skyrider

More Of That Change, and it Wont Be Going in Your Pocket

Do you have a clue of what is in the HC Bill that the Tea Dregs are pushing???
No difference I can see other than screwing more young women as the party policy. Get raped.. have that kid for Christ.

You really should have that attitude looked at...I think it's infected.

Amazing that even after last Tuesday some still cling to the idea that jamming the HC bill through behind closed doors was the right thing to do. I guess we'll see.

Gee perhaps that would not have happened if the PARTY OF NO would have actually been interested in what was good for America and governing rather than a blanket obstructionist policy to ensure all of their base and those not willing to notice anything beyond the fear mongering of FAUX NEWS and their other mouthpieces on the fringe right.

Yes and No.

It's great to have a party of opposition to make sure ideas get filtered and aren't extreme either way.

It's equally ineffective, though, (in comparison to a party that has free reins) to have a party of "NO" based entirely on defiance - which, during the HC debate, the Republican party largely was.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Yes and No.

It's great to have a party of opposition to make sure ideas get filtered and aren't extreme either way.

It's equally ineffective, though, (in comparison to a party that has free reins) to have a party of "NO" based entirely on defiance - which, during the HC debate, the Republican party largely was.

Ian

It is funny to shit the party of no bs bantered about

The Dems needed not one R to get things done early in Obamas term

Filibuster proof senate and large house magorities

But it is the Republicams fault they could not get more done

Please

Keep it up:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Yes and No.

Ian

It is funny to shit the party of no bs bantered about

The Dems needed not one R to get things done early in Obamas term

Filibuster proof senate and large house magorities

But it is the Republicams fault they could not get more done

Please

Keep it up:D

Hey if the PUBES were actually into governing.. instead of posturing.. perhaps they might have come to the bargaining table to make for better legislation...

OOOOOPS SOOOO not gonna happen.

Personally at this point.. I think the Democrats.. should return the favor.. turn about is fair play isn't it??

I am just waiting for one of the imbeciles here to start spouting the UP OR DOWN VOTE Mantra again... I seemed to notice the USUAL SUSPECTS were mighty quiet the last couple years about that whole UP OR DOWN VOTE they were spewing when Bush had all 3 branches of government in his rubber stamp pockets.

As usual, you missed the point of the post.

Dont think I missed it

You just got called on it and you dont like it
Abraham Lincoln

Dont think I missed it

*sigh*, no. But I do recognize that attempting to discuss items with a fanatic, from either side, is a futile event. So it's a waste of my energy (not directed at you GravityMaster).

Congratulations, Marc, you just made another convert: yet one more reasonable, moderate person who recognizes that it's a complete waste of time to try to engage you in a reasonable conversation.

Ahh

again you are so cute

enjoy your day sir
Abraham Lincoln

The Dems did not need a single republican vote

This is a fact

So
Their were some good Dems opposing the crap the rest of them were trying to pass and they need to try and get the Republicans to help

When they couldnt they blamed them

So I say there are some moderate Dems, well there were cause they are all gone now for following Pelosi, anyway, there were some moderate Dems that the left could not overcome

And you buy the it was the party of no kool aid

I for one and glad they stood their ground cause there is no compromising with the left
Abraham Lincoln

Dont think I missed it

*sigh*, no. But I do recognize that attempting to discuss items with a fanatic, from either side, is a futile event. So it's a waste of my energy (not directed at you GravityMaster).

You posted that the republicans were the part of no during the HC debate

When the debate started the Dems needed not 1 republican vote to pass the bill. That id a fact. So why did it not get passed then? It was written!

I have stated before I like a split gove because if we are lucky nothing gets done unless it is really necessary. That is not the case with the HC bill.

IF I am a "fanactic" then I am one who is in support of the US Constitution.

So, this is point I seen in your post. If you have another please explain
Abraham Lincoln

Congratulations, Marc, you just made another convert: yet one more reasonable, moderate person who recognizes that it's a complete waste of time to try to engage you in a reasonable conversation.

As typical lib the only reasonable moderate postions you recognise are only those that you agree with

I understand this

You live it

There lies the difference
Abraham Lincoln

So true. Unfortunately the Republicans weren't able to stop the fanatacism from the Dems when it came to HC.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

So true. Unfortunately the Republicans weren't able to stop the fanatacism from the Dems when it came to HC.

Careful or Andy will call you a converter too:D
Abraham Lincoln

Absolutely, I totally agree that the Dem's shouldn't have gone unfettered. However, the Republican party (imo) totally dropped the ball on HC too. They were so hell bent on saying No to everything, that they missed the opportunity to have good solid input. The Dems, took the opportunity to exploit that on the other end too by simply pushing ahead.

Ian

Absolutely, I totally agree that the Dem's shouldn't have gone unfettered. However, the Republican party (imo) totally dropped the ball on HC too. They were so hell bent on saying No to everything, that they missed the opportunity to have good solid input. The Dems, took the opportunity to exploit that on the other end too by simply pushing ahead.

Ian

As I remember it there were quite a few attempts to add language and edit from the republicans.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Ian

It is not true that they didnt try
They were shut out
I could pull the stories and the suggestions

Need I do that?
Abraham Lincoln

However, the Republican party (imo) totally dropped the ball on HC too. They were so hell bent on saying No to everything, that they missed the opportunity to have good solid input.

Then you weren't paying attention. Alternate healthcare bills (HR 2520, S 1324 and HR 2400) *were* submitted.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

However, the Republican party (imo) totally dropped the ball on HC too. They were so hell bent on saying No to everything, that they missed the opportunity to have good solid input.

Then you weren't paying attention. Alternate healthcare bills (HR 2520, S 1324 and HR 2400) *were* submitted.

Yet they were unwilling to try to work with Democrats on any compromise solution. To believe that the Republicans were willing to do anything other than block.. obfuscate and to act as nothing more than petulant children Mike is delusional.

Yet they were unwilling to try to work with Democrats on any compromise solution. To believe that the Republicans were willing to do anything other than block.. obfuscate and to act as nothing more than petulant children Mike is delusional.

What were the bills, then, if not compromise attempts?

The 'block and obfuscate' is pure bullshit, too, seeing the Dems had a sufficient majority to pass the bills without a single Rep vote.

Nice try, though.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

What were the bills, then, if not compromise attempts?

The 'block and obfuscate' is pure bullshit, too, seeing the Dems had a sufficient majority to pass the bills without a single Rep vote.

Nice try, though.

I notice we did not get too many of the right wing bleating posts about up or down votes during that time... want to bet we will hear them called for over and overr now in the next 2 years????:ph34r: