dreamdancer

The GOP's Absurd Plan for the Economy: Lowering YOUR Wages

if unions had managed to keep wages up to match productivity we wouldn't be in the financial mess we are in now...

Maybe true, but what Unions actually did was jack up the wages well above productivity.

no they didn't. the rich decided that they wanted a bigger and bigger share of the productivity pie.
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

no they didn't. the rich decided that they wanted a bigger and bigger share of the productivity pie.

Ah.... you know you just can't make up something and then claim it as fact right?

So you are claiming that workers didn't get wage increases?

Yeah, you can't really respond with facts.

Ah.... you know you just can't make up something and then claim it as fact right?

So you are claiming that workers didn't get wage increases?

that didn't keep up with productivity increases...

(the rich took that extra money)

Preaching to the serfs and peasants is like having a meaningfull conversation with a box of rocks.... you get frustrated.. and the box of rocks... is still just that.

I'm sorry, but your recent history with your investments shows you to be unqualified to even participate in this conversation, let alone try to shovel out the above. You are the serf, and it cost you a ton of money.

as for Shah - he speaks well to your kind, but gives no advice of value. Fatalism is not healthy for your future wealth. And he's grossly overstated the advantages of the wealthy.

No I had the usual RIP OFF MONEY manager.... I bet you know a few who did VERY well in the last few years stealing from others.

No I had the usual RIP OFF MONEY manager.... I bet you know a few who did VERY well in the last few years stealing from others.

I recall you telling us how you sold out low, and then sat on the sideline in 2009 when the market nearly doubled. How is that the manager's fault?

Since 1975, productivity increased by nearly 180 percent – meaning that we almost tripled what we could produce per hour of labor. But unlike the post-WWII period, it wasn’t shared. Here are the brutal facts:

The average real wage of the non-supervisory production workers (which comprise 82.4 percent of total private non-farm employees) actually declined by 9 percent between 1975 and 2010.

Meanwhile the top 1 percent saw their share of national income rise from 8 percent in 1975 to 23.5 percent in 2005

More amazing still, the wage gap between the top 100 CEOs and the average worker jumped from $45 to $1 in 1970 to an unbelievable $1,723 to $1 in 2006

Today after the crash, financial incomes are so enormous that in 2010, John Paulson, the top hedge fund manager, earned $2.4 million an HOUR (not a misprint), and his tax rate is less than yours

http://www.alternet.org/economy/150343/the_real_story_of_our_economy%3A_why_our_standard_of_living_has_stalled_out/?page=entire

have you actually been keeping track of where the bulk of the wealth has gone over the last 30 years????

Yes. The Federal Government and state government. .

The government IS the people of the USA.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

[Reply]Preaching to the serfs and peasants is like having a meaningfull conversation with a box of rocks.... you get frustrated.. and the box of rocks... is still just that.

It's funny to me how I've spent years discussing the haute mindset of viewing the people as "peasants." And here we see an example of it.

Preaching to the peasants always worked when the peasants were kept ignorant and uneducated. The peasants looked to their lieges for food, protection, assistance. They knew no different - it's the way it was. Until eventually they began to ask why they weren't free. Why their efforts went to provide for the elite.

You view them as peasants and serfs. People like me view them as those who have the power to do for themselves. Nowadays, there is a sizeable portion of the population who realizes that we aren't mere serfs or peasants, there to act and behave as the self-anointed tell them.

And this bothers the elite because those who believe they are better than everyone else just cannot accept that others may view things differently or even, shockingly, that a person may know more about what is better for him or her than the preacher does.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

have you actually been keeping track of where the bulk of the wealth has gone over the last 30 years????

Yes. The Federal Government and state government. Trillions of dollars per year. We're talking between 1/4 and 1/3 of the economy going TO the government.

Plus

- The financial industry. The government buying and guaranteeing mortgages means that banks don't have skin in the game which means they needn't limit mortgage amounts to levels buyers can truly afford thus causing housing prices to go up radically. Government backed student loans and special treatment in bankruptcy of private loans makes more money available and has allowed the cost of education to increase at 4X the inflation rate.

- The health care industry. Special treatment of group plans since WW2 has created a market with little competition and allowed prices to increase radically faster than inflation.

[Reply]Preaching to the serfs and peasants is like having a meaningfull conversation with a box of rocks.... you get frustrated.. and the box of rocks... is still just that.

It's funny to me how I've spent years discussing the haute mindset of viewing the people as "peasants." And here we see an example of it.

Preaching to the peasants always worked when the peasants were kept ignorant and uneducated. The peasants looked to their lieges for food, protection, assistance. They knew no different - it's the way it was. Until eventually they began to ask why they weren't free. Why their efforts went to provide for the elite.

You view them as peasants and serfs. People like me view them as those who have the power to do for themselves. Nowadays, there is a sizeable portion of the population who realizes that we aren't mere serfs or peasants, there to act and behave as the self-anointed tell them.

And this bothers the elite because those who believe they are better than everyone else just cannot accept that others may view things differently or even, shockingly, that a person may know more about what is better for him or her than the preacher does.

FAUX NEWS..... supporting TRICKLE for all serfs

Mindless robots always accuse those who disagree of being mindless robots.

I don't watch Fox News. I don't watch television. But I trust that a vastly large number of viewers of Fox News are capable of independent thought. It may, in fact, be that they watch Fox News because, goodness gracious, they found the other networks disagreeable.

But hey. Let's assume that Fox News is merely preaching to the choir. Why does that bother you? How ridiculous have the Brent Bozell's of the country sounded with their allegations of media bias? I can say to all y'all on the other side that you sound no better.

Ps - I usually preferred to watch MSNBC. Especially Tim Russert during elections. I also liked MSNBC's documentary lineup. Like Lockup. Fun stuff.

Mindless robots always accuse those who disagree of being mindless robots.

I don't watch Fox News. I don't watch television. But I trust that a vastly large number of viewers of Fox News are capable of independent thought. It may, in fact, be that they watch Fox News because, goodness gracious, they found the other networks disagreeable.

But hey. Let's assume that Fox News is merely preaching to the choir. Why does that bother you? How ridiculous have the Brent Bozell's of the country sounded with their allegations of media bias? I can say to all y'all on the other side that you sound no better.

Ps - I usually preferred to watch MSNBC. Especially Tim Russert during elections. I also liked MSNBC's documentary lineup. Like Lockup. Fun stuff.

Gee I guess the other networks were not telling them what they wanted to hear about Obama being a Muslim who was not really born in Hawaii and he hates America???

They expect to "never is heard a discouraging word.. and the skies are not cloudy all day"

Think President Obama is a Muslim?

Think the question is insulting? With all due respect, we're guessing you don't get out of town much or only read stuff that you agree with -- a LOT of Americans erroneously do.

We're here to take you on a cultural tour. You've got to check out the below video of an influential group of voters who could help choose our next president.

The below video clip is of a focus group of Republican Iowa voters, conducted by Republican pollster Frank Luntz for Fox News. Most of them think Obama is a Muslim. Then again, nearly one in five Americans think he is.

One in 5 Americans.. yup sonds like FAUX NEWS watchers to me:S:S:Scrazy]:S:S:S

Independent thought.... RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT:S:S:S:S

Right. Much like in 2007 where 35% of Democrats believed that Dubya knew about the 9/11 attacks beforehand and 26% weren't sure.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/bush_administration/22_believe_bush_knew_about_9_11_attacks_in_advance

I guess the other networks didn't give the mindless drones that constituted 61% of Democrats what they wanted to hear.

There are "Truthers" just like "Birthers." There are those who believe Obama is Muslim and can't be trusted any more than a lifelong Christian who would throw his black minister under the bus.

Think that Fox News tells people what they want to hear? If so, then apparently they just hit a niche that had been otherwise unrepresented in the media.

I don't watch Fox News. I don't watch television. But I trust that a vastly large number of viewers of Fox News are capable of independent thought.

Would it be news to you that polls indicate that Fox news veiwers are more misinformed than viewers of other news outlets?

Peace,
Jim B.

The peasants looked to their lieges for food, protection, assistance. They knew no different - it's the way it was. Until eventually they began to ask why they weren't free. Why their efforts went to provide for the elite.

Sounds a bit like what's going on today to me....ah, but that has been going on for like forever, well, since the mid/late 60's anyway.

Nowadays, there is a sizeable portion of the population who realizes that we aren't mere serfs or peasants, there to act and behave as the self-anointed tell them.

Just not enough in the same canoe paddling in the same direction.

And this bothers the elite because those who believe they are better than everyone else just cannot accept that others may view things differently or even, shockingly, that a person may know more about what is better for him or her than the preacher goobermint does.

FIFY
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239