likearock

Palin aide claims that cross hairs were "surveyor symbols"

Just went out and looked through the scope on my 30.06 and guess what, it still looks exactly like the crosshairs on Palin's map.:D

Do me a favor - take a picture of your scope and post it - I've never seen one where the crosshair stick out past the tube. Does it say "now we can vote against them" like Palin's site?

Does your scope not mention Giffords like Palin's site, too?

Um, how about looking at the actual Facebook page rather than some out of date Google cache? It most definitely does mention Giffords. >:(

Just went out and looked through the scope on my 30.06 and guess what, it still looks exactly like the crosshairs on Palin's map.:D

Do me a favor - take a picture of your scope and post it - I've never seen one where the crosshair stick out past the tube. Does it say "now we can vote against them" like Palin's site?

Um, how about looking at the actual Facebook page rather than some out of date Google cache? It most definitely does mention Giffords. >:(

Because I was given to understand that the original MAP was on the "take back the 20" site.

But let's look at the facebook page, then.

"We’re going to fire them and send them back to the private sector"
" Come November, we’re going to print pink slips for members of Congress "
"The others are running for re-election, and we’re going to hold them accountable for this disastrous Obamacare vote."
"This is just the first salvo in a fight to elect people across the nation "

Voting, not violence.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Because I was given to understand that the original MAP was on the "take back the 20" site.

But let's look at the facebook page, then.

"We’re going to fire them and send them back to the private sector"
" Come November, we’re going to print pink slips for members of Congress "
"The others are running for re-election, and we’re going to hold them accountable for this disastrous Obamacare vote."
"This is just the first salvo in a fight to elect people across the nation "

Voting, not violence.

That's fine for someone who takes the time to actually read the fine print (and it is pretty fine print thanks to the font Nazis at FB). But that's a pretty compelling graphic - I'm sure at least some people would just take in the graphic and leave it at that. And the graphic clearly has Giffords' name attached to it.

If someone now takes a shot at Sarah Palin, should the Left be to blame? After reading this thread, I think so.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Make Sarah the victim. That way you don't have to think so much about the real flesh and blood woman who's clinging to life with a head wound.

Very classy!

That's fine for someone who takes the time to actually read the fine print (and it is pretty fine print thanks to the font Nazis at FB). But that's a pretty compelling graphic - I'm sure at least some people would just take in the graphic and leave it at that. And the graphic clearly has Giffords' name attached to it.

I think you're stretching.

If that is the case, the targets on the DCCC and DLC cites are equally likely to incite violence, yes?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

If someone now takes a shot at Sarah Palin, should the Left be to blame? After reading this thread, I think so.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Make Sarah the victim. That way you don't have to think so much about the real flesh and blood woman who's clinging to life with a head wound.

If Palin's map inspired violence against Giffords, then news coverage blaming Palin and the Tea Party for the shooting is equally responsible for inspiring violence done against them.

Very classy!

Classier than the blood libel from the Left over the last several days, given that there is exactly ZERO evidence that Loehner was a follower or reader of Palin or the Tea Party.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Very classy!

Seems to me it's you and your ilk who are "Fostering a Climate of Hate" against Palin. If someone now shoots her, of course she would be a victim. What else would you call her? Naturally, you are completely and utterly blinded to this fact. No surprise there.

Very classy!

Seems to me it's you and your ilk who are "Fostering a Climate of Hate" against Palin. If someone now shoots her, of course she would be a victim. What else would you call her? Naturally, you are completely and utterly blinded to this fact. No surprise there.

Project much?

Like I said there's a real flesh and blood victim who's lying in a hospital, not to mention the others who have actually died, and all you can think of is your precious Sarah. Poor Sarah!

Like I said there's a real flesh and blood victim who's lying in a hospital, not to mention the others who have actually died,

Only took you 113 posts to get around to the human angle - congrats.

and all you[s/] I can think of is blaming it on your precious Sarah. Poor Sarah!

You couldn't be bothered to think about the human cost until it was pointed out that the 'blame game' works both ways, and *NOW* you suddenly cry "Shame"?

Disgusting.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Very classy!

They have been for years. Just look at billvons posts where he tell people they hate Obama when they only post disagreements to his postions and policy

There is an agenda by the left here and that is to shut up those with whom they disagree

The blame they are trying to pin on others is backfireing thank god. but they will not give up

Sick disgusting display by the left nationaly and here[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

If, in the future, someone who posts on DZ.Com goes off and shoots 20 skydivers, does that make the moderators responsible because they allowed that person to spew hate for many years? Are the moderators and owner responsible because they didn't ban that person? Does that qualify as "fostering an environment of hate" because they allowed it to continue even though a psychiatrist warned them about that person?

There is an agenda by both sides here and that is to shut up those with whom they disagree

The blame they are trying to pin on others is backfireing thank god. but they will not give up

Sick disgusting display by both sides nationaly and here

Fixed it for you

- Dan G

If, in the future, someone who posts on DZ.Com goes off and shoots 20 skydivers, does that make the moderators responsible because they allowed that person to spew hate for many years? Are the moderators and owner responsible because they didn't ban that person? Does that qualify as "fostering an environment of hate" because they allowed it to continue even though a psychiatrist warned them about that person?

The direction this issue has taken (except for the gun control side) initially really surprised me. But when one looks at how bad the lefts agenda is starting to fail right now and the anger they have at thet fact, I suppose this should have been predictied, saddly.
Now it is turing into an attempt to sensor

I wonder if people understand where the real danger is here[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

There is an agenda by both sides here and that is to shut up those with whom they disagree

Fixed it for you

So the right is trying to pin this shooting on the vitriol coming from the left?

Cool

show me where please
Abraham Lincoln

Was that a serious question? The first step in triage is to stop the bleeding. Then you spin what you did by saying they're surveyor symbols. But no matter what, you still replace anything that hints at trouble in the aftermath of an event like this.

Yes it's a serious question. If she's done nothing wrong, if all they were were surveyor symbols, why should she be compelled to retract them?

same reason politicians apologize for using the word niggardly, even though it has no relation to nigger. There's little gain in pissing off 10 or 15% of the population, even if they're stupid people.

In the aftermath of a shooting of a legislator, there's little gain in having a graphic with targeting crosshairs on it. It's stupid (or politically motivated) to tie them together, but GOP (and Democrat) politicians will steer well clear of anything that can be so construed.

Fixed it for you

So the right is trying to pin this shooting on the vitriol coming from the left?

Cool

show me where please

Actually, I have brought that up, but really just to show how ridiculous it is.

It does make a lot more sense though, compared to blaming conservative vitriol, so I keep bringing it up.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

of course Palin's camp took it all down from the site.

And why do you suppose she did that?

Was that a serious question? The first step in triage is to stop the bleeding. Then you spin what you did by saying they're surveyor symbols. But no matter what, you still replace anything that hints at trouble in the aftermath of an event like this.

Yes it's a serious question. If she's done nothing wrong, if all they were were surveyor symbols, why should she be compelled to retract them?

Surveyor or scope, I don't think there is a distinction that matters.

It is lame to try and claim a difference because of that distinction. No surprise that the cross hairs would be removed now, people generally comply with PC norms.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

blood libel

Way to go, Mike. I see you picked up on that talking point from Mama Grizzly herself.

So now Sarah's actually equating what's happening to her to the murder and torture of Jews due to rumors that they were drinking the blood of Christian children?

For those of you unfamiliar with the term: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_libel

Man, she just keeps digging that hole deeper and deeper, doesn't she?