wayneflorida

Burn the flag; freedom of speech

I will say that the Hippie was well within his legal rights.

I just say let's give em' the right to burn their hippie lettuce instead...maybe that'll kick start their patriotism.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I will say that the Hippie was well within his legal rights.

I just say let's give em' the right to burn their hippie lettuce instead...maybe that'll kick start their patriotism.

Well, consider that hemp was used for well over 100 years to make the U.S. flag...;), until the marijuana tax stamp act>:(
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Uh.. I am a tad more than that. I have fought for my country. deployed three times. I have walked the walk sir, and thanks to the sacrifices of a LOT of servicemen and women I will talk the talk. Don't burn the flag in my presence. Period

No you're not. One day you'll think you are though and you'll try it out but it's not gonna end pretty.

If my disagreeing with the burning of the flag means me stopping you from burning it..thats the way it goes.

You have the right to disagree. Period. You want to try anything more than that and you'll end up learning a bit more aobut other peoples rights as well.

You have not earned the right to pass judgment on whether or not he is fit to wear a uniform.

Walk a million miles in someone else's combat boots before opening your mouth.

I'll take that right and pass judgement. According to what he has posted here he is not now nor ever been fit to wear a uniform. He is not what the Military stands for.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

Ummm...you do know that your flag is hung backwards, right?

"The rule is that when a flag is hung vertically the honour point (i.e., the top-left hand corner) should still be at the top-left. This means that most flags rotate 90 degrees and are then turned over. For example, the US flag has to be reversed to keep the canton in the top-left."
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I'd say he deserved to fly the flag anyway he wants...but if his house burt down, I reserve the right to kick his ass!:D

Sorry all...insomnia gets the worst of me. It the thorn in my side...

No excuses though.

Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

"The rule is that when a flag is hung vertically the honour point (i.e., the top-left hand corner) should still be at the top-left. This means that most flags rotate 90 degrees and are then turned over. For example, the US flag has to be reversed to keep the canton in the top-left."

You're right, it is. YIKES!!!!

That reminds me. When I lived on Main Street, in St. Charles, MO., I was right across the street from the first capitol building and the visitor center. On most days, the guy who hung the State flag, hung it upside down. He would hang it on the mast from the second story window. From his point of view, it was correct. From the street, it was wrong. I use to yell over to him that it was upside down. We always got a good laugh about it. I even took pictures of it:D
Neil Young

Since we're on the subject of proper display of the flag. Why does the Army put the flag on their right shoulder, with the stars in the upper right corner ? It seems backwards, but there is probably a reason.

Life is short ... jump often.

I'd say he deserved to fly the flag anyway he wants...but if his house burt down, I reserve the right to kick his ass!:D

Sorry all...insomnia gets the worst of me. It the thorn in my side...

No excuses though.

And, I should get a good ass whupping for such an infraction[:/]

Actually the flag hands in a doorway that is seldom used. There are two ways into the room. It hangs there because it looks cool when the sunlight from the windows in that room shine through it. On one side - correct. On the other - it's an infraction.
You can only kick half of my ass. Deal?;)
Neil Young

Since we're on the subject of proper display of the flag. Why does the Army put the flag on their right shoulder, with the stars in the upper right corner ? It seems backwards, but there is probably a reason.

Stars are always forward, as if the soldier is marching with a flagpole.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

what he said.

you may also notice some commercial aircraft that have a US flag on the side have the flag oriented in the same manner. Same reasoning.
--
Rob

I hope everyone has a safe weekend. Discourse is good for the soul. As for you Broken R 1 I am not an asshole and while I may differ about burning the flag I do not think I deserved that personal attack. I am a decent sort.. And I am proud of my service and what I have done for other people over the years

I hope everyone has a safe weekend. Discourse is good for the soul. As for you Broken R 1 I am not an asshole and while I may differ about burning the flag I do not think I deserved that personal attack. I am a decent sort.. And I am proud of my service and what I have done for other people over the years

I'm sure you're a great guy apart from your tendencies towards performing acts of criminal violence.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

The notion of criminal violence all depends on who's laws are being broken and why it is being done.

That is why there is such things as jury nullification and also sanctioned violence as part of an operation which is actually a crime perpetrated upon a possibly predetermined target.

Uh.. I am a tad more than that. I have fought for my country. deployed three times. I have walked the walk sir, and thanks to the sacrifices of a LOT of servicemen and women I will talk the talk. Don't burn the flag in my presence. Period

More likely you fought for the intrests of the very wealthy. Any sacrifices you and your fellow soldiers made were in vain if you thought you were preserving "democracy" or "protecting the Rights" of others.
You were merely used as a pawn and you don't even realize it.

Kissinger is quoted as saying that "Military men are dumb,.stupid animals...".
I'll leave it to you to find the rest of that quote.
By the way , Kissinger has developed much of our foreign policy and still has a great hand in it today.
Peace,
Jim B

The notion of criminal violence all depends on who's laws are being broken and why it is being done.

That is why there is such things as jury nullification and also sanctioned violence as part of an operation which is actually a crime perpetrated upon a possibly predetermined target.

Okay. I'm sure he's a great guy apart from his tendencies towards performing acts of violence.

Happy? Somehow I doubt you are.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

More likely you fought for the intrests of the very wealthy. Any sacrifices you and your fellow soldiers made were in vain if you thought you were preserving "democracy" or "protecting the Rights" of others.
You were merely used as a pawn and you don't even realize it.

Kissinger is quoted as saying that "Military men are dumb,.stupid animals...".
I'll leave it to you to find the rest of that quote.
By the way , Kissinger has developed much of our foreign policy and still has a great hand in it today.
Peace,
Jim B

Sad but true. They have become pawns to be moved around the board by others, dying to support the interests of people who will never even know their names.

It hasn't always been the case, but it seems true in much of recent history.

Hell has just frozen over.
I find merit in what each of you have said here.

Don't get cocky.

Don't worry Andy.
I can't speak for the kid but I have never waited for your approval of my ideas and comments.
Beleive it or not (and I know this is hard for you to believe)
I don't generally post seeking your approval !!

I like ya !!
We could have a great time jumping and hangin' around the campfire together drinking beer !!!

For the most part our political views are diametriclly opposed.

You are a fox or CNN lemming. I watch the news.

Still I"d like to jump with you.
LOL!
Peace,
Jim B

Decent sort? Doesn't appear so from what you posted. There was no personal attack but I did form an opinion about you, not from your own opinions but by your threats. Don't think you're the only one to have served or that it and anything you have done for others somehow justifies any negative actions you try to take.

The definition of Terrorism...

–noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

I have no problem with a difference of views including yours. I do have a problem when that difference of turns into actions such as your threats against any who exercise their freedom in front of you. I value my freedom and do not want to give it up for someone Else's idolism or for the false sense of security people are seeking nowadays. I respect the flag but if I have to choose between my freedom and a piece of cloth that is supposed to represent values including that freedom I would rather have the real thing. I've never burned a flag for any reason myself nor have plans to. When extreme hate such as yours comes up however I can see why people would.

Decent sort?

I would bet, other than what we post, most of us are very decent people who let our emotions come out. Often, those emotions are twisted by others, if not by our own selves. I defend my lifestyle and others like to knock it down. I fire back out of emotion. Sometimes, we just need to step away.
Neil Young

Decent sort?

I would bet, other than what we post, most of us are very decent people who let our emotions come out. Often, those emotions are twisted by others, if not by our own selves. I defend my lifestyle and others like to knock it down. I fire back out of emotion. Sometimes, we just need to step away.

I would agree that most are decent people. The internet can also change what we say or how we tend to act. I hope I'm very tolerant and open to different lifestyles, ideas, and opinions. However actions or threats of action go beyond beliefs and intrude into others rights. There needs to be a balance.

Hi Jumpsalot-2,
Would it be possible for you to send my 6yr old son a bigun?
Not for burning. He wants to display it in his bed room.
I think that a flag that has some character is better than an off the shelf one. I am an American living in Germany and my son is American/German.
Let me know,
Take care,
space

I had forgotten that. It was on my E-5 test IIRC.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239