of hate etc yet most of the hate in this thread comes from those who do not believe in God. I have no issue with those of you who do not have faith in a higher power but such a strong hate for it is crazy. Hate is bad no matter what. Nothing good can come from it.

Yes I know Christians have committed acts of hate so no point in bringing that up. I am not saying it never happened just saying that the negative emotion towards all of this is really not good.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com