jimbrown

What if Jesus didn't die on the cross

I am here. I am God.

I Am Who Am.
You and I are God and proof that God exists.

Peace,
Jim B

. You just broke the first and foremost commandment of God.

Now you are being rediculous! :)

It is the same lie originally told by Satan to Adam & Eve in tge garden and the same lie being perpetrated today.

The biggest lie in Genesis , if the Biblical story is to be believed, is God telling Adam and Eve they will die if they eat from the Tree of Life or the Tree of Knowledge.
They did eat of those trees and they became gods knowing Right from Wrong.

Peace,
Jim B

Psalm 82:
God presides in the great assembly;
he renders judgment among the “gods”:

“How long will you defend the unjust
and show partiality to the wicked?
Defend the weak and the fatherless;
uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.
Rescue the weak and the needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

“The ‘gods’ know nothing, they understand nothing.
They walk about in darkness;
all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

“I said, ‘You are “gods”;
you are all sons of the Most High.’
But you will die like mere mortals;
you will fall like every other ruler.”

Rise up, O God, judge the earth,
for all the nations are your inheritance.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I agree with the basis of your whole post actually. Positive reaction to the world is to create coping mechanisms that work for the individual. Faith might be one that's pretty effective.

If so, then why all the abuse on this website trying to belittle and destroy those supports from people that need it by those that have something else that works for them?

Rockclimbing.com seems to obsess over it and it's pretty much destroyed a good speaker's corner - it's starting to happen here now - it's goofy and petty.

The problem most atheists have is not that people believe in God, it's that their beliefs are rooted in society and politics.

Fact of the matter is many, many Christians look down upon those who aren't following their same beliefs. In my experience, majority of them do. And they kind of have to, to be a proper Christian. The Bible encourages and promotes trying to convert people, that is one's destiny as a Christian according to the bible.

Having a coping mechanism is fine, but it's when that coping mechanism gets pushed onto everyone around you that it becomes a problem.

Atheists don't want their rights to be determined by biblical teachings. They don't want to be oppressed by others beliefs - and like it or not, religion is prominent in politics, and people have this mentality that only Christians are good people. So much so that there would be no chance of an American president who is openly atheist. And that is why people try to destroy this crutch.

Having an object for motivation is fine, just don't make your problems mine, which unfortunately has already happened. And it's annoying to have Christians constantly looking down their noses at atheists. The movement you're describing is not one of action, but rather of reaction. The idea of 'attacking religion' is more of a fight for freedom. A world where you don't need to be religious to become president, where you don't need to be religious to be considered a 'good person' and a world where you can make your own moral decisions without your rights being affected by a majority of religious people with different ideals. Gay marriage for example, something strongly opposed by majority of religious people - it's something that wouldn't affect them, no one is forcing them to marry someone of the same sex, but because if their beliefs they feel they should be able to say what other people do.

Trust me, if people kept their oppressive religious beliefs to themselves, there would be no big desire from non-believers to constantly go up against their beliefs. But that's not the case.

What doctrine are you following on your path to enlightenment? reminds me of Urantia and Eckankar.

Your Urantia and Eckankar theory is a possibility, but I'm thinking it's just a perversion of John 10:34 without understanding the context and without reading and comprehending the significance of psalm 82 and Hebrews 1.

It may even possibly be a drug/alcohol induced perversion. I've known very strange/evil things to happen when one mixes God with drugs/alcohol. The early gnostics were a huge proponet of using mind altering chemicals to transcend to a special knowledge of God. Weird wild stuff...but who knows, maybe he is just messing around.[:/]

I think you are on target. The alcohol/drug combination sent me into bizarre worlds.

Alcohol=false courage
Cocaine=false intelligence and good looks
Psychedelics=false sense of deity
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

We are supposed to take that as definitive?

It's just as definitive as the bible itself. At least we know who the author is, so maybe it's more definitive than the bible.

Hmmmmm....This appears to be a good study for a graduate thesis in psychology. People are more likely to believe a story, rightly or wrongly, if the authors name is known. Why is that, I wonder? I'm not sure it's a good thing overall.

Say! We are already familiar with that concept....that is a primary factor in what gets politicians elected...name recognition!

Too bad for all of us that so many people fall into that trap...I recognize a name so I believe him/her.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

It may even possibly be a drug/alcohol induced perversion. I've known very strange/evil things to happen when one mixes God with drugs/alcohol.

I know and history is overflowing whith examples of very evil things happening when one mixes God with an ignorance of the true God(s).

Peace,
Jim B

[replyI think you are on target. The alcohol/drug combination sent me into bizarre worlds.

Alcohol=false courage

Ron,
Let me explain to you what you are missing.
Jesus taught that we are all Gods' children.

He was talking in metaphor as his audience was mostly uneducated.
What he was trying to convey is the fact that if we are all Gods' children then we are all Gods.

Jesus was nothing special other than the fact that he was educated to the highest learning, the Christ degree.

Even you have to admit that if he was already god when he was born none of his sufferings would have amounted to a hill of beans as he was a god and could just shrug them off like nothing. He would have known that he could never die as he was god.
And that's exactly how that occured ,isn't it?
He shrugged it of like nothing.
So what was his teaching?
His most important teaching is that we are all gods as well.
We are simply here having a human experience .

I'll explain the why in a future post.
Peace,
Jmi, B

Psalm 82:

What ? Are you attempting to bolster my point?

I'm pretty sure you're not but if you read that Psalm I'm pretty sure it kinda agrees with what I've been sayin'.

Oh one more thing..,
This King David .
The one who wrote most of the Psalms, how do you feel
about that guy?

Everything I've read pegs him as a bloodthirsty warmonger.
I'm not saying that is the case , I just wondered about your opinion of the man generally credited with writing the Psalms you reference in defense of *your blend* of Christianity and your sanity.

Peace,
Jim B

Alcohol=false courage

Ron,

What he was trying to convey is the fact that if we are all Gods' children then we are all Gods.

Jesus was nothing special other than the fact that he was educated to the highest learning, the Christ degree.

Even you have to admit that if he was already god when he was born none of his sufferings would have amounted to a hill of beans as he was a god and could just shrug them off like nothing. He would have known that he could never die as he was god.
So what was his teaching?
His most important teaching is that we are all gods as well.
We are simply here having a human experience .

I'll explain the why in a future post.
Peace,
Jmi, B

Urantia or Eckankar?

Sounds more like Urantia. Or is it a newer one?

The rhetoric is often repeated and rephrased. Ye are gods. Reject Christ and the world is yours.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

The problem most atheists have is not that people believe in God, it's that their beliefs are rooted in society and politics.

Fact of the matter is many, many Christians look down upon those who aren't following their same beliefs. In my experience, majority of them do. And they kind of have to, to be a proper Christian. The Bible encourages and promotes trying to convert people, that is one's destiny as a Christian according to the bible.

Having a coping mechanism is fine, but it's when that coping mechanism gets pushed onto everyone around you that it becomes a problem.

Atheists don't want their rights to be determined by biblical teachings. They don't want to be oppressed by others beliefs - and like it or not, religion is prominent in politics, and people have this mentality that only Christians are good people. So much so that there would be no chance of an American president who is openly atheist. And that is why people try to destroy this crutch.

Having an object for motivation is fine, just don't make your problems mine, which unfortunately has already happened. And it's annoying to have Christians constantly looking down their noses at atheists. The movement you're describing is not one of action, but rather of reaction. The idea of 'attacking religion' is more of a fight for freedom. A world where you don't need to be religious to become president, where you don't need to be religious to be considered a 'good person' and a world where you can make your own moral decisions without your rights being affected by a majority of religious people with different ideals. Gay marriage for example, something strongly opposed by majority of religious people - it's something that wouldn't affect them, no one is forcing them to marry someone of the same sex, but because if their beliefs they feel they should be able to say what other people do.

Trust me, if people kept their oppressive religious beliefs to themselves, there would be no big desire from non-believers to constantly go up against their beliefs. But that's not the case.

It is called cultural relativity.

Do you have a problem with Christian politicians dominating your government in South Africa?

More so than you'd imagine. The Government uses God more here than anywhere else I've seen. It's so intertwined with politics that it the church often has to step out to speak against what politicians say. Recently the ruling party told people if they didn't vote for them they'd be putting themselves in hell, or something equally as manipulative... Hence a church leader having to release a press statement saying people mustn't worry about going to hell for voting for the wrong party.

Whether or not these are true Christians is beyond the point, they continue to claim to be and continue to use religion in politics. And still try to push 'Gods will" on people.

South Africa can be likened to the Southern U.S states when it comes to religion.

You sure about that?

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.' (Matthew 7:21-23)

The bible is replete with description of the good and the bad, the wheat and the tares, the good fruit and the bad fruit, fig trees among thorns/thistles, the elect and the non-elect...God loved Jacob but hated Esau...God's hatred of the Amalekites...great emphasis throughout the bible seems to be placed on the fact that there are plenty of people who claim to be Christian who are permitted to remain amongst the true believers until "the harvest"...judgment... It's in all the parables in the NT. Are we "all" God's people? Doesn't seem to be the case. Some of the Pharisees were even described as "sons of the devil" and not of God.

God in essense...not in person. With God's divine power, the Son emptied himself...stepped down from his throne...became flesh...became "fully" human...took on a new role....experienced "everything" as we would in order to fulfil the law (which we could not)...and pay the penalty for "our" injustice so that we might be set free. So...even though "from our perspective" his suffering wasn't for very long...from God's perspective....it was an eternity...it was an infinite punishment for an infinite crime.

He cried tears of blood in the Garden of Gethsemanie. Those weren't because he was afraid of Roman nails or torture. It was because he knew what was in the "cup" he had to drink on our behalf. It was because he knew the payment which had to be made. Because he was fully human...he cried out to the father to take the burden from him because he thought it was too great. However, he did the will of the Father despite this and freely offered himself as the propitiation.

Recently the ruling party told people if they didn't vote for them they'd be putting themselves in hell, or something equally as manipulative...........South Africa can be likened to the Southern U.S states when it comes to religion.

:S - the only people falling for this kind of religious manipulation here in the states are the worshippers of global warming.

Most Americans, if told they'd go to hell based on a vote - would vote against that person on principle.

Perhaps you meant "South Africa can be likened to one or two very isolated compounds in a single US state when it comes to religion."

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Psalm 82:

What ? Are you attempting to bolster my point?

I'm pretty sure you're not but if you read that Psalm I'm pretty sure it kinda agrees with what I've been sayin'.

Oh one more thing..,
This King David .
The one who wrote most of the Psalms, how do you feel
about that guy?

Everything I've read pegs him as a bloodthirsty warmonger.
I'm not saying that is the case , I just wondered about your opinion of the man generally credited with writing the Psalms you reference in defense of *your blend* of Christianity and your sanity.

Peace,
Jim B

With regard to Psalm 82:

In Psalm 82:6 God says to the rulers of Israel, "Ye are gods." Does that mean there are many gods? No. In speaking to the judges of Israel, God was not referring to their essence but their office. As judges they represented God in judging Israel. They were to judge the people as if God were judging them. Nevertheless the psalmist made it clear that they were not His equal for he immediately said, "But ye shall die like men" (v. 7). It is the Holy God alone he appeals to in saying, "Arise, O God, judge the earth" (v. 8).

God, Satan, and Angels - John MacArthur

More so than you'd imagine. The Government uses God more here than anywhere else I've seen. It's so intertwined with politics that it the church often has to step out to speak against what politicians say. Recently the ruling party told people if they didn't vote for them they'd be putting themselves in hell, or something equally as manipulative... Hence a church leader having to release a press statement saying people mustn't worry about going to hell for voting for the wrong party.

Whether or not these are true Christians is beyond the point, they continue to claim to be and continue to use religion in politics. And still try to push 'Gods will" on people.

South Africa can be likened to the Southern U.S states when it comes to religion.

Wow! I understand your animosity. However, let me reassure you, it is not that bad here in the South.