SivaGanesha

so the obvious question about the prospective government shutdown

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but aparently the military is considered "non-essential" since they are talking about only paying them half of their pay and then paying them the rest later after the budget is approved.

no, that's a shameless negotiation stance, just like the GOP's offer of a holdover bill that only funds defense.

Well it sure as hell aint hippies.. since they seem to not want war so much as do your fellow travellers out there on the far right that continuely want to nuke this group or that.. or want to go kick ass here and there. All that sabre rattlin... is pretty meaningless with those plastic sabers that are wielded so well by the Dan Quayles and Dick Cheneys in their youth.

What do you consider all the cruise missile strikes that Clinton and Obama have ordered?

PS: Are you blissful?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

These freshman tea baggers don't seem to understand that.

If they are stupid enough to force a shutdown then they should all stop getting paid as well. If they want to put a couple million Americans out of work then they should join them in the unemployment lines.

+1

It was their job to pass a budget back then

They knew the spending they wanted would not fly so they passed and now are trying to blame the other side

The Dems did not do their job when they controled the house

That job was to submit and pass a budget

They didnt

purposely

Why just blame the tea bag people? Even after the election, the Democrats had control of the House, Senate and Presidency till the end of the year. This is the budget that should have passed last year, but Pelosi chose not to bring a budget up. Why? Seems to me that they had a hand in engineering this crisis for political gain.

The Rescumlicans allowed Shrub to keep the Iraq invasion and occupation, as well as the Afghanistan conflict, OFF BUDGET. In other words, they sleazed out and did NOT put their excellent adventures ON THE BOOKS for the purpose of deficit calculations.

The current administration put the shit they inherited BACK ON THE BOOKS. Honesty is, in theory, a value that the RWCs support. The reality is that truth and honesty have no value to them. None.

The rescums managed to keep the Shrub tax cuts for the extremely wealthy in place. Now the rescums are making the poor and the elderly pay for the tax cuts. That is really Christian of you, you bastards.

Cutting tiny slices out of 12% of the budget is meaningless, unless your goal is to fuck over the average folks for the benefit of the extremely wealthy. Cutting Pell grants when education is getting more and more expensive? That certainly meets the RWC agenda of having uneducated folks that are easily led.

How about some real budget cuts, starting with the tax subsidies and givebacks to the most profitable companies in the world, the oil companies? When that starts happening, then we'll have some real progress towards reducing the defecits. The next step is to RAISE taxes on those that can easily afford to pay them. A perfect start is to raise the 15% flat tax on dividend and investment income to be on par with ordinary income tax. That right there would totally resolve the deficit. It will never happen because the sheeple have been told by the corporate media that this would destry the economy, and the sheeple are really gullible. The folks that benefit from the tax cuts own the mass media and control the information available, to a great extent.

If the hedge fund managers in NYC had paid the same percentage of their income in taxes as the average citizen, the cuts that are being fought over would not be necessary. They don't, so us regular folks have to pick up the slack. When are the RWCs going to start to get a clue?

The dems punted their job
Suck it up and face it lefty

They made a politcal calculation regarding the budget because they knew voters would not stand for their spending crap

Acept it

it is the truth

your redirections do nothing to change this
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

As usual an attack on the poster instead of an answer to the question.

Have at it.

OHH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Need some cheese with that DUUUUUD???

Do you ever have anything of substance to say? Ever?

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Well it sure as hell aint hippies.. since they seem to not want war so much as do your fellow travellers out there on the far right that continuely want to nuke this group or that.. or want to go kick ass here and there. All that sabre rattlin... is pretty meaningless with those plastic sabers that are wielded so well by the Dan Quayles and Dick Cheneys in their youth.

What do you consider all the cruise missile strikes that Clinton and Obama have ordered?

WWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

The sound of you not having a clue.... yet again.:S:S

Have at it.

All the time... its just not what you want to hear.. since you are too busy listening to FAUX NEWS and all that NEVER IS HEARD A DISCOURAGING WORD....which drowns out anything resembling common sence. I swear to god... if they say it on their "fair and balanced" network... idiots far and wide... take it as GOSPEL.. oh thats right.. most of them THINK.... its GOSPEL inspired:S:S:S:S:S

WWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

The sound of you not having a clue.... yet again.:S:S

Do you consider launching cruise missiles to be "sabre rattlin"?

Have at it.

All the time... its just not what you want to hear.. since you are too busy listening to FAUX NEWS and all that NEVER IS HEARD A DISCOURAGING WORD....which drowns out anything resembling common sence. I swear to god... if they say it on their "fair and balanced" network... idiots far and wide... take it as GOSPEL.. oh thats right.. most of them THINK.... its GOSPEL inspired:S:S:S:S:S

Ok, so the answer to my question would be a resounding no, because you have no earthly clue what news sources I watch. A fairly recent post to Wendy, someone whose sense and kindness I can only aspire to, answered that question. Feel free to use the search feature to get your answer. Naw, you're too busy spewing the same crap you've done here for years. Years Jeanne. Isn't life too short to keep doing this?

Your posts are so full of idiotic assumptions, conjecture, vitriolic stupidity and an infantile desire to insult people who do not agree with you (usually with attacks of a leud, obscene tone or having religously intolerant underpinnings), that one must begin to wonder if there is an organic neurological condition at work here - traumatic brain injury patients often exibit such symptoms. Meh, maybe it's just demonic ;) that's more fun to believe.

Regardless of the etiology, have fun in your mire while I move on with more important things.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Have at it.

Ok, so the answer to my question would be a resounding no, because you have no earthly clue what news sources I watch. A fairly recent post to Wendy, someone whose sense and kindness I can only aspire to, answered that question. Feel free to use the search feature to get your answer. Naw, you're too busy spewing the same crap you've done here for years. Years Jeanne. Isn't life too short to keep doing this?

Your posts are so full of idiotic assumptions, conjecture, vitriolic stupidity and an infantile desire to insult people who do not agree with you (usually with attacks of a leud, obscene tone or having religously intolerant underpinnings), that one must begin to wonder if there is an organic neurological condition at work here - traumatic brain injury patients often exibit such symptoms. Meh, maybe it's just demonic ;) that's more fun to believe.

Regardless of the etiology, have fun in your mire while I move on with more important things.

Right... so how many posts to me personally have you conjured up while you are doing those IMPORTANT THINGS in the background???

Slow typing????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Decided to run and hide under a bridge instead of answering my question ... typical.

TSK TSK TSK...
There ya go again little fella.... just cain't hep yersef cain ya...

And still no answer ... typical.

Decided to run and hide under a bridge instead of answering my question ... typical.

TSK TSK TSK...

Strokin... as usual:S

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but aparently the military is considered "non-essential" since they are talking about only paying them half of their pay and then paying them the rest later after the budget is approved.

no, that's a shameless negotiation stance, just like the GOP's offer of a holdover bill that only funds defense.

Agreed. I've been waiting for the news to pick up on this simple topic but they won't do it and our legislators keep talking in code. My understanding is that the actual funding bill has been agreed upon but the thing that's holding it up are the dozens of riders that have been attached. Obama needs to come out and say "strip off the damn riders and send me the f'n clean bill!" The media might actually be able to grasp that one.

Except then we will start debating the President's potty mouth instead[:/]

If the hedge fund managers in NYC had paid the same percentage of their income in taxes as the average citizen, the cuts that are being fought over would not be necessary. They don't, so us regular folks have to pick up the slack. When are the RWCs going to start to get a clue?

uh, the average citizen (median) pays no income taxes at all, so I'll take that hedge manager's income at the capital gains rate over 0.

TSK TSK TSK...

And still no answer ... I thought you learned from your mistakes?

TSK TSK TSK...

TSK TSK TSK...

And still no answer ... Do I need ask the question again but using smaller words?

TSK TSK TSK...

And still no answer ... Do I need ask the question again but using smaller words?

You can ask till hell freezes over BUTTers, but I certainly have no desire to answer any of your silly vituperative questions... not that you have anything better to do but get off on your usual stalkerish nonsensical posts.

Face it.. ANYTHING I post.. annoys the fuck out of you....:)

TSK TSK TSK...

You can ask till hell freezes over BUTTers, but I certainly have no desire to answer any of your silly vituperative questions... not that you have anything better to do but get off on your usual stalkerish nonsensical posts.

Face it.. ANYTHING I post.. annoys the fuck out of you....:)

And still no answer ... maybe this will help.

PS: You make a lot of sexual references towards me. I'm flattered but not interested.