Another Fine Example of the "Religion of Peace"

I don't think anyone here, including the OP would disagree with that.

I think you are wrong.

OK.

Would you have been more tolerant and provided meaningful input to the thread had the OP been about Druze or Christian communities rather than Muslim?

Thought I was pretty clear honour killings are not tolerable.

Yes, you were clear about that.

Let's talk about the topic and not the poster, eh?

What is the topic? Honour killings, Muslim honour killings, or the belief that honour killings prove something about islam?

Reading the text of the reference, it was about mutilations which I do not condone from anyone, anywhere.

I didn't see any reference to Muslims.

Reading the OPs text it seems to have been more about honor killings which I do not condone from anyone, anywhere.

It says the same about islam, as it says about druze, hindu, sikh, christian, jewish and any other faith in which name family members have been killed.

Bingo. Now we're on the same page. It could have been about any religious following. Would it have made a difference to you had he been talking about, say, a Jewish event? Would you have been focused on the OP's intolerance of the Jewish?

Or was the topic really: another reason why I don't like muslims?

Well, that's where it gets confusing. Reading between the lines or extrapolating sometimes misses the mark.

The referenced topic was about mutilation.
"Bibi Aisha, an 18-year-old woman from Oruzgan province in Afghanistan, who fled back to her family home from her husband's house, complaining of violence. The Taliban arrived one night, demanding Bibi be handed over to face justice. After a Taliban commander pronounced his verdict, Bibi's brother-in-law held her down and her husband sliced off her ears and then cut off her nose. Bibi was abandoned, but later rescued by aid workers and the American military."

The OP mentioned honor killings in the text. The reference was about mutilations. I have no clue as to why he didn't address mutilations in his text. Or, for that matter, why he didn't make a to reference honor killings.

OK, let's assume that's true. Even if, so what. The story stands on its own.

Yes it does, but it explains the responses to the indignant.

Yes, you are right about that. What I'm trying to figure out is why be indignant at all. You seem to be very upset that the OP talks about Muslims. People have opinions. Even you.

What hasn't been addressed is his challenge to show any similar events under the umbrella of Christianity.

I have nothing. Do you?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Is that kind of like the honor killings among some gangs? Because being dissed can, in fact, get you killed sometimes.

If so, we don't say that all gangs are bad, only the criminal ones.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Is that kind of like the honor killings among some gangs? Because being dissed can, in fact, get you killed sometimes.

Wendy P.

I'm struggling to find the connection here. But more importantly, there is a problem in phrasing. In the current usage, gang typically refers to a group of criminals who control a territory, engage in illicit markets, and war against other gangs who want the same territory. They're pretty much bad news, and responsible for a sizeable portion of the murders that occur in the US each year.

That they are prone to chains of tit for tat shootings doesn't really apply to the issue at hand where (typically) women are mutilated or killed because they don't subscribe to their family's notions of what is appropriate for them.

Wendy P.

So via extrapolation, muslims are gangsters. I will agree that there are certainly some gangster elements: the utter ruthlessness, the license to lie, cheat and steal under color of law, etc.

Yeah, that fits.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Yet another of your "I'm not a bigot but..." threads.

...and yet another one of your thinly veiled personal attacks.

Kindly show me how what I have posted is somehow bigoted.

I'm waiting.

mh

Why don't you search to see how many threads you have started in the past 12 months that are clearly anti-Islamic.

So . . . by your posting history, you are anti-republican and anti-conservative.
Does that mean you are a bigot too?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Interesting that when you write a post like that you are able to do so without spelling errors.

Guess that only happens when thought is required.

Without spelling errors? :)

Not true.

:S

Oh lookee here

another sweet little drive by post

:D

On a roll today, aren't you?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

So via extrapolation, muslims are gangsters. I will agree that there are certainly some gangster elements: the utter ruthlessness, the license to lie, cheat and steal under color of law, etc.

Yeah, that fits.

mh

You missed or dismissed my comment about extrapolation in post #76, didn't you.
"Reading between the lines or extrapolating sometimes misses the mark. "
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Mr Robertson, a former Army officer who served in Northern Ireland, was speaking at the publication of the annual report on preparations for the Olympic Games, which will be held next summer.

Asked if Republican groups were a significant threat to the Olympics, he replied: “It's a threat to the Games.”

Improvements in the way threats to the Games are analysed have increased the Government’s concern about an Irish threat, he said.

“The security situation is uncertain. When we started talking about this two years out, nobody foresaw, for example, the rise in the threat of dissident Republicanism that they're facing over the water in Ireland,” he said.

“There are constantly different elements coming in and out of the equation. There's a greater understanding of the dynamic behind it.

“We have much more appreciation of what's precisely required to keep the Games secure than we did 18 months ago.”

Recent years have seen an increase in the activities of Republican groups who reject the power-sharing Northern Ireland Assembly, including the Real IRA, Continuity IRA and Oghlaigh na hEireann.

The Police Service of Northern Ireland last month defused a significant bomb in Belfast said to have been planted by Oghlaigh na hEireann.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/olympics/8323928/Olympics-2012-Terrorist-threat-from-Irish-Republicans.html
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Nope, that post won't do. All forms of Christian religion are beautiful, wonderful things, the light of God, the chosen word.... It's only those God damn Muslims that are the enemy, only their religion causes their actions.

I wonder what is worse, abusive violence against women in Islam, or the tons of pedophilia incidents in the Catholic churches that occurs and is then turned a blind eye to and even aided by the religion's high ranking positions.

If one really wanted to use the cheap fear-mongering, thoughtless tactics of these kinds of threads. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to post a a thread with a link to some incident in Ireland every so often and maybe throw in a bunch of molestation in the church news articles too, followed with some text along the lines of.

"DO WE WANT THIS IN OUR COUNTRIES!? CHRISTIANITY IS A VILE, SICK AND TWISTED RELIGION THAT HARBOURS ABUSE!"

Though I have reason to believe certain people here would say that it's different and then continue to provide illogical reasons as to why.

My mom's in a bridge club that's a lot like a gang.

Must be a sight, when they go up against the CRIBs.... Them cribbage players are merciless.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Though I have reason to believe certain people here would say that it's different and then continue to provide illogical reasons as to why.

i have no idea who you might be talking about :)
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

To name but a few...

What's going to be your excuse this time now that your previous post failed in it's attempt?

Interesting that when you write a post like that you are able to do so without spelling errors.

Not true.

Oh lookee here

Maybe

But at least I am not being an ass
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Not true.

Oh lookee here

Maybe

Says who? :|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Not true.

Oh lookee here

Maybe

Says who? :|

Yet again you make my point

Thank You!:)
Abraham Lincoln

Marc,

Just in this thread you have shown that your debating skills are all the way up to 4th grade potty mouth.

You are making yourself look foolish.

Really?

Ok

since i no longer care what you think

I would rather be this than a petty person who calls others names to try and stifle or censure debate

An early post subsequent to the OP shows the tactics those like you would use instead of dealing with a point of view you disagree with.

Shameful!

And I have stated that here before and because there are those like you and Andy are here (and others) I am sure I will get the chance to do it again

You try it again here

You failed again

So you indicate I should grow up?

Go look in your mirror teach
Abraham Lincoln

QED

You will be treated as you treat others here

By me at least

Show some respect and you might get some

Otherwise?

(insert comment here)
Abraham Lincoln

What hasn't been addressed is his challenge to show any similar events under the umbrella of Christianity.

Because the challenge is flawed. The discussed event is culture driven not religon driven. But since many cannot grasp the difference in those concepts, the following is copied from Wikipedia:

"in Brazil, until 1991 wife killings were considered to be non-criminal 'honor killings'; in just one year, nearly eight hundred husbands killed their wives. "

Now, since this is a cultural issue, there is no mention of religon. However, 89.4% of the population of Brazil is either Roman Catholic or Protestant. Odds are pretty high a fair number of those 800 husbands is of a christian faith.

I wonder why markharju never posts about honour killings in Brazil?

(popsjumper, you obviously didn't look to hard either, the information is pretty readily available. Would that be because you are also more concerned about addressing the poster as opposed to the topic? A little pot calling the kettle black?)

I didn't see any reference to Muslims.

You may want to read the title of the post.

Would it have made a difference to you had he been talking about, say, a Jewish event?

Honour killings or mutilations are not a muslim event. They are cultural, not religous. Hence, if he wanted to have an honest discussion about honour killings within the jewish faith, well let's have it. However, it is my clear impression tha the OP has no interest in honour killings or mutilations, it is just a vehicle.

What I'm trying to figure out is why be indignant at all. You seem to be very upset that the OP talks about Muslims. People have opinions. Even you.

The indignant I was talking about where those who were "upset" that markharju was not getting responses on his "topic".

I am certainly not upset markharju posts about muslims. In my opinion he is a bigot and a racist and his opinions carry absolutely no weight with me. I actually would prefer he posts more, it shows his true character.