Iraqi Defector Admits to Lies That Led to War

I find this very interesting (link to UK Guardian),

Especially his quote: "Believe me, there was no other way to bring about freedom to Iraq. There were no other possibilities."

mh

I found THIS very interesting:

... The careers of both men were seriously damaged by their use of Janabi's claims, which he now says could have been – and were – discredited well before Powell's landmark speech to the UN on 5 February 2003.

Janabi claimed he was first exposed as a liar as early as mid-2000, when the BND travelled to a Gulf city, believed to be Dubai, to speak with his former boss at the Military Industries Commission in Iraq, Dr Bassil Latif.

The Guardian has learned separately that British intelligence officials were at that meeting, investigating a claim made by Janabi that Latif's son, who was studying in Britain, was procuring weapons for Saddam.

That claim was proven false,
and Latif strongly denied Janabi's claim of mobile bioweapons trucks and another allegation that 12 people had died during an accident at a secret bioweapons facility in south-east Baghdad.

Amazing that we went to war as a result of stories told by someone already known to be a liar.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

not to throw water on your nah nah Bush is evil tirade, but you did notice that nothing said that the USA was aware he had been discredited.

Yep, the mightiest intelligence apparatus the world has ever seen, close allies with Germany and Britain...

You must be desperate.

(PS I didn't mention Bush, that was your inference).

Yep, the mightiest intelligence apparatus the world has ever seen, close allies with Germany and Britain...

and we all admit that there should have been more due diligence and verification.

You must be desperate.

Nope, just don't have a 'truth be damned' attitude toward pushing a viewpoint.

Nope. Just your history. Living in the area that you do, how do you find time to look for corruption on a national level with all the time you must devote to fighting it in your own town? Really, you are out affecting change and not just sitting at a keyboard pointing fingers, right?
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

and we all admit that there should have been more due diligence and verification.

You must be desperate.

Nope, just don't have a 'truth be damned' attitude toward pushing a viewpoint.

Nope. Just your history. Living in the area that you do, how do you find time to look for corruption on a national level with all the time you must devote to fighting it in your own town? Really, you are out affecting change and not just sitting at a keyboard pointing fingers, right?

Nice diversion, I guess you really don't have a point worth making.

Says the guy that lives in Chicago, no less.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

:| Look again. Kallend was the addressEE of that remark.

:| Look again. Kallend was the addressEE of that remark.

oops.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Nice diversion, I guess you really don't have a point worth making.

You know it's funny. This is almost an exact replay if markharju's last thread, except here futuredivot is playing you and you are Mark. (wish I could see your face while you read and digest that one)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

not to throw water on your nah nah Bush is evil tirade, but you did notice that nothing said that the USA was aware he had been discredited.

Discredited in 2000. Meetings with British and German officials, our allies, and the US didn't know?

Who knew what and when?
We'll never know, I'm sure.
So much for open and honest g'ment.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Discredited in 2000. Meetings with British and German officials, our allies, and the US didn't know?

Who knew what and when?
We'll never know, I'm sure.
So much for open and honest g'ment.

DUUUUUUDE the PNAC boys told everyone they were going to Iraq in the mid 90's and we were going with them to Iraq ... It really is too bad that more people did not pay attention[:/]

What's really too bad is that the national news media spends so much time focusing on what color panties Paris Hilton is wearing and so little time bringing attention to issues like this.

Well at the time the PNAC told everyone their plans.... most of their vociferous followers were too busy paying attention to their massive case of CDS and the fact that he had gotten blow jobs and they had not.

Of course those followers would never actually GO to IRAQ themselves

Especially his quote: "Believe me, there was no other way to bring about freedom to Iraq. There were no other possibilities."

mh

Of course he lied! Of course GWB and company lied! The ENTIRE WORLD knew it was all a lie! The only people who thought it to be true was Americans! America, you SUCKERS![:/]
Oh Yea!!!!!!!!!!

mh

Of course he lied! Of course GWB and company lied! The ENTIRE WORLD knew it was all a lie! The only people who thought it to be true was Americans! America, you SUCKERS![:/]

and mass murdering christian terrorists...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

DUUUUUUDE the PNAC boys told everyone they were going to Iraq in the mid 90's

Well, late 90's anyway.

The entire concept of PNAC is hysterical, imperialistic rubbish.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

mh

I found THIS very interesting:

... The careers of both men were seriously damaged by their use of Janabi's claims, which he now says could have been – and were – discredited well before Powell's landmark speech to the UN on 5 February 2003.

Janabi claimed he was first exposed as a liar as early as mid-2000, when the BND travelled to a Gulf city, believed to be Dubai, to speak with his former boss at the Military Industries Commission in Iraq, Dr Bassil Latif.

The Guardian has learned separately that British intelligence officials were at that meeting, investigating a claim made by Janabi that Latif's son, who was studying in Britain, was procuring weapons for Saddam.

That claim was proven false,
and Latif strongly denied Janabi's claim of mobile bioweapons trucks and another allegation that 12 people had died during an accident at a secret bioweapons facility in south-east Baghdad.

Amazing that we went to war as a result of stories told by someone already known to be a liar.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste." ~Rahm Emanuel
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

mh

Honestly people are sheep and CHOSE to believe the lies. Going back to the year or so prior to the war, in Speakers Corner there was alot of debate on the justification for war. Many of the posters here were against the war BEFORE it happened. I am not even sure how many current posters were pro-war as I only remember Rhino's outspoken posts on the subject.

I don't believe that the US or UK governments were so naive that they believed that nonsense. I have no idea on what basis they really went to war other than some misguided belief that it would write their names in history.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

mh

Honestly people are sheep and CHOSE to believe the lies. Going back to the year or so prior to the war, in Speakers Corner there was alot of debate on the justification for war. Many of the posters here were against the war BEFORE it happened. I am not even sure how many current posters were pro-war as I only remember Rhino's outspoken posts on the subject.

I don't believe that the US or UK governments were so naive that they believed that nonsense. I have no idea on what basis they really went to war other than some misguided belief that it would write their names in history.

I think what bothers me most about the whole thing were hypocritical pukes like John Kerry, "HILARY!" and Nancy ("Douchebag") Pelosi calling Bush out on this, when they had access to the same intelligence, got the same briefings, and said the same things beforehand.

It would be one thing if everyone on both sides of the aisle owned up, but it was too easy for the left to distance themselves from the decision to go to war, and to make political points in the process.

I suppose we have the government we deserve.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I think what bothers me most about the whole thing were hypocritical pukes like John Kerry, "HILARY!" and Nancy ("Douchebag") Pelosi calling Bush out on this, when they had access to the same intelligence, got the same briefings, and said the same things beforehand.

That's a pretty big assumption.